Boulder clean liquid laundry detergent reviews
Explore the Wide Range of Laundry Detergents Savage For Him
2023.06.03 09:01 savageforhim Explore the Wide Range of Laundry Detergents Savage For Him
submitted by savageforhim
to u/savageforhim [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 06:39 sleepymarketingsales Lenovo Legion T5 Gamer Desktop Computer
The Lenovo Legion T5 Gamer Desktop Computer is a powerful gaming machine that offers exceptional performance and cutting-edge features. With its sleek design and high-quality components, it's no wonder that this computer has gained popularity among gamers and tech enthusiasts alike. In this article, we will delve into the various aspects of the Lenovo Legion T5 and explore what makes it a top choice for gamers.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 is powered by the latest generation Intel Core processors, which deliver lightning-fast speeds and seamless multitasking capabilities.
- The computer features an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card, ensuring smooth and immersive gaming experiences with stunning visuals and realistic effects.
- With a spacious storage capacity, the Lenovo Legion T5 provides ample space to store all your favorite games, movies, and files without worrying about running out of space.
- The Legion T5 comes with a high-speed solid-state drive (SSD) that significantly improves boot times and reduces loading screens in games.
- The desktop computer boasts a sleek and stylish design, with customizable RGB lighting that adds a touch of personalization to your gaming setup.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 is equipped with a comprehensive cooling system that keeps the components running at optimal temperatures, even during intense gaming sessions.
- The computer supports VR (virtual reality) gaming, allowing you to immerse yourself in virtual worlds and explore new dimensions of gameplay.
- The Legion T5 features a multitude of connectivity options, including USB ports, HDMI, and DisplayPort, making it easy to connect your favorite peripherals and accessories.
- The computer comes with a gaming keyboard and mouse that are specifically designed for enhanced precision and responsiveness.
- Lenovo offers extensive customer support and warranty options, ensuring that you are well taken care of if any issues arise with your Legion T5.
- The Legion T5 is highly customizable, allowing you to upgrade components such as the graphics card, RAM, and storage to meet your evolving gaming needs.
- The computer runs on Windows 10, providing a familiar and user-friendly operating system for gamers of all levels.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 utilizes advanced audio technology, delivering crystal-clear sound and immersive surround sound experiences.
- The desktop computer supports dual monitors, enabling you to have a more expansive and immersive gaming setup.
- The Legion T5 is equipped with a range of connectivity options, including Wi-Fi and Ethernet, ensuring a stable and reliable internet connection for online gaming.
- The computer features a user-friendly interface that allows for easy customization of settings and optimization of gaming performance.
- The Legion T5 is designed with future-proofing in mind, ensuring that it can handle the demands of upcoming games and technologies.
- Lenovo offers regular software updates and driver releases, ensuring that your Legion T5 is always up to date with the latest features and improvements.
- The computer comes with a variety of pre-installed gaming software, including Lenovo Vantage and the Lenovo Nerve Center, which provide additional features and optimization tools.
- The Legion T5 is built with durability in mind, using high-quality components and robust construction to withstand the rigors of long gaming sessions.
- The computer features a spacious and well-organized interior, making it easy to access and upgrade components as needed.
- The Legion T5 is optimized for gaming performance, with features like high refresh rate support and low input lag to give you a competitive edge.
- The computer supports streaming capabilities, allowing you to easily share your gameplay with friends and the online gaming community.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers a seamless gaming experience, with minimal lag and fast response times that ensure smooth gameplay.
- The computer comes with a range of ports and slots, making it easy to connect external devices such as gaming controllers, headphones, and micro
- The Legion T5 is designed to be energy-efficient, helping you save on electricity costs while minimizing environmental impact.
- The computer's compact form factor makes it ideal for those with limited desk space, as it can easily fit into smaller gaming setups.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 is backed by positive reviews from users and experts alike, praising its performance, reliability, and value for money.
- The computer offers extensive customization options, allowing you to personalize the lighting, effects, and settings to match your gaming style and preferences.
- The Legion T5 is equipped with a high-quality display, providing vibrant colors and sharp visuals that enhance your gaming experience.
- The computer features a robust and efficient power supply unit, ensuring stable and reliable power delivery to all components.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 incorporates advanced gaming technologies, such as ray tracing and DLSS, to deliver lifelike graphics and realistic effects.
- The computer comes with a dedicated gaming mode that optimizes system resources for maximum performance during gameplay.
- The Legion T5 is designed to be upgradable, allowing you to easily swap out components and stay up to date with the latest hardware advancements.
- The computer offers multiple audio outputs, enabling you to connect external speakers or headphones for an immersive audio experience.
- The Legion T5 comes with a comprehensive set of ports and connectors, including USB 3.0, USB-C, and audio jacks, providing versatility for all your peripheral needs.
- The computer features a robust security system, including password protection and encryption options, to keep your gaming data and personal information safe.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers a smooth and responsive gaming experience, with minimal input lag and high frame rates.
- The computer comes with a user-friendly setup process, allowing you to get up and running quickly and easily.
- The Legion T5 is designed with efficient heat dissipation in mind, ensuring that the components remain cool even during demanding gaming sessions.
- The computer supports multiple monitor setups, enabling you to have a more immersive and multitasking-friendly gaming experience.
- The Legion T5 is compatible with a wide range of gaming accessories and peripherals, including gaming headsets, controllers, and VR devices.
- The computer features a dedicated gaming button that allows you to quickly access gaming-related settings and features.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 comes with a generous amount of memory, allowing for smooth multitasking and fast loading times.
- The computer is designed to be quiet during operation, minimizing distractions and providing an immersive gaming environment.
- The Legion T5 offers a range of pre-installed gaming software, including game launchers and optimization tools, to enhance your gaming experience.
- The computer's powerful hardware ensures that it can handle resource-intensive tasks, such as video editing and 3D rendering, in addition to gaming.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 comes with a reliable and responsive customer support team, ensuring that any issues or queries are promptly addressed.
- The computer features a user-friendly BIOS interface, allowing for easy customization of settings and overclocking options.
- The Legion T5 offers a range of connectivity options, including Bluetooth, allowing you to connect wireless peripherals and devices effortlessly.
- The computer's compact size and portable design make it easy to transport for LAN parties or gaming events.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 is built with high-quality components from reputable manufacturers, ensuring long-lasting performance and reliability.
- The computer comes with a comprehensive warranty that covers parts and labor, providing peace of mind for your investment.
- The Legion T5 is designed to minimize cable clutter, with strategically placed ports and cable management options for a clean and organized setup.
- The computer's high refresh rate display provides
smooth and fluid visuals, reducing motion blur and enhancing your gaming experience.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers a variety of performance modes, allowing you to customize the computer's performance based on your specific needs.
- The computer features a spacious and well-ventilated chassis, ensuring optimal airflow and cooling for the internal components.
- The Legion T5 comes with pre-installed software that allows you to monitor system performance, temperatures, and fan speeds in real-time.
- The computer supports fast charging technology, allowing you to quickly recharge your devices via USB ports.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers a seamless online gaming experience, with reliable network connectivity and low latency.
- The computer's RGB lighting system can be synchronized with other compatible peripherals and accessories, creating a cohesive gaming setup.
- The Legion T5 is designed to be easily upgradable, allowing you to swap out components and stay ahead of the latest gaming trends.
- The computer's ergonomic design and placement of ports and buttons ensure ease of use and accessibility.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 comes with a range of pre-installed software and utilities, including antivirus protection and system optimization tools.
- The computer's powerful processor and graphics card combination allow for smooth multitasking and seamless transitions between applications.
- The Legion T5 supports multi-channel audio output, providing an immersive and realistic sound experience during gaming.
- The computer's high-speed connectivity options enable lag-free online gaming and smooth streaming of gameplay to online platforms.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers a variety of gaming modes, such as FPS (first-person shooter) and RTS (real-time strategy), optimizing the system for specific game genres.
- The computer features a user-friendly interface that allows for easy customization of RGB lighting effects and other visual enhancements.
- The Legion T5 is equipped with advanced thermal management technology, including multiple cooling fans and heat sinks, to ensure optimal performance.
- The computer's high-quality display supports a wide color gamut, providing vibrant and accurate colors for a more immersive gaming experience.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers extensive storage options, including both SSD and HDD configurations, giving you the flexibility to choose the storage solution that suits your needs.
- The computer's powerful graphics card supports real-time ray tracing, delivering lifelike lighting and reflections for a more realistic gaming experience.
- The Legion T5 comes with a dedicated gaming software suite, including features like game optimization and system performance monitoring.
- The computer's high-performance components are carefully selected and tested to ensure compatibility and reliability.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers a variety of gaming accessories and peripherals, such as gaming chairs and monitors, to complete your gaming setup.
- The computer features a high-quality audio system, with support for advanced audio technologies like Dolby Atmos, for an immersive sound experience.
- The Legion T5 is designed to run quietly, with noise-dampening materials and efficient cooling systems that keep fan noise to a minimum.
- The computer's sleek and modern design makes it a stylish addition to any gaming setup, enhancing the overall aesthetics of your gaming area.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers seamless integration with popular gaming platforms and services, allowing you to easily access and manage your gaming library.
- The computer's high-resolution display delivers crisp and detailed visuals, allowing you to fully appreciate the graphics of your favorite games.
- The Legion T5 is equipped with fast and responsive input devices, such as a gaming keyboard and mouse, to enhance your gaming performance.
- The computer supports multi-display setups, enabling you to have a panoramic view of your games or multitask efficiently.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers extensive customization options for the RGB lighting, allowing you to create dynamic and personalized lighting
- The computer's robust construction and durable components ensure long-term reliability and stability, even under heavy gaming usage.
- The Legion T5's efficient power management features help minimize energy consumption, reducing your environmental footprint.
- The computer's comprehensive software suite provides features like game recording, live streaming, and voice chat, enhancing your gaming and social experiences.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers a wide range of connectivity options, including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 6, and Ethernet, for seamless connectivity with peripherals and networks.
- The computer's advanced networking capabilities prioritize gaming traffic, ensuring a smooth and lag-free online gaming experience.
- The Legion T5's compact form factor and lightweight design make it easy to transport, allowing you to take your gaming rig on the go.
- The computer's advanced cooling system includes features like liquid cooling and dust filters, ensuring optimal performance and longevity.
- The Lenovo Legion T5 offers extensive software customization options, allowing you to fine-tune system settings and personalize your gaming experience.
