Magic johnson aids conspiracy
Bizarre States Podcast
2015.06.22 18:16 ghostfacekillur Bizarre States Podcast
Come and discuss recent episodes of Bizarre States podcast hosted by Jessica Chobot and Andrew Bowser. If you have a terrifying tale, email it to [email protected]
, and don’t forget to keep up with the latest releases and paranormal activity from Bizarre States on Facebook and Twitter. Please note i'm not afflicted with Nerdist or Bizarre States. I know it would be cooler if I was.
2023.06.03 11:36 Neat-Mathematician-8 How did Hubert Humprey not get destroyed in 1968?
2023.06.03 11:29 Neat-Mathematician-8 How did Hubert Humphrey not get destroyed in the 1968 election?
2023.06.03 10:04 ANGRYBOT68 Chronicles of Eternia
Game Title: "Chronicles of Eternia"
Game Concept: "Chronicles of Eternia" is an immersive open-world RPG set in a vast and visually stunning fantasy realm. Players will embark on epic quests, engage in thrilling battles, and forge alliances as they navigate a world brimming with diverse races, powerful clans, and guild houses. With an extensive character customization system, players can choose from multiple races, each with unique traits, and select from a range of classes, allowing for diverse playstyles and character progression.
Races: 1. Humans: Versatile and adaptable, humans excel in a variety of fields, such as combat, magic, and diplomacy. 2. Elves: Agile and attuned to nature, elves possess exceptional archery skills and heightened magical affinity. 3. Dwarves: Resilient and skilled craftsmen, dwarves specialize in mining, forging powerful weapons, and defensive combat. 4. Orcs: Mighty and ferocious, orcs are natural warriors with an affinity for brute strength and close-quarters combat. 5. Merfolk: Graceful and amphibious, merfolk are adept at underwater exploration and possess strong water-based magic abilities. 6. Dragon Kin: Descendants of dragons, dragon kin possess dragon-like traits, such as scales, wings, and enhanced physical abilities. They can harness elemental powers, such as fire, ice, or lightning, depending on their lineage.
Classes: 1. Warrior: Masters of melee combat, warriors are skilled in wielding various weapons and excelling in physical confrontations. 2. Mage: Proficient in arcane arts, mages harness the power of elements and spells to cast devastating magical attacks. 3. Archer: Deadly marksmen, archers excel in long-range combat, employing bows, crossbows, and utilizing tactical precision. 4. Rogue: Masters of stealth and subterfuge, rogues excel in sneaking, lockpicking, and dealing swift, precise strikes. 5. Paladin: Holy knights dedicated to justice, paladins possess healing abilities and excel in both offense and defense. 6. Necromancer: Masters of dark magic, necromancers can summon undead minions and manipulate life force for destructive spells. 7. Engineer: Skilled in technology and machinery, engineers construct deadly gadgets, traps, and ranged weapons. 8. Blacksmith: Experts in metallurgy and forging, blacksmiths craft powerful weapons, armor, and accessories, and can enhance existing gear with unique abilities.
- Tamer: Masters of animal companionship, tamers can forge strong bonds with creatures and employ them in combat, utilizing their unique abilities to aid in battles.
Key Features: 1. Clan and Guild Houses: Players can join or create their own clans and guild houses, providing a sense of community and allowing for collaborative gameplay experiences. These houses can be customized and upgraded to provide various benefits to the members.
- Housing System: Players can purchase personal houses in towns or remote locations, allowing them to store items, showcase achievements, and even host social gatherings.
- Dungeon Exploration: Engage in thrilling battles against formidable bosses and their minions in challenging dungeons, offering valuable rewards, rare loot, and progression opportunities.
- Voice Chat: Seamless voice chat integration enables players to communicate and strategize in real-time, fostering a more immersive and social experience.
- Crafting System: Players can gather resources, learn recipes, and craft a wide array of equipment, including weapons, armor, and accessories, tailored to their preferred playstyle.
- Dynamic Economy: A thriving in-game economy enables players to buy and sell items, weapons, and resources at various stores, forging alliances with merchants and enhancing their financial status.