- The computer's high-speed memory ensures fast data access and smooth multitasking, minimizing lag and delays.
- The Legion T5's intuitive software interface provides easy access to system information, performance monitoring, and optimization tools.
- The computer's robust connectivity options enable seamless integration with external devices, such as VR headsets, gaming controllers, and external displays.
- The Lenovo Legion T5's reliability is backed by rigorous testing and quality assurance processes, ensuring consistent performance and durability.
- The computer's efficient power management features help optimize battery life for laptops, allowing for extended gaming sessions on the go.
- The Legion T5's advanced graphics technology delivers high frame rates and smooth gameplay, even in demanding and graphically intensive games.
- The computer's intuitive software ecosystem provides easy access to game libraries, updates, and social features, streamlining your gaming experience.
- The Lenovo Legion T5's robust warranty and customer support services provide peace of mind, ensuring prompt assistance and resolution for any issues that may arise.
submitted by sleepymarketingsales
to u/sleepymarketingsales [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 01:11 speedingelement What’s the Secret to Getting Gym Smell Out of Clothes???
Going to the gym is a new routine for me. I didn’t grow up doing sports, so I honestly have no experience with this. I sometimes wear t-shirts with no issues or Under Armour shirts that seem to smell “sweaty” even after going through the wash and dryer. I don’t get it… 🤷🏼♂️ My wash routine is to wash my clothes once a week, and use a small amount of liquid laundry detergent and several glugs of vinegar. I typically put both where the liquid detergent goes. I’ve even tried increasing the amount of vinegar I use, but that doesn’t have any effect. One time I bought a bottle at the dollar store and used half of that. Again, same results. I tried hanging my Under Armour gear with coat hangers on the shower rod to dry. Still ends up smelling like sweat once dry. I sweat when I’m working out, but would not call myself a heavy sweater. I feel like I’m missing out on something or my routine is not-quite-right. I’ve read about adding vinegar to the regular wash cycle, and others swear by putting it in the fabric softener compartment. Tried both with similar results. (Is the adding vinegar like the great toilet paper debate of over or under?) Any secrets you could provide would be greatly appreciated as to how to get my lycra-infused gym gear to not smell like sweat even after a wash cycle. No pressure or anything, but I’m hoping to try the suggestions tomorrow, as Saturdays are my laundry day. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
submitted by speedingelement
to CleaningTips [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:39 TinyComplaint3 What are these swarming on my dirty wet laundry bag?
Detergent accidentally spilled all over my dirty laundry bag. The next night these were swarming all over it, so I quickly bagged it up on a trash bag.
What are they? They look like silverfish but not quite.
Can I just shake them off outside and clean the clothes like normal?
submitted by TinyComplaint3
to pestcontrol [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 21:32 montagne__verte A College Student's Guide to Minimalism
After the summer I'll be headed into my junior year of an American University. I've been a minimalist since my freshman or sophomore year of high school so I've been at this for a while. In my years of college so far I've lived in a dorm, an apartment, and at home on a gap semester so I can confidently give others advice. Whether you're starting out in minimalism or wanting to deepen your practice, this is for you. College is a great time to start minimalism because if you're like me, you're moving around a lot.
My University is a 3 hour drive from my house so luckily I was able to use a car to move in and out but I didn't have a car to use which turned out to help my minimalism as it resulted in smaller shopping trips. If I were flying in, it would be a different story and I would have to pack less but I had some room. Clothing
- Seasonal clothing: My college town has all four seasons so layering was my friend. Summers and spring I wore pants and shorts with a tank top. I have one pair of denim shorts and pants because really, who needs more? They last many wears and a basic blue or black denim can go with anything. In the fall and winter, I layered the exact same outfits with a jacket. I have a few different jackets which I'm trying to pair down. I have a huge snow jacket which I hate having because it takes up so much space. I was about to get rid of it but we had the craziest winter this past January and February so I'm glad I kept it. Sometimes you don't want to keep things but it will serve its purpose. If it doesn't, get rid of it. When I get clothes, I like to get new clothes, I like for them to have multiple purposes but snow jackets are very specific, however, it's better to be comfortable. Especially if you're walking everywhere which I was doing.
- Underwear: While I was at my apartment this past spring semester, I realized I never used all my underwear and socks in a week (I do laundry once a week). Since I've moved home for the summer, I put some of each away in a box and used what I had. If I needed more I'd grab some but I think I've figured out the perfect number which is different for everyone. I can't really comment on bras even tho I am a girl but I don't really wear them or if I do, it's a yoga bra and I'll wear it as my shirt.
- Shoes: If you live somewhere snowy and have a pair of hiking shoes that are water-resistant, they work in snow. I was told they wouldn't work so I bought a pair of Timberlands and barely wore them and wasted $150 on them. Recently, I bought a pair of Chacos chelsea boots. I got the black color so I could wear them to work and they'd look more professional. However, black absorbs heat so my feet always get warm. Once these have run their time I'll get a brown color. I have one pair of tennis shoes that I only wear over summer when I work at summer camps. I'm not a fan of tennis shoes but if you go to the gym or run then have one pair and only get another once they are worn out. I have two pairs of hiking sandals which I can also wear with socks in the chillier weather but I'd like to pair them down to one.
- "Maybes": You know these clothes, the ones you just cannot seem to donate but don't know why you're keeping onto them (or you do). What I've found is I'll get a bag and put my maybes in those and put them out of sight for a few weeks. If I don't miss them, I have my answer.
- "Maybes" pt. 2: If you move home during the summers and/or winters, I highly suggest keeping some maybes at home. When you come back, you'll most likely be able to donate it all.
- Hangers: Only bring with you how many hangers you currently need plus maybe one or two more if you want to be nice to yourself. Once you run out, you cannot buy any more clothes.
- 1 in 2 out: This has been my philosophy with clothes for quite some time now because clothes are the biggest struggle of mine when it comes to minimalism. Now, whenever I buy an item of clothing, it has to be able to replace at least two items I already have or be something I need but don't have yet (like work clothes).
- Linen: You only need one pair of sheets, I promise.
- Desk: I work my best when my desk if clean so all I keep on there is a mason jar with a few pens, my laptop, and a fake plant (I don't like to move around a bunch with real plants and not every place I'm in has a window with a lot of sunlight). I take all my notes digitally so I don't have to worry about physical clutter. I do that with books/textbooks as well. Unless I need to get a physical copy, I always purchase it as an online book.
- Towels: One towel is all you need, I promise.
- Toiletries: Scaling down your bathroom routine is a must. I haven't worn makeup since I've become a minimalist and it works for me and I enjoy it but if makeup is a must for you, really think about each step and if you can cut out any. Also, don't keep so many refills on hand, just go buy another when you need it, it really helps with clutter. A few things I have refills on hand. Like my deodorant comes in packs of two and my razor comes with multiple head replacements.
- Shower: I've decided I'm going to get rid of my bath mat next semester. Why do I need one if I can just dry off in the tub/shower? Really think about what you actually need.
- Toothbrush: This is something I've just decided to do. I have an electric toothbrush that I've used for years but I'm going to move back to a good old fashioned manual one. The replaceable toothbrush heads are like $15 a piece! Plus, it's bulkier and I always have to keep a normal one on hand when I take a trip.
My roommate and I split the cupboards and drawers but I didn't use half of mine!
- Pots & pans: Get a good cast iron pan and pot and you'll never need anything else (just be sure you season them right). Maybe get another saucepan if your recipes are more complex but scale down on the complex recipes! (See my next point)
- Recipes: I love to cook but sometimes the recipe has 10 spices, 8 different veggies, and 10 different topping choices. I'm vegan so that makes some things easier but not much. You can edit recipes. It may take some trial and error but spice it to your liking. You're not going to taste a 1/4 tsp of cumin, I promise. Also, I don't like bell peppers so if a recipe has that, I get rid of it. Finding simpler recipes has really helped my kitchen stay minimal.
- Food: This is something I'm still trying to work on. I didn't cook much in my dorm but this past semester I didn't have a meal plan and I had a kitchen. I was spending anywhere from $200-400 a month on groceries and unfortunately I left a lot of food to go to waste. MAKE A MEAL PLAN. I love notion and made a recipe book with my favorite recipes. This has helped immensely with food waste. Also, don't get that one super specific thing for one recipe that you're only going to make once. Either skip the recipe or find a substitute. I'll use this example which doesn't apply to me but it's a good example. I love tahini and use it in a lot of things. I can go through a jar of it in 2 months. Others however may never use it but one recipe calls for it. Use another nut butter instead or skip the recipe. Or find more to use it in instead of letting it sit in your fridge and just throwing it out when you move.
- Plates, utensils, etc.: Do you really need more than 2 plates/bowls/cups? If you have guests, get compostable reusable plates or BYOP. I had 3 of everything but rarely used the 3rd so when I go back, I'm only taking 2 of everything. I wash my dishes as soon as I'm done (or as I go) so it hasn't been a problem for me. Same goes with knives. Do you really need a whole knife block? Just get 1 or 2 quality knives and you'll never need another again.
- Appliances: Be careful when it comes to appliances because they take up a lot of space when moving. If you drink coffee a lot, get coffee appliances. For me, I love tea so I have a kettle to boil water. I recently got a high speed blender to use as a blender and a food processor and I've loved it. I also recently got an air fryer as a gift. I haven't used it yet but I'm also scared to start haha. I just need to do it once and then I'll be familiar with it. However, if I can use that to replace having to heat up the oven each time, I'll take it. Don't get a toaster oven. You can heat up your bread on a pan on the stove just perfectly and it saves space.
- Random shit: We all love those fancy shaped bottles and the cool fridge organizers. I had a fancy bottle last semester. Didn't use it once so it is not coming back with me next semester. Those clear plastic fridge organizers are expensiveeee. Do you really need them? Minimalism isn't about having the best organization, it's about being mindful with your stuff. Maybe you find value in those organizers, go for it! But for me personally, they wouldn't add any value to me as I can already organize my fridge pretty well. However, I just bought one of those rotating organizers because the corner of one of my cabinets was getting crowded with spices and oils.
- Find a good multi-purpose cleaner and it will be a lifesaver!
- Dryer balls are your best friend.
- Target's brand Ever Spring has a concentrated laundry detergent and the bottle takes up almost no room and one squirt gets the job done. It's been a lifesaver.
- Just get a broom. A vacuum takes up a lot of space and is heavy.
- Ngl, I never touched my living room once. I spent no time there. My roommate had some things but if you're not going to hang out there much, don't keep anything in there.
Hope I covered most things and it wasn't too confusing. If you have any other questions, I'd love to answer. If you want links to anything I mentioned please let me know!
submitted by montagne__verte
to minimalism [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 21:15 Psychological_Bug_89 How can I help my husband realize he has OCD and needs help?
I think my husband has OCD and it's making me crazy. He insists that I have to position my dining room chair exactly "straight" whenever I get up from the table. He wants me to wipe down/dry the bathroom counter and he'll reprimand me if there's even a small drop left. A few years ago he decided that we have to have different laundry baskets for clean or dirty clothes, and he has a ritual where he loads the dirty clothes into the washing machine, then washes his hands without touching anything else, and only then closes the door on the machine and adds the laundry detergent, and I have to do the same or he will get upset and lecture me on not contaminating things in the house.
First, would you agree these behaviors are consistent with OCD? And if so, how can I help him realize they need to be addressed? He has said he feels anxious if the chair is askew, so I think he connects these requirements with wanting to feel better.
On the other hand, when I have pointed out that these aren't rational behaviors, he disagrees, so I'm not confident he will agree to get an assessment or talk to anyone about them.
Bottom line, I think these behaviors are not necessarily impeding his quality of life, but they sure are affecting me.
submitted by Psychological_Bug_89
to OCD [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 19:07 xtremexavier15 TSROTI 1 (pt 1)
Episode 01: Bigger! Badder! Brutal-er!
The scene faded into a shot of the Earth from space, an astronaut banging on a small communications satellite in the foreground with a wrench. The satellite had the letters 'TDRI' scrawled on the front in black.
"We've been to the movies," the voice of Chris McLean began as the satellite seemed to whir into function, lights on either end of it glowing green. "We've been around the world!" Just as the astronaut gave the camera thumbs-up, the satellite suddenly failed with a jolt of electricity and broke apart, the astronaut palming the visor of their helmet. "And this season," Chris said as the camera rapidly began to zoom in towards northern Canada, "we're going right back where it all began," the camera past through layers of cloud to reach a beautiful morning sky, then panned down to an all-too-familiar island, "at Camp Wawanakwa!"
Chris McLean was already standing just off-center on the dock, right by the 'Wawanakwa' sign – both of which looked like they'd gone through some heavy wear and tear. "I'm Chris Mclean," the host formally introduced himself, "and as you can see, things have changed since we've been away." He walked down the dock to where a male red-shirted intern of southeast Asian descent waited with a coconut drink on a platter; the right side of the camp's sign fell down as he passed by, taking out a small piece of the dock.
"And by changed," the host said with a darkly expectant smile, "I mean gotten really, really, dangerous!" He took the coconut drink from the intern. As soon as he did so a giant pink tentacle rose from the lake with a terrifying roar, and slammed down on the dock – Chris calmly sidestepped it, but the intern and a sizable chunk of the end of the dock were smashed into the water. "Good stuff," the host laughed.
"But the rules of the game remain the same," he told the camera, the scene changing to a panning shot of one of the cabin rooms, a cockroach scurrying over the lens. The room itself looked about the same as it had three seasons ago – decrepit and old-fashioned, but boringly so. "A handful of unsuspecting teens will bunk with complete strangers," Chris explained during the pan, the shot cutting to a stained piece of male underwear nailed to a wooden door that promptly opened to reveal the old outhouse confessional within, "air their dirty laundry in our outhouse confessional, and compete in life-threatening challenges all over the island," the camera cut to a long-distance shot of the thousand-foot-high-cliff, zooming in on the gleamingly jagged rocks in the water below it, "and risk being voted off," Chris continued as the shot cut to the clearing, firepit, oil drum, and eleven stump-seats used for Campfire Ceremonies of the past.
"Last one standing wins," the shot cut from the elimination area to a still image of a wheelbarrow overflowing with money, "one, million, DOLLARS!" A short, grand, and victorious tune blared as the shot zoomed in on the prize money.
"Speaking of our cast," Chris said back on the Dock of Shame as a cool rock theme began to play, "here they are now!"
The shot cut to a small but luxurious red-striped yacht where the twenty-four contestants of the past three seasons could be seen more-or-less enjoying themselves. Brick and Courtney were making out on the starboard side while Ella, Ezekiel, and Sadie danced nearby, Eva looking away from them. On the stern deck, Mike, Owen, and Sky were dancing and Izzy was hanging upside down swinging life rings with Noah watching with disinterest. On a higher sternward balcony, Dawn was meditating, Beth was reading a book, and Cody and Harold played with video game handhelds. Shawn dropped down on the group unexpectedly from even higher up, startling all four. And at the bow, Heather leaned coolly against the port-side railing and smiled at the camera, Topher was looking at his reflection in a mirror, Jo and Lightning arm-wrestled on the railing next to them, Amy and Rodney were dancing to music that Duncan was setting up on his boombox, and Lindsay sat on the very foremost point of the railing posing.
Chris waved at the yacht as it approached...and kept on going, the music scratching to a halt instead of the ship. "NOOOO!" Owen hollered in surprise in anguish as the boat sailed off-screen, and Chris laughed.
"No, not them," he told the camera as it zoomed back in on him. "This season, we've got all new players, fighting for the million!" he announced as the music turned tense and grandiose. "And here they come now, for real!"
The shot cut to another yacht approaching, similar to the last one but with its stripes a pale teal instead of red. Several teens could be standing along the bow, port-side, upper deck, and stern, and the camera cut to those at the head of the ship – Molly and Dave.
"Meet Molly," Chris said, the girl noticing the boy next to her feeling scared.
"What’s the matter? We’re just going to compete where the show started," Molly assured the boy.
"Dave," Chris continued, and the boy blinked.
"Yeah, but I didn't know that the island would consist of toxic waste," Dave told the girl before breaking out the hand sanitizer and rubbing his hands and arms with it, causing the indie girl to raise an eyebrow.
The camera panned to the right to show the next two campers in line – Scott and Trent.
"Scott! And, Trent!" Chris continued.
"Why are you carrying a guitar around?" Scott asked Trent, who was happily tuning up his guitar.
"So I can practice my songs at camp," Trent smiled at the grumpy boy.
"Max!" Chris announced next, the pale boy in question suddenly and without warning popping up between Scott and Trent with enough force to knock the two to the sides with startled cries. From the evil smile he was sporting to the pale skin, everything about him radiated villainy.
"These compestants have no idea what awaits them when we arrive," Max said, speaking darkly as a dark tune played in the background. "For I am the definition of pure evil!" Max degenerated into laughter as the camera panned away from him, showing Leshawna and Sammy, the next contestants.
"Leshawna," Chris introduced the large girl witnessing Max's introduction.
"That boy is not right in the head," Leshawna shook her head with disapproval.
"Sammy," Chris introduced the nervous cheerleader.
"He is a bit free-spirited," Sammy said timidly while holding her left arm.
The camera panned right again to show B. He snapped his fingers for the audience.
"B," Chris finally introduced, "and Scarlett," he added, the camera panning further right to show the girl next to B reading a book.
"You seem confident to be here," Scarlett said dryly without taking her eyes off her book. "Do you know about the substance of toxic waste and radiation?" B nodded in agreement, impressing Scarlett. "That's good to know."
"Katie," Chris continued as the scene cut to a spot further down the yacht, showing the girl holding her tablet.
"Just in," Katie waved pleasantly at the camera. "I'm about to be competing for a million dollars, I-"
As she spoke the camera panned away to Anne Maria spraying her hair.
"Anne Maria," Chris introduced.
"Oh yeah!" Anne Maria looked at the camera. "Three more coats oughta do it."
She was interrupted when Katie walked back into the shot. "Not to be rude," she looked at the camera, "but you panned away before I could finish my introduction."
"Sorry, viral," Anne Maria smirked. "The camera just loves me more."
"Geoff," Chris introduced next as he dashed onto the scene, putting himself next to the two girls.
"Okay, girls," Geoff said in what was a chill tone, "let's not get off on the wrong foot. You'll get more camera time after we're all introduced."
Anne Maria proceeded to spray her hair again, the cloud causing Geoff and Katie to cough profusely.
"Sierra," Chris introduced next, the camera panning up to the girl standing on the upper balcony.
She was hurriedly typing into her phone. "I can't wait to step foot on Camp Wawanakwa and talk about it on my blog!" Sierra said, looking around in amazement until a small flock of pigeons flew past and knocked her over the railing with a scream.
"And DJ," Chris finished as Sierra landed next to the fourteenth and final competitor of the season.
DJ looked down as Sierra landed and gasped. "Oh snap! Let me help you up!" DJ quickly bent down and helped Sierra up. "There you go."
"Yup!" Chris said as the shot cut back to him on the Dock of Shame. "It's our roughest, toughest, most explosive season ever!" He took out a remote control, and pressed the large central button with his thumb.
The yacht that the new contestants were sailing in on suddenly exploded, sending all fourteen of them flying and screaming in every direction.
Chris took a casual sip of his coconut drink, then looked at the camera and raised a finger high. "Right here," he said as a faint version of the series' capstone theme played, "on Total! Drama! Revenge of the Island!" The shot jumped outward as the title was said, showing Wawanakwa island in its entirety with a few plumes of smoke in the distance marking where the yacht had exploded.
(Fade to Opening Theme)
[The sequence begins much as it did three seasons ago, with an open into letterbox format as the camera focuses on the tops of a few distant pine trees. A rusty stage light rotates up and turns on; then the shot changes to a cobwebby spotlight swinging down and turning on as well; then a small security camera popping out of one of several leaky toxic waste barrels; then another camera bursting out of a tree hollow, held by an octopus tentacle and dislodging a few bones; then a pair of fair-skinned arms clapping a film slate in front of the camera which switches to a shot of the island, briefly showing a giant octopus looking out of the lake to the right, then flying forward down the dock and past the buildings, passing under a totem pole that Chris was sitting on and which was being carried by a trio of male interns of mismatched heights.]
Dear Mom and Dad, I'm doin' fine;
[The camera rapidly flies through the trees as the lyrics begin, quickly reaching the top of the thousand-foot-high cliff.]
You guys are on my mind!
[It looks down at the ring of buoys in the water below and dives, immediately cutting to an underwater view as the bubbles disperse to reveal Sammy gagging with several vicious-looking fish watching her hungrily until a claw-like machine grabbed her and pulled her up to the surface.]