Dragon Riding: As dragon kin, players have the unique ability to tame and ride dragons, allowing for aerial exploration and epic aerial battles. Dragons can be customized and trained to become formidable allies in combat.
Dragon Sanctuaries: Discover hidden sanctuaries where dragon kin can commune with their dragon ancestors, unlocking powerful abilities and gaining access to exclusive quests.
Legendary Weapons: Engage in epic quests and challenging dungeons to obtain legendary weapons with incredible powers and unique visual designs, further enhancing gameplay and personalization.
Beast Taming: Tamers can seek out and tame a wide variety of creatures, ranging from majestic beasts to fantastical creatures, to fight alongside them in battles. Each creature has its own abilities and growth potential.
Expanded Crafting: Blacksmiths can not only forge weapons and armor but also create powerful accessories, enchantments, and cosmetic items. Crafting and enhancing equipment becomes a crucial aspect of character progression and customization.
- Limited proficiency in magic: While warriors can learn basic combat-related spells, their magical abilities are limited compared to dedicated spellcasting classes.
- Heavy armor restriction: Warriors are unable to effectively use light or medium armor due to their focus on heavy armor and melee combat.
- Fragile physical defense: Mages have low health and limited physical defense, making them vulnerable to close-quarters combat. They rely on their magical abilities to deal damage and control the battlefield.
- Mana management: Mages must carefully manage their mana pool as casting spells depletes their resources. They may need to rely on mana-restoring items or wait for natural mana regeneration during combat.
- Limited melee combat skills: Archers excel in ranged combat but are less proficient in close-quarters battles. They rely on maintaining distance and precision attacks.
- Lower physical resilience: Archers have lighter armor, providing less protection against physical attacks. They need to rely on evasion and kiting techniques to survive.
- Fragile defense: Rogues have lower health and rely on agility and stealth to avoid damage. They excel at burst damage and quick strikes but can be easily overwhelmed in prolonged battles.
- Limited spellcasting: Rogues have access to minor utility spells but lack the depth and power of dedicated spellcasting classes.
- Limited offensive magic: Paladins focus primarily on defensive and supportive magic, with limited offensive spells available. They excel in protecting and healing allies but have reduced damage output.
- Alignment restrictions: Paladins must adhere to a strict code of conduct and moral alignment. Engaging in certain actions or choices contrary to their code may result in penalties or loss of abilities.
- Vulnerability to light and holy magic: Necromancers are weakened by holy or light-based magic. Spells from these sources can hinder their abilities and deal increased damage to them.
- Ethical considerations: The use of dark magic and manipulation of life force may have consequences on the character's alignment and how they are perceived by NPCs and factions.
- Reliance on gadgets and resources: Engineers require a steady supply of resources, materials, and tools to craft and use their gadgets effectively. These resources need to be collected or purchased regularly.
- Fragility of gadgets: Gadgets created by engineers may have limited durability or charges, requiring maintenance or repair to keep them functional.
- Resource and time requirements: Blacksmiths need access to various materials and specialized equipment to craft powerful items. The creation process may require time, skill, and additional components.
- Dependent on external sources for magical enhancements: While blacksmiths can enhance weapons and armor, they cannot directly imbue them with magical properties. They need to collaborate with mages or acquire magical materials to infuse magical abilities into items.
- Limited control over higher-level creatures: Tamers may struggle to tame and control extremely powerful or legendary creatures. These creatures may require special conditions or quests to unlock their full potential.
- Bonding time: Developing a strong bond with a creature takes time and effort. Instantly taming or changing companions may hinder the growth and effectiveness of the tamer's bond
Extra class: Sanctifier: As a Sanctifier in "Chronicles of Eternia," you embody compassion and healing. Armed with restorative magic, you mend wounds, bolster spirits, and empower your allies. Your touch brings renewal, while your blessings strengthen defenses and amplify attacks. Purifying ailments and cleansing curses, you protect from corruption. While limited in offense and reliant on allies, your presence brings hope and resilience. As a Sanctifier, your healing touch turns the tides of battle, ensuring your allies stand strong against darkness.
• Limited Offensive Abilities: Sanctifiers focus primarily on support and healing, which means they have limited offensive capabilities. Their offensive spells are less potent compared to dedicated damage-dealing classes.
• Fragile Defense: Sanctifiers typically wear light armor, providing less physical protection. They rely on their healing abilities and supportive spells to keep themselves and their allies alive.
• Mana Management: Healing spells consume mana, and Sanctifiers must manage their resources carefully. They may need to use mana regeneration abilities or rely on potions to replenish their mana during prolonged battles.
• Vulnerability to Disruption: Sanctifiers' casting can be interrupted by enemy attacks. They need to be positioned strategically or protected by their allies to ensure uninterrupted healing and support.
• Limited Mobility: The Sanctifier's focus on healing and support restricts their movement abilities. They may not possess swift dashes or teleportation skills commonly found in more agile classes.
• Reliance on Allies: Sanctifiers thrive when working in tandem with other classes, as their healing and support abilities are most effective when there are teammates to protect and assist. They may struggle to solo certain challenging encounters or battles.
submitted by ANGRYBOT68
to gameideas [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 09:27 Vast-Cheetah-3755 Perk’s Guard Center Duo list
2023.06.03 09:05 thecuriositydesk01 Best Books for Students: Boost Your Learning Today
| || |https://preview.redd.it/7jgrmc2v4r3b1.jpg?width=1024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f64e17163e729754312a95859e3bf07982cce40a submitted by thecuriositydesk01 to u/thecuriositydesk01 [link] [comments]
Best Books to Read for Students
Books are an integral part of a student’s education and life. Not only do they learn to read, write, and speak, but they have fun doing so and learn whilst they do it. When you try to find educational books for your students, what do you consider first? The language it’s in, the imagery, the colors, or its purpose? Below, we’ve suggested some of the best books for your students and their education, which tick all of the above boxes!
The Intelligence/Study Book – “Intelligence is a comprehensive exploration of the nature, measurement, and applications of human intelligence. Drawing on the latest research and theories from psychology, neuroscience, and artificial intelligence, this book provides a deep understanding of the cognitive processes that underlie intelligence and the different forms of intelligence that exist. The book covers topics such as IQ testing, emotional intelligence, creativity, problem-solving, and the neuroscience of intelligence, among others. With clear and engaging writing, Intelligence is an accessible guide to the fascinating world of human cognition, and it will be of interest to students, researchers, and anyone curious about how the mind works” (Book Description, IndiaMart). From around 50 to 470, this book has high reviews and is available in most places.
Best Hindi Books for Students
UKG Children Hindi Educational Book
– Want to educate your students in Hindi? Working abroad and teaching Hindi? This book is perfect for you. For 70 a piece on IndiaMart, but also available in other places, this book sets the tone for your young students in their journey of both Hindi and education. Hardbound and printed, this book is appropriate for most young and new students with its colorful illustrations and fun layout.
Children Hindi Akshar Gyan Book – “The book “AKSHAR GYAN” has been designed by our subject experts specifically for preschool children to teach them Hindi Swar thereby preparing the child for school with good basic knowledge about the subject. The book carries good and simple worksheets with ample space to practice according to their developing brains accompanied by fascinating HD images so that they get to implement what they have learned simultaneously thereby making learning and teaching both sides pleasurable for the teacher, parents, and kids” (Book Description, IndiaMart). With beautiful illustrations, this book is perfect for students that prefer a modern look and need especially interactive and engaging imagery.
https://preview.redd.it/jn9a2as05r3b1.jpg?width=300&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e243afb35687cbe139fe72ad909d14094f8ae93d Inspirational Books for Students
The Sank Magic Book Set – When children step into the world of educational books, their mind needs to be consistently stimulated or they can become fidgety and lose attention. That’s why we’re suggesting the Sank Magic Book Set for your students. If they’re learning English, it’s going to be especially important to keep them focused. The Sank Magic Book Set is inspirational and engaging as it is colorful, engaging, and interactive, and uses animations and characters to aid the process of learning the language. This book set is one of the most popular and therefore very accessible and at a fairly cheap price range!