You asked me what I wanted to be,
And now I think the answer is plain to see!
[Up in a canoe, B tinkered with the machine, and looked up as it pulled Sammy out of the water and into the sky.]
I wanna be...famous!
[The scene lingers on Sammy in front of the sun for a moment, then quick-pans left to Katie in the middle of the woods posing as she is filming herself; a falling Sammy abruptly hits her on the back and knocks both to the ground. Katie lifts her head to look at the cheerleader, who just smiles bashfully. Geoff runs past them as the camera pans left to Sierra sitting on a tree branch and texting on her phone. Gophers suddenly pop up from the ground and roar, causing Sierra to flee.]
I wanna live close to the sun!
[At the top of a waterfall, Molly and Trent float downriver in a canoe. Trent was playing a song on his guitar, to which Molly was vibing to until she finally spotted the waterfall. Both screamed as they went over the edge.]
Well pack your bags, 'cause I've already won!
[The camera pans down to DJ, balancing a log on his finger. Though he does not see the canoe falling behind him, he does see Molly and Trent as they fall right on top of him, breaking the log he was holding onto and sending all three into the water.]
Everythin' to prove, nothin' in my way;
[Scott is laughing at the three's misfortune, and a monstrous shark with arms and legs bursts out of the outhouse with a toothy grin, making Scott run away.]
I'll get there one day.
[The camera pans to the Mess Lodge, Chef Hatchet's silhouette visible in the window. Zooming in to the room shows him stirring a pot of some greenish slop with a dark grin, and the shot pans over to show Max cackling wickedly until Chef shoves a spoon full of slop into his mouth.]
'Cause I wanna be...famous!
[Another pan to the left reveals Anne Maria spraying her hair. Once she realized she was being recorded, she glared at the camera and sprayed it with her can. The spray cloud moves the scene out of the lodge and into the beach, where Scarlett is calmly reading her book – until a hawk flew right in just to snag it and flew away, much to Scarlett's unamusement.]
(Na-na nanananaa, nanana-nanaa, na-nananananaa)
[The camera pans away from Scarlett and on to Dave applying hand sanitizer. A furry hand taps him on the shoulder, distracting the germaphobe and allowing the arm to snatch away the sanitizer. Dave realizes what's happened, and rushes angrily at the large hairy ape-man now using the hand sanitizer.]
I wanna be! I wanna be! I wanna be famous! (Na-na nanananaa, nanana-nanaa, na-nananananaa)
[The camera pans down to the end of the dock to show Leshawna, blowing a kiss before taking a few steps back. She busts out a few dance moves of her own.]
I wanna be! I wanna be! I wanna be famous! (Na-na nanananaa, nanana-nanaa, na-nananananaa)
[A sudden splash of water comes down on the sista, interrupting her dancing and causing her to send a frown upward – Chris is hovering above him in a jetpack and helmet, holding an empty bucket. He drops the bucket then flies off, the flames from his jetpack taking over the screen. It becomes night as they peter out, and the camera pans down across the stars and treetops and full moon to Anne Maria and Geoff sitting at a campfire together. As they lean towards each other with expectant smiles they are interrupted and separated by Chef Hatchet, wearing a hazmat suit and holding a glowing green marshmallow between them with a pair of heavy tongs.
The shot zooms out to show the rest of the cast looking shocked, whistling the last few notes of the song – Trent, Leshawna, B, Scott, Dave, and Katie on Anne Maria's side; Max, Sammy, Molly, Scarlett, DJ, and Sierra on Geoff's side; and Chris standing next to Chef on Geoff's side as well. The shot continued to zoom out until a signboard was shown marking the presumed entrance to the fire pit; it read 'TOTAL DRAMA REVENGE OF THE ISLAND' in block letters, the third word being the largest and the last word relegated to a board tacked on at the end.]
"AAAAHHH!" Max screamed, the episode fading in to him landing hard on a rock jutting out of the water. "Why must a villainous mastermind suffer like this?" he groaned, pitifully sliding into the water as Anne Maria swam past in the background.
"Chris is so getting a beatdown for this!" Anne Maria said to herself.
Sammy was shown swimming by clinging to a piece of driftwood, then looking to the side at the sound of someone coming up behind her. "Sorry about this!" Trent shouted as he shot past like a torpedo.
The camera followed Trent as he swam past Molly. "There is a thing called open space!" Molly said before continuing her swim.
The shot cut back to Max, now flailing his arms as he struggled not to drown. "Spaz," Scott said as he swam past him.
Max finally sank below the water, but fortunately Scarlett quickly swam over and dived down.
"I pity you, and I also don't want you dead," Scarlett informed as she surfaced, pulling a coughing Max back up with her.
"Get me to land now!" Max demanded.
The camera cut to Geoff. He reached another rock jutting out of the water and pulled himself up onto it. "Okay. How am I gonna get myself to shore?" The party guy then saw a long piece of wood shaped like a surfboard and grabbed it. "I think I know what to do!"
Positioning himself on the rock while laying belly first on the wood, Geoff boosted himself off the rock and rocketed through the water, even managing to get up and maintain himself.
The shot cut to Scarlett helping Max swim to shore, only for a surfing Geoff to unknowingly splash water onto the both of them, causing them to fall under the water.
Leshawna sputtered as she sank and struggled to stay afloat. "I don't think I can stay up for much longer!"
"I'm on it!" DJ and Katie said, appearing out of nowhere and swimming to the girl.
"Oops. You can go first. Sorry if I interrupted," Katie apologized.
"No no. You can go instead. I think it was the other way around," DJ offered.
"Well, I mean, if you insist," Katie chuckled until the hand of Leshawna held onto Katie's head for support, dragging her down.
DJ panicked. "Hang on! I'm coming!" He dived down and got both Leshawna and Katie, the former spitting out water.
"If we weren't in water right now, I'd be tweeting about you saving me," Katie commented.
"So this is my first confessional," DJ opened while looking around the outhouse confessional. "I've watched the first season, and this is where the contestants come in to talk about their feelings or strategy or whatnot."
"We're all newcomers here, so if I see anyone struggling, I'll be there to help them out," he continued with a smile before frowning. "Right after I get used to this island first."
"Hello," Katie said in the next confessional to her tablet. "This is the first time I am in the Total Drama confessional. It's a little disgusting, but that's for another time!" She continued with her perky smile and put her tablet away. "I came onto this show in order to promote my vlogging expertise and gain more followers. I'm a bit of an advice guru, so don't be surprised if I have a solution for some sticky situations." She laughed blissfully. "That was so alliterative!"
The footage resumed with a rather wet Trent on shore. He looked around, then cheered in victory. "Yes! I'm first!" he cheered. "And my guitar is in one piece-"
His face dropped as he looked to his left, and the camera panned to show Sierra fixing her wet hair.
"How did you get here before us?" Trent asked.
"I practiced swimming back home in case we have a beach episode," Sierra explained happily.
Dave was the next to come to shore, crawling out of the water. "I'm here!" he panted before falling on his face.
Dave squirted hand sanitizer on his hands, and set his pocket-sized bottle aside on the seat, beginning to rub his hands together to spread the cleaning product. "How did I not read my contract fully? I never would've signed up if I had known how unclean the environment was gonna be."
B and Max were the next to make it to dry land, the quiet genius dragging the super villain up the beach on his head with the super villain coughing out water.
"I do not like yachts, so it was very enjoyable to have it be destroyed," Max grinned. "I just wish it was me who blew the yacht up instead of being on the receiving end like those other fools," he complained briefly.
"I guarantee you, everybody will be frightened by my abnormally large brain and my super advanced hearing. No one has ever, ever been able to sneak up on me!" he declared confidently just as an orange butterfly flew over him. It landed on his head...and with a sickening bone-crunch, Max started to tilt over. "Begone, brutal butterfly!" he cried in pain, falling over onto the seat under the butterfly's weight.
The footage cut back to the beach, showing Trent, Sierra, Dave, B, and Max loitering around a large rock further up the beach and revealing that Scott, Scarlett, Anne Maria, Sammy, Molly, Leshawna, Katie, and DJ had all made it to shore as well.
"This is preposterous!" Max ranted, pouring water out of his shoe. "I am not to be treated with disrespect! Chris will rue the day he met Max Mayhem!"
Molly was sitting next to Max and listening without a care. "Is your last name actually Mayhem? If it's not, I'd respect you for creating your own nickname."
Max was about to answer, but a wave and a dramatic riff signaled that another person had washed up.
It was Geoff, who coughed out a small fish.
"I wiped out for a while," Geoff confessed. "I’m more into parties and having a good time. As long as I get along with everyone and not be harsh, I can last up to the tenth or eleventh episode."
"I can't believe we were blown up before we even got on the island," Sammy said, Katie sitting near her. "I've been watching Total Drama for a while, and I can't even tell what's going to happen next," she looked at the girl.
"It's not your fault. None of us can look into the future," Katie told her before looking at her tablet. "Katchy Katie here, and so far, the island is looking pretty bland," she told her viewers.
"Katchy Katie?" Sammy wondered. "What's that about?"
"That's just my vlog name," Katie explained. "I usually record what's going on in my life so I can tell my viewers what to do and not what to do."
"Could you send me a link to your vlog?" Sammy asked the influencer. "It sounds interesting."
Katie gave a slip of paper with her name on it to Sammy. "Here you go. It's best to always keep track of what you see and know on paper so you won't forget in the future."
"Attention, fresh meat!" Chris announced, the shot cutting to a pair of loudspeakers on a tree nearby, then panning down and right to show that all fourteen campers were now waiting around on the rocky beach. "See that trail leading into the forest?" the host continued, the camera following the contestants' gazes right as they looked at where the beach, trees, and rocks met. "Race to the end of the trail," Chris commanded, "and do not disturb the wildlife! That would be bad."
"Does he seriously think that will frighten us?" Scarlett blew him off.
"The tiniest sound can set them off," Chris continued. "Liiike...THIS!" He blew an airhorn over the intercom, forcing all fourteen campers to cover their ears.
The camera panned over to the distant treetops on the left, the airhorn fading in to a loud, terrifying roar that startled a flock of birds to flight. The music became tense as one tree was knocked over, then another closer to the beach. Finally, the cast screamed and fled into the woods.
A clock wipe transitioned the footage ahead to an adorable little purplish bird singing on a branch...until a frog-like tongue snapped out of a hollow behind it and dragged the bird into darkness.