Shabd Gyan Book – “The Shabd Gyan Book provided by us is used for the improvement of children’s general knowledge. This book is known for its eye-catching prints and vivid pictures, which make learning a fun process” (Book Description, IndiaMart). With four out of five star reviews, the sellers on IndiaMart are reputable and fairly priced. Want your students to learn the basics of life, such as vegetable and fruit names and descriptions? This book is the answer to all of your problems and is luckily accessible to you and your classroom.
111 English and Hindi Aesop Fable Books – Everybody has heard of the Aesop Fable books, but why are they inspirational? Teaching children about morals such as kindness and helpfulness won’t only educate your students, but will aid them in developing their personalities
and personal growth. What’s great about these books is that they are extremely accessible, fairly cheap, and come in both English and Hindi. Whether your students are learning English or being taught in Hindi, this book entirely adapts to your classroom. Why not get both versions? Fictional or not, these books have a purpose in your students’ lives and are very engaging. They allow questions to be asked and actions to be questioned. What more can you want from a book?
So, what do you think of these suggestions? This range of books will make a perfect book nook for your classroom that your students will adore and treasure. They won’t be able to ignore it! Make sure to check out our other article, the Best Novels for Students, for more examples of English famous fiction we suggest for your students.
2023.06.03 09:03 realusinvestment Xitox Foot Pads: Unlocking the Secrets of Deep Cleansing and Detoxification
Xitox Foot Pads: Unlocking the Secrets of Deep Cleansing and Detoxification Introduction
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on Xitox Foot Pads, the revolutionary solution for deep cleansing and detoxification. In this article, we will explore the effectiveness of Xitox Foot Pads, address any concerns about fraudulent claims, and provide you with the valuable information you need to make an informed decision. Prepare to embark on a journey towards enhanced well-being and revitalized energy levels!
Unveiling the Power of Xitox Foot Pads What are Xitox Foot Pads?
Xitox Foot Pads are specially designed adhesive patches infused with a unique blend of natural ingredients. These pads are meticulously crafted to promote deep cleansing and detoxification by harnessing the power of ancient holistic principles. The pads are applied to the soles of the feet overnight, allowing the ingredients to work their magic while you sleep.
How do Xitox Foot Pads Work?
The principle behind Xitox Foot Pads is based on the concept of reflexology, which suggests that specific areas of the feet correspond to various organs and systems within the body. These pads contain a potent combination of natural substances such as bamboo vinegar, tourmaline, and wood vinegar, which are believed to possess detoxifying properties.
When applied to the feet, the Xitox Foot Pads create a gentle warming sensation, stimulating the reflexology points and initiating a detoxifying process. As you sleep, the pads draw out impurities and toxins from your body, promoting a sense of overall well-being.
Debunking Fraudulent Claims: The Truth about Xitox Foot Pads Effectiveness of Xitox Foot Pads
Xitox Foot Pads have gained popularity due to their purported ability to cleanse and detoxify the body. While individual experiences may vary, many users report positive results after incorporating Xitox Foot Pads into their wellness routines. These include improved energy levels, reduced fatigue, and a general feeling of rejuvenation.
Scientific Research and User Testimonials
Scientific research on Xitox Foot Pads is limited, and further studies are needed to establish their efficacy definitively. However, numerous testimonials from satisfied users suggest that these pads have had a positive impact on their well-being. It is important to approach such testimonials with an open mind and consider personal experiences while making an informed decision.
Benefits of Using Xitox Foot Pads 1. Enhanced Detoxification
Xitox Foot Pads are designed to assist your body in eliminating toxins and impurities that accumulate over time. By utilizing natural ingredients known for their potential detoxifying properties, these pads offer a gentle and convenient way to support your body's cleansing process.
2. Improved Sleep Quality
The soothing warmth generated by Xitox Foot Pads can contribute to a more restful night's sleep. As the pads work to detoxify your body, you can enjoy the benefits of a rejuvenating sleep, waking up feeling refreshed and revitalized.
3. Increased Energy Levels
By removing toxins that may hinder optimal bodily functions, Xitox Foot Pads can help improve your energy levels. Users have reported feeling more energetic and experiencing a greater sense of vitality after incorporating these pads into their wellness routines.
How to Use Xitox Foot Pads Effectively 1. Cleanse and Dry
Before applying Xitox Foot Pads, ensure that your feet are clean and dry. This will help optimize the pad's adherence to the skin, allowing for maximum effectiveness.
2. Apply the Pads
Carefully peel off the adhesive backing from the Xitox Foot Pads and affix them to the soles of your feet. Ensure that the pads are positioned securely and comfortably.
3. Overnight Application
For optimal results, it is recommended to wear the Xitox Foot Pads overnight. This extended duration allows the ingredients to work gradually, aiding in the detoxification process.
4. Morning Ritual
Upon waking, gently remove the pads and discard them. Rinse your feet with warm water to cleanse away any residue and enjoy the refreshed sensation.
Frequently Asked Questions Q1. Can Xitox Foot Pads be used by everyone?
Xitox Foot Pads are generally safe for use by most individuals. However, it is advised to consult with a healthcare professional if you have specific medical conditions, allergies, or concerns. This will ensure that the product is suitable for your personal circumstances.
Q2. How frequently should I use Xitox Foot Pads?
The frequency of use may vary depending on individual preferences and needs. Some individuals incorporate the pads into their nightly routine, while others opt for a less frequent application. Experimentation and listening to your body's signals can help determine what works best for you.
In Conclusion Xitox Foot Pads offer a unique approach to enhancing well-being by supporting the body's natural detoxification process. While scientific evidence on their effectiveness may be limited, many users have reported positive experiences. Incorporating these pads into your wellness routine may help you achieve a sense of revitalization, improved energy levels, and better overall health.
Unlock the potential of deep cleansing and detoxification with Xitox Foot Pads. Embrace the journey towards a healthier and more energized you!
submitted by realusinvestment
to u/realusinvestment [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 08:00 StormBurnX Arizona, not sure if my application has gone through or if I need to do an interview or what.
After jumping through some hoops with my account to even get an application in, I finally did.
When I view the application, it says "Expedited", but is still pending a week later. (I submitted it friday morning last week, it's currently friday night as of this post.)
The site seems to imply that I need to complete an interview, but when I call the number provided, I don't get any options on the automated line to do an interview, just to do basic things like check the status.
Additionally, the site seems to imply that if I need to complete an interview, they'll post a lettemessage on the board for a 'Request for Information', which I've seen on older applications, but the only one for this application is just the usual 'Agreement To Stop Getting Letters By US Mail'. (the site says I'll have to complete the interview by the date listed in the Request for Information letter, which there is none.)
Is my thing still pending? Am I waiting on them? Or do I have to call them and magically do an interview somehow and then they can review the application? I don't know what I'm supposed to do but it's been a week and there's still no update/communication from them.
I know I'm in the like, second-worst state in the US for govt aid or something but still I feel like there should be an answer or explanation somewhere that isn't completely generic.
submitted by StormBurnX
to foodstamps [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 05:55 snow-SUMMER My New Door's Character It's like guiding light
Name: Lumina, the Illuminarian
Description: Lumina is a radiant and benevolent character that serves as a guiding light within the world of Roblox Doors. It appears as a luminous being, emanating a soft and warm glow that illuminates its surroundings. Lumina's form is composed of pure energy, taking the shape of a graceful figure with outstretched wings that resemble ethereal feathers.
- Luminous Radiance: Lumina has the power to emit a radiant light that dispels darkness and brings clarity to the world. Its presence alone can brighten the darkest corners and reveal hidden paths, making it an invaluable guide for players exploring the Doors universe.
- Healing Aura: Lumina possesses a soothing aura that promotes healing and rejuvenation. It can channel its energy to restore health and vitality to those in need, providing support and encouragement to players as they navigate challenges and overcome obstacles.