The camera panned down to a finish line, just as Geoff and DJ ran past it with the brickhouse in the lead. "Alright! First place!" DJ turned to the party guy. "Don't worry. Second's not that bad."
"I know," Geoff smiled. "I don't get why people are worked up over it though."
It was then that Chris rode up on a red ATV, his usual smile on his face. "Party Time, two steps left. You're on Team A," he directed, Geoff nodding happily and walking a few steps back towards the finish line. "Big Friendly Giant? Move right. You're on Team B," he told DJ, directing him to the right; he complied just as Scott crossed the finish line, skidding to a stop next to Geoff.
"Pit Sniffer," the host told him, "you're on Team A." Molly slid in next. "Free Spirit, Team B," Chris told her.
"Alright then," Molly said with a smile and ran off to the right. B stopped running and came to a halt.
"Silent Treatment, Team A," Chris told him, causing him to give his signature greeting to Geoff and Scott before Trent arrived. "Guitar Hero, Team B," Chris told him.
"Okay!" Trent went to his designated team.
Sammy and Katie arrived next, the nervous cheerleader bending over to catch her breath and the influencer clutching her chest. "Sour Sport. Team A. Perky Influencer. Team B," Chris said.
"I'm not that bad," Sammy mumbled while Katie ran to her team.
"Blogspot, Team A," Chris continued over a shot of Sierra running and stopping at her team. Dave arrived next. "Germ Avoider, Team B."
The camera zoomed out a little ways from Team A just as Leshawna ran up, panting and out of breath.
"Loud and Proud, Team A," Chris said. "Tan in a Can, Team B," Chris continued as Anne Maria arrived, walking rather than running.
"I'm… so… tired!" Max moaned while dragging himself through the floor.
"Maniacal Max, Team A," Chris directed. As Max joined his teammates they all looked back towards the finish line, with Scarlett simply walking to the finish.
"Aaand Quiet Genius, Team B," Chris finished with a smile.
"What was that thing in the forest?" Sierra said, trudging past her teammates.
"I'm pretty sure that cry does not sound like any normal animal," Trent added.
"Relax, it'll all make sense eventually," Chris explained, his impish smile quickly degenerating into long, evil laughter that caused the two teams to stare at him and look at each other in awkward, nervous confusion.
Chris finally stopped laughing, and wiped a tear from his eye. "Now, this season of Total Drama will be a little bit different," he explained. "For example, in every episode, someone will be eliminated."
The campers gasped, and an ominous chant played in the background. "It's never been that hard before," Sammy remarked in shock.
"I know," Chris told her with a smug grin, "I'm good. But since you're all first-timers, I'm gonna cut you a break and hide this bad boy somewhere in the campgrounds." He held up what appeared to be a small wooden carving of his head, and the shot cut in for a close-up. "A genu-ine McLean Brand Chris Head! Your free ticket back into the game!" The small carving was shown against a radiant white and blue background, an angelic chorus playing as images of Chef Hatchet dressed in a lavender leotard and tutu, angel wings, and a halo flew into the corners of the screen while holding harps and singing.
"Even if your teammates vote you off," he added as B and Geoff were shown staring with wide eyes. "Whoever finds it," Chris continued over a shot of DJ, Dave, Scarlett, and Molly also watching with wide eyes, "will become the most powerful player in Total Drama history!" Both Sierra and Max were shown smiling in awe.
The angelic chorus ended as Chris brought the statue in for a closer look. "Is the cleft on my chin really that big?" he asked in concern.
"Yep, and it looks like a butt," Scott answered, earning an annoyed glare from the host.
"Moving on," Chris said forcefully, "time for the team names!"
"I hope the names won't be stupid!" Molly immediately said. "I don't want to be defined by a name like the Silly Bunnies?"
"You got that right Molly," Chris told her, "The names have been chosen by moi. Team A, you shall henceforth be known as, the Toxic Rats!" A short but energetic riff played as the screen switched to a green, red, and yellow starburst-patterned background, a green logo spinning up to the front. It bore the image of a six-limbed rat standing up on its hindlegs and bearing its teeth menacingly.
The Toxic Rats stared blankly for a moment before Max laughed and said "How evil!"
"And Team B," Chris continued, turning his head to the other six, "you are hereby dubbed, the Mutant Maggots!" A different energetic theme played as a teal, yellow, and orange sunburst-patterned background took over the screen, and a red logo spun up to the front. This one depicted the head of a three-eyed maggot, its mouth frozen in a gaping hiss.
The Mutant Maggots stared blankly for a second as well. "What's with all the chemical waste references?" Dave asked.
The perspective switched to a group shot as another loud roar shook the area. "It's the monster!" Anne Maria shouted in terror, making the others look around in shock.
The shot cut to some distant trees, a flock of birds flying away as one fell, then the camera panned to the right as another closer tree fell. Dave, DJ, and Katie gasped in fear, the brickhouse quickly grabbing the influencer's arm for comfort, and the camera zoomed in on a bush in front of the last fallen tree.
A small hairless squirrel with big yellow eyes jumped out and looked around.
"So we panicked over a small squirrel?" Scarlett said in disbelief.
"Aww, it's kinda cute!" DJ gushed...until it blinked sideways, and he cringed audibly.
"What happened to it?" Katie asked from off-screen as the squirrel happily blinked and looked around some more.
"While we were gone," Chris explained, "I rented the island out to a nice family-oriented biohazardous waste disposal company." As he spoke, the camera cut to a pile of oil barrels stashed in and around a tree. All of the barrels had a hazard sign on them, and most were leaking some sort of foul bubbling green liquid. "Sweet people," the host remarked.
"But," he added as the focus cut back to him on his ATV, "the waste is having a teensy bit of an impact on the flora and fauna." The hairless squirrel was shown again, blinking as a monarch butterfly flew close to it. It snapped out its tongue like a frog, and swallowed the butterfly up.
"This may be odd, but that squirrel is cool!" Geoff said with a grin as Max and Sammy gave him odd looks.
"You know," Leshawna said, cautiously approaching it with a smile on her face, "it looks weird but I'm sure it's perfectly harmless! Am I right?" She reached out to pet it, and it roared the same deep and terrifying roar that had scared them all earlier, then shot lightning from its eyes at the ground Leshawna was standing on. Leshawna screamed and ran away, and the squirrel blew her a raspberry before hopping back into the bush.
Chris was laughing hysterically as the shot cut to Leshawna jumping into the arms of a surprised Geoff in fear. The camera cut back to Chris as he stopped laughing, then in an elated and dramatic tone said "Most. Danger. Ev-er~!" as an equally sharp and dramatic tune played.
"That guy is some kind of crazy," Leshawna confessed to the outhouse camera in outrage. "Adding toxic waste to the island? That's gotta be a criminal offense if it endangers us."
"Now," Chris said with a wide smile as the scene cut back to him once again, "before we start our very first challenge of the season, let's give out some rewards. DJ," he turned to the left, "because you made it up here before anyone else, your team gets a trampoline!" A grand tune played as the shot cut to a close-up of the trampoline, and moments later Chef Hatchet bounced down upon it. "And the Rats, get a hacksaw," Chris added, the shot cutting upwards to show his glowering assistant holding the tool in question.
Chef suddenly lost his balance and fell with a crash; Max laughed and had the hacksaw thrown at his head for it; and Scarlett silently laughed too, and in turn got crushed by the trampoline that was thrown at her, making her groan in pain.
"What do these items have to do with this bomb?" Chris asked, holding up a square of plastic explosives with a wireless timed detonator attached to it.
"Uhh, he's not gonna blow us up again, is he?" Trent nervously asked an equally nervous Scarlett.
"Who knows," Chris said with a sly smile, leaning in between the two with the bomb. "Find out when we come back!"
(Fade to Commercial)
submitted by xtremexavier15
to u/xtremexavier15 [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 18:08 bathroom17531 From Functionality To Aesthetics: Finding The Best Bathroom Dispensers
Imagine this: You're rushing to get ready for work, and you realize you're out of soap. You frantically search through your cabinets, but all you find are empty bottles. Sound familiar? That's why bathroom dispensers are so important. They provide an easy and convenient way to access all your favorite liquids, from hand soap to lotion and more. At Best Vintage Bathroom, we understand the importance of having a well-stocked bathroom, which is why we offer a wide selection of top-quality dispensers from the best brands on the market.
- Best Overall: Simplehuman 9 oz. Sensor Pump
- Best Budget: OXO Good Grips Soap Dispenser
- Best Vintage: JASAI 18 oz. Clear Glass Soap Dispenser
- Best Wall-Mounted: Jarmazing Products Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
- Best Pump: InterDesign Formbu Bamboo Soap Dispenser
- Consider the Dispenser Type: Determine the specific type of dispenser you need, whether it's for soap, lotion, tissues, or other bathroom essentials. Each type may have different features and functionality, so choose accordingly.
- Quality and Durability: Look for bathroom dispensers made from high-quality materials that are built to last. Consider materials like stainless steel, ceramic, or glass, which offer durability and a stylish appearance.
- Refilling and Maintenance: Check how easy it is to refill and maintain the dispenser. Look for options with wide openings or easy-to-use mechanisms that allow for hassle-free refilling. Additionally, consider the cleaning requirements and choose dispensers that are easy to clean and maintain.
- Design and Aesthetics: Consider the design and aesthetics of the dispenser to ensure it complements your bathroom decor. Whether you prefer a vintage-inspired look or a modern style, choose a dispenser that enhances the overall ambiance of your bathroom.
- Customer Reviews and Ratings: Read customer reviews and ratings to gain insights into the performance and reliability of the dispenser. Look for products with positive feedback and high ratings to ensure you're making a reliable and satisfactory purchase.
- Price and Value: Compare prices from different sellers or brands to find a balance between quality and affordability. While it's important to consider your budget, also weigh the value and features offered by the dispenser to make an informed decision.
Read More: best bathroom dispensers
submitted by bathroom17531
to u/bathroom17531 [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 16:56 endersgame69 Kayobi's Days Off C11
Getting up early is just… it’s not my favorite thing unless there’s a marathon series I want to stream, which is not that common. But in order to remain a NEET I had to put in a little work.
The thing about being a Painter is that when you’re really good at what you do, not only is it not work, it’s not… oh forget it. Look, the point is that you wouldn’t believe how hard it is to get to these tin pot twits on backwater worlds when you’ve got a gift for doing it. Celia wasn’t the first one to want my help. I’m actually one of the best in the agency when it comes to my job.