- Telepathic Connection: Lumina has the ability to establish a telepathic link with players, enabling it to provide guidance, advice, and insights directly into their minds. It can share knowledge about the Doors, offer hints, and impart wisdom to aid players on their journey.
- Flight and Ethereal Movement: Lumina can effortlessly glide through the air, allowing it to traverse various terrains and reach otherwise inaccessible areas. Its ethereal movement gives it a graceful and weightless quality, making it a versatile and agile character within the game.
- Dark Corruption: Lumina's radiant energy can be weakened or corrupted by powerful sources of darkness or negative energy. Attacks or influences that specifically target its light-based abilities can diminish its powers and temporarily hinder its ability to guide or heal.
- Disrupted Connection: Interference with the telepathic link can disrupt Lumina's ability to communicate with players effectively. Mental barriers, magical interference, or certain gameplay mechanics can momentarily sever the connection, limiting its guidance and support.
- Limited Combat Abilities: While Lumina possesses healing and supportive powers, it lacks offensive combat capabilities. It relies on its radiant light and the assistance of players to defend against aggressive adversaries.
Lumina, the Illuminarian, is a character that brings hope, guidance, and healing to the players of Roblox Doors. Its presence serves as a beacon of light in the game world, offering assistance and wisdom as players embark on their own journeys of discovery and adventure.
submitted by snow-SUMMER
to u/snow-SUMMER [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 05:39 Akfanboy G.R.U: Temporal anomalies division chapter one
Yeshua volkov's POV.
I said as I checked if I still had some left over MRE's.
"Damnit! I knew we shouldn't have entered that anomaly!"
Said one of my comrades by the name of Ivan Pavlov. Some were already screaming for their babushka's like children when something isn't going their way. Although we had trained with mental fortitude we were in a quite a rough situation. We had no idea where we are or how can we get back to the motherland. Some were already panicking while some are getting counselling from the onsite phycologists.
"Don't worry comrades! We will find our way back! From this unknown reality we now live in! I know, I know. Some of you want to go back home immediately. But... ask yourselves this! We don't know how to come back but what if can find another way back! Back to the motherland! Maybe we can find something with great importance here and bring it back to the motherland. We will be treated as heroes, visionaries, and adventurers! If we ever go back to the homeland. Now get yourselves shit together and let's find a way to escape from this reality we found ourselves in!"
Said the charismatic leader Captain Alexander Mikhailov.
Some of my comrades stopped their screeching/screaming and started cheering. Some were stunned at how the captain was acting in this time. Honestly he was better than me with leading. He was like a charismatic leader that won the hearts of his soldiers while I the lieutenant just sat there doing the paperwork, doing logistics, making tactics, etc. Sure I am the lieutenant I shouldn't be doing that kind of stuff but we still need to plan logistics just encase of a fight to get reinforcements or supplies to the frontlines. He was more charismatic than me, and I let him do the speeches to boost morale. At least I'm not stuck giving endless speeches. I was the man that everyone counted on for tactics. I was one of the six tacticians in the detachment.
We checked the BTR 80's and a few transport trucks we brought with us and saw we had MRE's and water to last us over 50 days and ammo to last us over 70 days if we use it right. Suspiciously the BTR's fuel tanks were full. Huh? We drove over 6 kilometers with this thing and yet it's fuel tanks are full? Well lucky us I guess.
You must be asking yourselves how did we got into this mess in the first place?
Well that is what I'm going to tell you.
We are a part of a division of the G.R.U called the anomaly department. We study, and eliminate hostile or very dangerous temporal anomalies. We also developed teleportation technology but the tech is basically a barely functioning prototype that uses up so much energy that we typically need to drain 4 nuclear reactors or more to fire one up and teleport 500 people, 60 vehicles, etc they are so costly to use that we rarely use them, and need specialized equipment to use said prototype. These temporal anomalies are typically made from what's known as the god particles. They are basically particles that can bend reality itself or what the extremely dummies call magicules or magical particles because they seem magical to their eyes. We typically use those particles to create holes through space and time. We discovered our first anomaly back in the times when the USSR was still in its glory. In 1974. These anomalies typically bring with them destructive beings with them so we clean them up by killing them by either small arms fire, usage of military vehicles, missiles or even if it comes to it nukes, and burning their corpses. if we don't they usually turn into undead creatures that is very very hard to kill unless you have a tank, a flame thrower, or if you have liquid hydrogen to freeze these things up just to punch them and crumble into ice.