So good that I don’t ever have to get out of bed early to do it, if you catch my meaning.
This, though? This was a new experience. I got up bright and early, ten minutes before it was time to open, hopped into an icy cold shower, then grabbed my breakfast… a bag of puffy cheese chip things with some generic brand name on it and after throwing on my clothes, I headed out.
I got there exactly one minute before opening, it was a nice little place, glass double doors with a metal fencing thingamajig across the front. The lights within came on as the motion detector worked.
I reached for my pocket and realized… ’Right… the key. I s’pose I need that…’ I thought and rolled my eyes at myself, I gave a quick look around. The street was empty for the moment, but that wouldn’t last. [teleport t’ropelet Kayobi Taida evif spets drawrof] and then I was in. “Next time, I’ll remember the key.” I promised, then turned around and flipped the latch securing the cage thingy and lifted it up, then undid then turned the lock for the double doors with a click and went behind the register.
It was kind of an old model. Like the sort I saw on old anime t.v. shows. ‘I guess she wasn’t kidding about barely getting by… but this place is an institution… she should be doing better, right?’ I thought.
Most people in this area shopped here because it had everything you needed for basic apartment life. Small packages of dish soap, individually wrapped things of laundry detergent for when you couldn’t afford a full box. School supplies for the kids and even emergency sewing kits for adults on the go who realized they needed to patch something at a moment’s notice.
The floor was clean, and so were the little meal stations surrounded by melon corn chips, fresh bento boxes, and a fridge full of various forms of tea, among other things. The well lit store was so neat and well organized that one could find virtually anything necessary within moments.
I heard the entry bell ding as the doors slid open, “Hi, welcome to Toriyama’s.” I didn’t know if she had a specialized greeting or something, but I figured the shop name would do.
I wore a bright, cheery smile on my face and even went so far as to wave at the customers… but my brow furrowed almost immediately.
They were well dressed men, far too well dressed for this neighborhood, and they wore shaded glasses despite the fact that it was broad daylight. Their black suits had a marvelous sheen to them and the way they looked around with such… sneering disdain, you know the look. When the head tilts back and they’re looking down their noses at everything, like they can’t believe anybody lives like… well… however.
“See. I told you they’d be open.” The larger of the pair said and approached, while his companion only grunted in acknowledgment and approached the register.
“You’re not Suki.” The leader of the pair said as he looked down at me, they were considerably larger than I, and I searched for a reference to try to pick them out…
“No. I’m Kayobi Taida. Can I help you find something?” I tilted my head and smiled broadly, “There’s a special on bento boxes today… just like every day for the last five years. And they are delicious.”
“Where’s Suki?” The same behemoth asked, he had a gruff sort of voice, it was ‘meant’ to be threatening. “She has a payment for us.”
“She’s in poor health right now, so I’m filling in. Now, can I help you with something, if not, and if you’re not buying, then I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to leave.” I answered him, and he held out one hand with his palm upturned.
“She has a payment for us, check the register.” He curled his fingers inward in that ‘gimmie gimmie’ gesture.
“I didn’t know the bank came by to collect payments.” I replied. I had cut her off before she could explain something the other day… then I’d put her to sleep… ‘This must be what she was talking about.’
“We ain’t no bank.” He answered, “You got something there that belongs to us.”
“I’m afraid I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ll have to ask you to leave.” I answered him firmly, “If you don’t, I’ll have to call the police.”
He grunted and glanced toward his companion, “For what?” He asked, “We’re just shopping.”
I kept my hand behind my back so they’d miss the flashes of light.
“Public indecency, I realize I’m a foreigner, and I probably don’t have all the nuances of Japanese culture down, but I’m pretty sure you’re not allowed to go shopping in public without any pants or underwear on.” I rose up on my tiptoes and looked down.
The confusion I caught on their faces was followed by mimicking my downward look, and the two stepped back immediately in utter shock.
“Wghuah?! My- How- what…?!” The mix of words came not from one, but both at once.
“I don’t know if she’s doing laundry for you or what, I’ll have to ask her when I see her. But if you come here again without being properly dressed I won’t wait to call the police.” I snapped and pointed toward the door.
I smirked a little as I watched them scramble away, knocking over a display stand of gummy snacks that clanged to the floor and scattered all over the place, the packages sliding in every direction while the pair of thugs rushed for the exit in confusion and shame, trying to cover both front and back at once as they rushed for whatever car they drove this way.
One thing I will say for this particular world and this particular country in it, they have a very well defined sense of modesty. I snorted, then started to laugh as I watched a car speed past. “I’ll have to ask Jin… no… Suki. I’ll have to ask Suki about that, later.” I said to myself and made a mental note.
Then I had to wonder… ‘No… maybe I should ask Jin, I wonder… could that have anything to do with his ‘incident’ with the three idiots?’
I’d probably have to talk to him afterward, but in the meantime? I opened the register and found, true to their word, a white envelope. I opened the back and looked inside… money. Cash. Lots of it.
I furrowed my brow. ‘Yakuza?’ I thought, some kind of a loan shark thing, maybe? Or… protection?
‘No… no I won’t be asking Suki… I have a better idea.’ As I thought, a wonderful, vicious, wicked idea came to mind.
Their pants appeared in my hand and I’d dropped them promptly to the floor at my feet, meaning in all probability, I had their wallets. Which meant I’d have their names, addresses, and everything I’d need to…
Have a little fun, after my workday is done.
submitted by endersgame69
to TheWorldMaker [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 16:08 SuiGe_138 Life Tip: The most effective way to remove yellowing from shoe edges
Targeted treatment based on the yellowing of shoes：
1.After washing shoes, they turn yellow. If the shoes turn yellow after washing, it is because the soapy water or laundry detergent inside the shoes have not been thoroughly washed. After the sun evaporates the water, the concentration of soapy water and laundry detergent increases, causing the shoes to turn yellow and hard.
2.The edges and soles of the shoes turn yellow due to oxidation. If the rubber soles or other rubber materials of the shoes turn yellow, it is because the shoes undergo oxidation reactions in contact with air and water.
Suggestion for oxidation and yellowing: Use auxiliary product Huabenli reduction, you can easily operate it yourself. It is a new type of antioxidant product with immediate effects and durability.
Suggestion for yellowing after washing shoes: Thoroughly clean the yellowed area with a neutral detergent. Then wrap the shoes in a white towel or tissue and let them dry to avoid exposure to sunlight.
submitted by SuiGe_138
to RepFashionclothing [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 15:42 Vloxalion [USA-PA] [H] 12400 based complete pc w/peripherals & accessories & spares [W] Local Cash
"Bump" of previous post last week. All have been unused/untouched since March 1st, just sitting there or in boxes, except the monitor. $650
for everything (list 1
and list 2
). Not parting out
due to payment method precluding shipping. TL;DR
quick overview of all parts
one i5-12400 w/stock cooler, 1 downdraft cooler, 3 120mm tower coolers
two B660m ddr4 motherboards, one win10pro key, and one anti-bending lga 1700 bracket
two kits 3200c16 ddr4, one 2x8gb singlerank other 2x16gb dualrank
one RX460 4gb gpu
two nvme m.2 drives; 500gb sn770, 2tb 970 evo plus
two cases, one matx nr200 clone, other atx lancool 216 and 5pack of arctic p12 pwm fans
two psu, one sfx 600w platinum (w/ 1 cable extension), other atx (300)w F-tier
one 24'' 1920x1200 60hz monitor with a desk clamp arm
cheap mouse and keyboard(keyboard w/RGB!!!....sry)
one set entry level professional speakers and an old sound card
webcam, xbox360 controller, microphone
Local cash only,
no paypal(don't have one), quakertown-doylestown area in bucks county. Timestamps
/scent free household, and do not eat near computer area. The second hand items from the 12400 guy exude much less fragrance compared to when they were obtained (assuming his household laundry detergent or similar had fragrance as the source), and I doubt you'd sense it if your own living arrangements have any sort of scented items. They come with all original cables, boxes, manuals, etc I still have. If you want more information about anything, feel free to ask and it will be added. Selling because old 2010 pc with phenom ii x3, gtx460, and 8gb is sufficient for my use case, try for modern hardware again some other time.
|Part Name ||Detailed Comments/Condiiton ||Currently/Personally Valued at x 1 month ago |
| || || |
| ||CPU || |
| || || |
|i5-12400 ||2nd hand. H0 stepping, not the more power hungry C0 (C0 is a partially disabled 8core die), and is AVX-512 capable going by the production date(did not verify; see motherboard notes). small blemish/ding(?) from previous owner's cooler on ihs, but can't tell if it was permanent indent or rubbed off hard bit of dried paste. includes box and cooler. ||140/140 |
| || || |
| ||Coolers || |
| || || |
|unknown 6 heatpipe thermalright cooler - possibly the burst assassin non-argb model without fan ||2nd hand from the 12400 guy. tower only. has blemish/nick on contact surface. his laundry detergent had fragrance, so i couldn't use it. he also didn't clean the paste off and shipped it in a ziplock bag. i cleaned it as well as i could and replaced the bag. ||15?/10 |
|noctua s12b redux 1200rpm ||2nd hand from the 12400 guy. same scent problem. can't remember testing it. ||10?/5 |
|arctic alpine 17 co ||BNIB, but box looks beat up ||13/8 |
|id cooling se-224-xt-basic ||used to cool a 3800X for a few months before the faulty mobo went kaput and sold the other parts of it. no 1700 mounting hardware because it was produced before alder lake. the win10pro key from the msi pro mobo is written on a slip of paper tucked inside the instruction manual. ||25?/15 |
|Thermalright Assassin X 120 refined SE ||mounted 90 degrees clockwise for bottom-to-top airflow in sama case ||20/15 |
| || || |
| ||Motherboards || |
| || || |
|msi b660m mortar wifi ddr4 ||mobo vrms have coil whine crackle-hum using turbo boost, most likely related to powerstate/frequency switching (disappears when fully loaded or not doing anything) or concurrent with putting load on the integrated graphics, tried a whole bunch of bios settings to stop it, C1E enabled reduces it. integrated graphics culprit unverified due to case and difficulty with it; haven't tested a discrete card to eliminate igpu cause. latest bios(v19) at the time is flashed, need earlier bios version for avx512 capability, tried to get that instruction set working but found out it involves tainting my kernel and i don't use windows but if you do, the only os-side step is to move the specific intel microcode file out of system32. replaced the ilm with the thermalright one. includes right angle usb3 header adapter. ||100/100 |
|msi b660m a pro ddr4 wifi ||2nd hand from 12400 guy. has smudge on backside near cpu bracket from alcohol solubility test on the paint; backside is alcohol soluble. has same scent as others from him. he did a bad paste job on cpu area and shipped it that way, i cleaned it up (no socket pins got paste on them thankfully because he didn't remove cpu from the board) tested and it works. comes with windows 10 pro key. the m.2 wifi card was worked, but putting it back in this board... i didn't have enough finger dexterity. one of the contact n!pp!es is bent, needs to be bent back. can't get it back out to do that, stuck. includes piece of factory glue that goes between the contacts and holds the leads in place. treat as non wifi version with potential bonus for trying hard enough. anti static bag on one side MAY have trace of urushiol due to being blown away when airing out onto a patch of cracked concrete where two weeks previously had been a sprout which had been disposed of then the area alcohol-doused then two rainstorms. includes right angle usb3 header adapter. ||80/70 |
|thermalright 1700 anti-bending ilm silver ||comes with thermal paste(used once) and original ilm of the mortar mobo ||9/8 |
| || || |
| ||RAM || |
| || || |
|teamgroup 2x8gb 3200 c16 ||2nd hand from 12400 guy, works, had somehow strongest scent of them all. ||32//25 |
|timetec 2x16gb 3200 c16 ||dual rank with hynix 8gigabit jjr ic's (lower binned cjr) remember to lock in the voltage to safe level for that ic instead of auto. partially manually overclocked, enabled xmp then increase to gear1 3466mt/s (what i can tell, max speed with the locked vcssa without loosening timings) and the few timings changed are: command rate to real 1N; did not test tighter than tRRD to 6, tRRD_L to 6, and tFAW to 24; tREFI should be able to be higher than 24960 but didn't test; tRFC has errors at 460, can't remember what 480's result was, and 500 is stable. stressapptest for an hour after each change made, no errors. may go tighter, less than 10 attempts worth of tweaking. ||70/65 |
| || || |
| ||Storage || |
| || || |
|western digital sn770 500gb ||2nd hand from the 12400 guy, but didn't notice scent(was under heatsink). has been secure erased. smart data said 2.4tbw. ||30/25 |
|samsung 970 evo plus 2tb ||2nd hand from best buy geek squad refurbished. smart data indicated literal open box condition. has been secure erased. smart data says 3.28tbw. ||98/80 |
| || || |
| ||GPU || |
| || || |
|xfx rx460 4gb ||2nd hand from a miner in 2021. was dirty but cleaned it, had mining bios, and the standard bios or other custom bios don't seem stable, but it works with a rx560 bios i modded to rx550 clocks. thought i saw something spherically, iridescently marbled green-yellowgreen falling from it when putting it back together after cleaning but couldn't find the drop or where it may have dropped from, capacitors look ok. single fan version. has annoying blue led. requires 6-pin pcie power even though it draws less than 75w. ||45/35 |
| || || |
| ||Cases || |
| || || |
|sama im01 ||hohboy, man oh man, this case.... removing the front panel carefully according to the manual causes the top clips to break(so that's why it includes two spares), and is difficult to work in even though all sides but the back come off. can't put a discrete gpu in because it can't go into the slot all the way; something about the mobo tray being depressed or pci slot design prevents it. front left usb3.0 defective (blips then doesn't work) but the right one is functional. pci slot magnetic swinging screw cover hinge is a bit bent because the top and bottom packaging foam were switched in factory(foam cutouts did not align). matx mobo prevents bottom from having second fan if not want to risk mobo header bending. ||60/30 |
|lian li lancool 216 black non-rgb model ||opened the box and took out the inner accessory box on top but put it right back because became busy and never got around to using it. did not take out the case. almost literally open box. do not know state of tempered glass but jiggling box does not make broken glass sound. ||100/90 |
|arctic p12 pwm pst 5 pack ||2 used in the sama im01, 3 unused ||30/25 |
| || || |
| ||PSU || |
| || || |
|corsair sf600 platinum ||3 months use. powered the 12400 using integrated graphics, don't think total system power exceeded 150w from the wall. ||110/110 |
|thermaltake tr2 430np ||don't know if it was 2nd hand or not. used to power a windows xp office machine which was bought without one. Don't use more than 350 watts; here is a review of the unit showing why- https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/thermaltake-purepower-430w-np-power-supply-review/ its F-tier but would personally trust it in a system pulling less than 100 or so from the wall. one cable with 20+4-pin motherboard connectors one cable with 6-pin pcie connector one cable with 4-pin 12v connector one cable with 3 molex connectors two cables with 3 molex and 1 floppy connector one cable with 2 sata connectors one molex-to-sata converter ||20/5 |
|cablemod black modflex EPS 4+4 pin 45cm extension ||sf600 needs the extension to reach the mobo receptacle in the sama case ||9/9 |
| || || |
| ||Peripherals/Accessories || |
| || || |
|hp zr24w + ergodepot J2 monitor arm ||60hz, 1920x1200, 24inch. 12 years use. ccfl backlight has been on for ~3.3 years. came with a scratch not noticeable when on most of the time. has smudges from over a decade of use, not trusting myself to clean it without scratching. includes J2 monitor arm (desk clamp), but makes it skew a little. when powered on, it knocks channel 6 out of the airwaves until it is turned off. flickers below 100% brightness. ||50+40?(90?)/50+20(70) |
|tecknet um013 mouse ||awful scroll wheel. defaults to the lower of the two dpi settings every time it loses power; does not save setting. 2 months use. ||6/3 |
|redragon karura k502 rgb keyboard ||2nd hand. works, but did not verify all keys. ||20/8 |
|presonus eris E3.5 studio monitors ||were on my desk for 10 days and powered on at low volume for under an hour, may be low amount of specks of dust, and the speaker wire had been connected, but otherwise is as if you opened up a new one. didn't like the space they took up and preferred my headphones, but B&H would not take these back because i told them i used the included speaker wire. no joke. ||90/80 |
|samson go mic ||2nd hand. works, good shape. usb condenser with omni/-10/cardioid switch and 3.5mm jack. has sticker covering the led to diminish the brightness. ||25/15 |
|xbox 360 wired controller ||didn't use it often, but owned it for a really long time. the left thumbstick has worn down, is low tension, and can drift slightly if off center to the northwest. ||10/4 |
|asus xonar dx ||2nd hand. used for a few months in 2011 but was too close to gpu intake so put it away. ||30/18 |
|logitech c600 webcam ||model V-U0007 ||12/5 |
| || || |
| || || |
|Summary ||first number taken from recent reasonable hardwareswap/ebay sales and amazon(when first two no/little results) and second number what i'd pay for the item in question if I was someone else, based on what is known of the condition. Paid 1300+ for just the parts bought in the last year, so imo this is a super deal if you are in the area. ||Total: 1299/1073 |
submitted by Vloxalion
to hardwareswap [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 14:09 Numerous_Method4590 Best Artificial Grasses for Dog Potty: A Guide to Hassle-Free Pet Care
As dog owners, we understand the importance of providing our furry friends with a safe and comfortable space to do their business. However, maintaining a natural grass lawn can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to dealing with pet waste. That's where artificial grass for dog potty comes to the rescue! In this blog, we will explore the top choices for the best artificial grasses for dog potty
needs, offering convenience, cleanliness, and durability.
- Pet Zen Garden Premium Artificial Grass: Pet Zen Garden is renowned for its high-quality artificial grass products, and their Premium Artificial Grass is no exception. It features a realistic look and feel, with a lush texture that closely mimics natural grass. The turf is designed to drain efficiently, ensuring that pet urine and water quickly flow through the surface. It is also easy to clean, requiring only minimal maintenance. With its non-toxic materials, Pet Zen Garden offers a safe environment for your furry friend.
- SavvyGrow Artificial Grass for Dogs: SavvyGrow's Artificial Grass for Dogs is engineered with pets in mind. It boasts superior drainage capabilities, preventing any unpleasant odours or pooling of liquids. The grass is made from durable materials that can withstand heavy use and remain in excellent condition for an extended period. SavvyGrow's artificial grass is also resistant to fading and discoloration, ensuring a vibrant and attractive lawn all year.
- MTBRO Artificial Grass Rug: If you are searching for an artificial grass option that is both pet-friendly and affordable, look no further than the MTBRO Artificial Grass Rug. This versatile turf is designed with a soft and natural texture, making it comfortable for dogs to walk and play on. It features a rubber-backed design that enhances stability and prevents slipping. The MTBRO Artificial Grass Rug is easy to install and requires minimal maintenance, making it an excellent choice for dog potty areas.
- Goasis Lawn Artificial Turf: Goasis Lawn's artificial turf is an excellent option for dog owners seeking a combination of functionality and aesthetics. This grass is constructed with high-quality polyethylene yarns, providing a realistic appearance and a soft touch. The permeable backing ensures efficient drainage, eliminating the risk of stagnant water or odours. Goasis Lawn's artificial turf is also UV-resistant and highly durable, making it suitable for outdoor use in various weather conditions.
- New 15' Foot Roll Artificial Grass: For those with larger dog potty areas or multiple dogs, the New 15' Foot Roll Artificial Grass offers a convenient solution. This artificial grass is available in a 15-foot roll, allowing you to cover a substantial area with ease. The material is designed to be resistant to fading, staining, and mildew, ensuring a long-lasting and visually appealing dog potty space. The roll format also makes installation straightforward, making it an ideal choice for dog owners looking for convenience.