The first ones happened in Sarov or arzamas-16 one of the hidden cities in the USSR created by the KGB. The creatures that appeared on the first temporal anomaly were hulking abominations of green creatures filled with unknown viruses and diseases. We defeated them and later got an outbreak of one of the diseases, and later found a cure to the disease. Thus our predecessors the komitet vremennykh anomaliy or the committee of temporal anomalies created by the secretary general of the committee of state security with funding from the state to combat these threats. One day our unlucky asses got dragged into this assignment to investigate a temporal anomalies, and be one of the first to enter the temporal anomalies. We were greenlighted to do this mission due to our new naive, and unknowing overseers or as we call them the overseer council because they are a council of a few people dictating the fate of the motherland. And we followed those orders. And eventually got stuck in this hell hole inside some cave in the middle of who knows where. We were called detachment Alpha 3. The loyalists. We were the most loyal detachments of the overseers and we're trusted to keep the researchers safe. We didn't even thought that this would ever happen. We were naive to accept this.
Anyways we checked if everybody was okay. Some of the onsite medics and doctors who were with us in this expedition checked every one from diseases and found none.
We packed ourselves up and told everyone to ride in the transport vehicles to find a new place to build a temporary forward operating base.
Engines roared to life as the vehicles started.
"Now the true adventure begins. We will face hardships, losses, and so many adversities but know this comrades. We will survive and come back to the homeland! We will get through this together! We are the hope of the motherland! We will not fall!"
Said the captain.
We all hop in the transports and start moving.
We will comeback to the motherland. I sighed. That wish will never be true considering our jobs. I sighed again in resignation.
To be continued...
Author: Hello there reader. I am the author of this story. I will explain the timeline of the universe.
1974: The first temporal anomaly ever recorded
1975: The start of the Committee of temporal anomalies
1986: The Chernobyl anomaly
1989: The fall of the Berlin wall
1991: The fall of the Soviet union and the creation of the GRU
1992: The start of the G.R.U anomaly department
1992: The start of the overseer council
1993: Borris Yeltsin gets impeached
1994: The Election of president Nikita Parlov
2000: Prime minister of Russia Vladimir Putin gets charged with corruption charges, conspiracy against the state, and gets a life time in prison in a maximum security prison
2001: The election of president Igor Petrov
2006: The election of a dictator
2007: The second Russian civil war
2008: The battle of saint Petersburg
2008: The battle of Stalingrad
2009: The battle for moscow and the victors of the civil war are the democratic socialists.
2010: The start of the socialist democracy of Russia
2010: A new president is announced
2012: The Taliban does a terror attack in saint Petersburg killing 600 civilians.
2013: Russia joins the Afghanistan war in the American side.
2016: A new president is elected
2017: Russia becomes a part of NATO
2019: Russia nukes a large terrorist under complex city
2022: The expedition into an anomaly.
submitted by Akfanboy
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 05:32 KomradeSims Update Notes: June 1, 2023
Welcome to June, and also the latest Project: Gorgon update! This update contains a new much-requested skill, Angling, as well as new UI features, quests, balancing, and a ton of bug fixes. Bugs!
Update: the following are known bugs in this update -- no need to report them. If you see OTHER bugs, please report them!
- Animal forms are able to angle - kind of - and that is unintentional. Angling is intended to require hands.
- The Angling ability 'Catch and Release' gives 25% XP, not 25% bonus XP.
- You can target certain angling fish before they exist. You shouldn't be able to target them at all.
- Some of the angling abilities have old test descriptions.
- The new AoE indicator doesn't display in some outdoor areas.