When it comes to creating a suitable dog potty area, artificial grass offers a plethora of benefits, from easy maintenance to improved cleanliness. The options mentioned above, such as Pet Zen Garden Premium Artificial Grass, SavvyGrow Artificial Grass for Dogs, MTBRO Artificial Grass Rug, Goasis Lawn Artificial Turf, and New 15' Foot Roll Artificial Grass, are among the best choices available on the market. Consider your specific needs, such as size, durability, and drainage capabilities, to select the most suitable artificial grass for your dog's potty area. By investing in high-quality artificial grass, you can create a hassle-free and enjoyable space for your furry friend while maintaining a clean and visually appealing outdoor environment.
submitted by Numerous_Method4590
to u/Numerous_Method4590 [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 13:04 BroMandi 100.5-Oz Arm & Hammer Baby Hypoallergenic Liquid Laundry Detergent $6.65 w/ S&S + Free Shipping w/ Prime or on $25+ [Deal Price: $6.65]
2023.06.02 13:04 BroMandi 100.5-Oz Arm & Hammer Baby Hypoallergenic Liquid Laundry Detergent $6.65 w/ S&S + Free Shipping w/ Prime or on $25+ [Deal Price: $6.65]
2023.06.02 13:02 GreenNapster 100.5-Oz Arm & Hammer Baby Hypoallergenic Liquid Laundry Detergent $6.65 w/ S&S + Free Shipping w/ Prime or on $25+ [Deal Price: $6.65]
2023.06.02 12:48 BroMandi [Amazon] 100.5-Oz Arm & Hammer Baby Hypoallergenic Liquid Laundry Detergent $6.65 w/ S&S + Free Shipping w/ Prime or on $25+ [Deal: $6.65, Actual: $9.98]
2023.06.02 12:42 snkde [Amazon] 100.5-Oz Arm & Hammer Baby Hypoallergenic Liquid Laundry Detergent $6.65 w/ S&S + Free Shipping w/ Prime or on $25+
2023.06.02 08:25 AliveBrilliant2986 Clean Without Shampoo: How to Keep Your Hair Looking Fresh and Healthy
Are you tired of using shampoo filled with harsh chemicals that strip your hair of its natural oils? If so, it might be time to join the "no-poo" movement. No, we're not suggesting you stop washing your hair altogether – but rather try a gentler approach to keeping your locks clean and healthy. In this blog post, we'll explore the ins and outs of going "no-poo", including how to clean your hair without shampoo, the benefits (and potential drawbacks) of this method, and tips for making a smooth transition. Get ready to say goodbye to bad hair days - naturally!
What Is No-Poo?
No-Poo is a term used to describe the practice of washing your hair
without using traditional shampoo. Instead, people who embrace this method use natural ingredients such as baking soda and apple cider vinegar or specialized products that are specifically designed for No-Poo cleansing.
The idea behind No-Poo is to avoid using harsh chemicals found in most commercial shampoos that can strip your hair of its natural oils and cause damage over time. By opting for gentler cleaning methods, you can keep your hair healthy and shiny without compromising its integrity.
While some people may be skeptical about the effectiveness of No-Poo, many have reported positive results. Not only does it help maintain scalp health by keeping oil production under control, but it can also lead to more manageable hair with less frizz and tangles.
Of course, there are challenges associated with going No-Poo - namely the transition period when your scalp adjusts to producing less oil. However, if you're willing to stick with it, the benefits far outweigh any initial drawbacks.
How to Clean Your Hair Without Shampoo
If you're interested in going no-poo, it's important to know how to clean your hair without shampoo. Here are some tips:
- Use baking soda and water: Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with one cup of warm water. Apply the mixture to your scalp and massage it in before rinsing thoroughly.
- Try apple cider vinegar: Dilute two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in one cup of water. Pour the mixture over your hair, focusing on the ends, then rinse with cool water.
- Experiment with dry shampoo: If you don't want to use any liquid products, try a natural dry shampoo like cornstarch or arrowroot powder.
- Consider co-washing: Co-washing involves using conditioner instead of shampoo to cleanse your hair. Look for a silicone-free conditioner that won't leave residue behind.
Remember that everyone's hair is different, so it may take some experimentation to find what works best for you when cleaning without shampoo!
The Benefits of Going No-Poo
Going no-poo, or giving up traditional shampoo in favor of alternative cleansing methods, has numerous benefits for your hair and overall health. Here are just a few:
Firstly, using natural ingredients to clean your hair means you're not exposing yourself to the harsh chemicals found in most shampoos. These chemicals can strip your hair of its natural oils and cause damage over time.
Secondly, going no-poo can lead to healthier hair overall. By avoiding sulfates and other damaging ingredients, you allow your scalp's natural oils to do their job - moisturizing and protecting your strands from root to tip.
Thirdly, when you stop using shampoo regularly, you'll find that your hair becomes less greasy over time as it adjusts to producing less oil. This means fewer washes per week and ultimately less drying out of the scalp.
If you have color-treated hair or suffer from dandruff or other scalp conditions that may be exacerbated by traditional shampoos - no-poo could be a great option for maintaining healthy locks without irritating these issues further.
There are many advantages of going no-poo - leading to better quality locks while also being better for our planet!
Are There Any Disadvantages to No-Poo?
While going no-poo can have numerous benefits for your hair and scalp, it's important to be aware of the potential disadvantages as well.
One possible disadvantage is that it may take some time for your hair to adjust to being washed without shampoo. During this transition period, you may experience oily or greasy hair, dryness, or even an increase in dandruff.
Another potential issue is that some people find that their hair simply doesn't feel as clean when they stop using traditional shampoos. This can be due to the fact that many shampoos contain harsh detergents and chemicals that strip away natural oils along with dirt and grime.
Additionally, depending on which no-poo method you choose (such as using baking soda or apple cider vinegar), there is a risk of overusing these products and causing damage to your hair over time.
If you have color-treated or chemically processed hair, going no-poo may not be suitable for you. Some natural alternatives can strip away color faster than traditional shampoos and cause fading or discoloration.
It's important to consider both the advantages and disadvantages before deciding whether going no-poo is right for you.
How to Transition to No-Poo
Transitioning to a no-poo routine can be intimidating, but it doesn't have to be. Here are some tips on how to make the transition as smooth and easy as possible.
Firstly, start by extending the time between washes. If you normally shampoo every day, try skipping a day and see how your hair feels. Gradually increase the time between washes until you're only washing once or twice a week.
Secondly, consider using baking soda or apple cider vinegar rinse during your transition period. Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with one cup of water and use it as you would shampoo. Rinse well and follow up with an apple cider vinegar rinse (one tablespoon of ACV mixed with one cup of water) to restore pH balance.
Thirdly, invest in high-quality boar bristle brush which helps distribute natural oils throughout your hair while also exfoliating your scalp gently. Brushing regularly will help reduce greasiness over time.
Remember that everyone's hair is different so what works for someone else may not work for you. Be patient and experiment with various techniques until you find what works best for your hair type.
By following these simple steps, transitioning to no-poo should be much easier than expected!
Switching to a no-poo hair care routine may seem daunting at first, but it can be a game-changer for your hair's health and overall appearance. Not only does it eliminate the use of harmful chemicals found in shampoos, but it also allows your scalp to naturally balance its oils and improve the texture of your locks.
By following the steps mentioned above on how to clean your hair without shampoo, you can achieve fresh and healthy-looking tresses while doing what's best for the environment too. However, keep in mind that this transition takes time and patience; don't expect immediate results.
So why not give going no-poo a try? Your wallet - and most importantly- your hair will thank you for making this change.
submitted by AliveBrilliant2986
to u/AliveBrilliant2986 [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 06:35 ui-sonnikak This ISTJ thing has consumed my life
On April 31st, 2023, I decided that I would adopt the ISTJ personality type. When I first started, I was unexpectedly satisfied with the results. I worked six days a week, I detailed my car, I deep cleaned my entire home, and I developed a taste for coffee with less cream and sugar than I had previously preferred.
However, things have taken a turn for the worst. On Wednesday, May 13th, 2023, I had decided that writing out daily to do lists would make me ISTJer. It was an instant addiction. Within exactly a week, I went from one list a day to spending an hour in my car after work before my drive home just writing a list of the lists of the lists I needed to make to bring more order into my life.
Another hour of my day is spent cleaning my car. I have stolen extra shopping bags from a local walmart so that my passengers can put them over their shoes and prevent dirt from getting on my car's floor. I sometimes spend the entire hour with a toothpick, trying to gather the three stubborn crumbs in a corner under my driver's seat that my thinnest vacuum attachment cannot reach.
My room is another story all together. I am using a detail paint brush to clean in every groove of the hardwood flooring. I run my bedding in the washer four times, each with a half cup of liquid detergent, three packets of detergent pods, and two capfuls of scent booster.
The last hour of my day before I go to sleep is spent writing more lists for the next day. Everything that could possibly need to be done will be noted on the list, and I cannot write lists for the next day until the tasks on that day's list are complete.
My daily hours of sleep have dropped to three per day, and I get my energy boosts from eating coffee beans. I can easily eat five bags of coffee beans throughout the day, and have needed to pick up a second job to support the cost of my coffee bean appetite. I now work seven days a week, and my girlfriend resents the idea that I am "putting her aside" to tend to my addictions.
Now I need to figure out how to go back. I was perfectly accustomed to working Monday thru Saturday, but now working on Sundays has completely disrupted my sense of routine and familiarity.
To those that have been through this and made it to the other side, I ask, how did you get out of this?
submitted by ui-sonnikak
to shittyMBTI [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 04:36 Ok_Rhubarb8835 I’m addicted to laundry powder
Awhile ago I got addicted to “eating” laundry powder. I never swallowed it, only had it on my tongue and crunched it in my teeth.
It started because I liked the smell of it, then I fell down a rabbit hole of asmr with sponges and cleaning products. I specifically liked watching the Laundry powder ones. Then I put some laundry powder we had at home in a sandwich bag and nibbled on it because I liked the crunch. Then the bag split and a bit went on my tongue. At first I hated it but eventually I kept doing it more and more.
It got to the point where I would dip my finger in the powder and put it straight onto my tongue, nibble on it a bit, etc. I would always be very safe (ironic I know) and would make sure not to swallow it, would spit it all out every time.
It made me feel ‘clean’ and satisfied whenever I did it.
We ran out of laundry powder (not because of me lol) and my mum decided not to get it anymore because she preferred liquid for about 5 months. I would constantly think about it and even months later still craved it. My mum randomly bought some powder a few days ago. I’ve immediately started doing it again. Not nearly as much because I don’t like the taste of this one as much but still. I had no restraint at all. I’m too embarrassed to tell anyone.
submitted by Ok_Rhubarb8835
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 04:09 deniss_1996 146-Oz Tide Laundry Liquid Detergent (HE Compatible): Original, Ultra Oxi or Free & Gentle $15.95 w/ S&S + Free Shipping w/ Prime or on $25+
submitted by deniss_1996 to amzndeals [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 00:26 BroMandi 146-Oz Tide Laundry Liquid Detergent (HE Compatible): Original, Ultra Oxi or Free & Gentle $15.95 w/ S&S + Free Shipping w/ Prime or on $25+ [Deal Price: $15.95]