We've expanded the main story quest-line by a few steps. If you've already reached the point in the storyline where you were asked to have dinner with Jessina (via a hang out), the hang out is now available, and you should log in to see that your character has a "reminder quest" to hang out with Jessina.
New Camera Types
Players come to us from different games with different control schemes and camera views, and they often ask us if we can imitate the camera styles they're used to. So we gave it a try! We know that getting movement behavior just right can be tricky, so please
give us feedback on how these work for you.
There are now 3 camera types to choose from, located in Settings > Controls:
- Traditional Camera: How the camera has always worked. Right-click rotates your character, left-click rotates only the camera. Mouse is always available.
- Free Camera: Camera control is completely separate from character control. Mouse is always available.
- Action Camera: Mouse movement always controls character. Mouse cursor is only available when a UI window is open, or when the Toggle Cursor key is pressed (configurable). NOTE: only available in the new selection system!
Area-of-Effect abilities that are centered on the caster now have a visualization for their range.
- When an ability is used, the AOE range briefly displays on the ground as a circle.
- When an AOE ability icon is hovered over, its AOE range displays on the ground for as long as it's hovered over.
- Visibility is configurable via Settings > GUI > Windows & HUD > Abilities & Items > "Show Beneficial AOE Areas" & "Show Detrimental AOE Areas". By default they are "Party Members Only" & "Self Only" respectively. Detrimental enemy AOEs will always display.
- Many "aura"-type pets display their aura ranges in a similar fashion, such as a druid's Healing Sanctuary or a fairy's Fae Conduit. These should also follow the visibility settings described above.
- Note: as of this update, all AoE abilities are centered on the caster, except for two Weather Witching abilities that are explicitly centered on the target. Previously, all AoEs were centered on the target, but the game didn't say that anywhere, and most players assumed it was centered on the caster! So this seems much more intuitive. But if there are specific AoE abilities that you feel should be centered on the target instead of the caster, please let us know and we'll consider it.
Traditionally, fishing in Project: Gorgon has involved scooping fish up out of the water with your bare hands -- what we might call 'tickling' the fish. And that's fine, as far as it goes. It takes real skill! But not all fish can be caught this way. (And more importantly, players have told us that an MMO "needs" to have traditional fishing in order to feel like a complete MMO.)
So we've expanded Fishing with a new sub-skill: Angling. All you need is a fishing pole, some bait, and a body of water with catchable fish. (Also Fishing 15. And hands!) In order to get started, talk to Roshun the Traitor in Serbule.
The precise mechanics of Angling aren't spelled out in the game at the moment. Since this game focuses on exploration, we expect players to be able to figure out how Angling works. Please let us know what parts of the system were hard to figure out, and we'll work to make those bits more obvious.
Skills & Abilities
From here out (and probably through the rest of beta), we'll be making small balance changes. We don't want to overnerf/overbuff things, so most changes will be relatively modest, and then we'll re-evaluate and adjust further after more observation. Warden:
We've revised the formulae used for damage reflection, which resulted in nerfs to Privacy Field. On the other hand, multiple bug fixes actually increase the Warden's power significantly in other ways.
- Privacy Field abilities: reduced base ability damage (Privacy Field 5 changed from 196 -> 138)
- Treasure: "Privacy Field deals +60 damage to all melee attackers, and the first melee attacker is knocked away": 60 => 42
- Treasure: "Privacy Field also deals its damage when you are hit by burst attacks, and damage is +86": 86 => 47
- Treasure: "Privacy Field also deals its damage when you are hit by ranged attacks, and damage is +57": 57 => 48
- Treasure: "When Privacy Field deals damage, it also ignites the suspect, dealing 156 damage over 12 seconds": => 156 => 80. Note: previously this effect did not work at all, so this is technically a huge buff, not a nerf!
- Treasure: "While Privacy Field is active, melee attacks that hit you have a 100% chance to restore 20 Power to you" : 100% chance => 75% chance. Note: previously this effect did not work at all, so this is technically a huge buff, not a nerf!
- Treasure: "Apprehend deals +48 damage and hastens the current reuse timer of Controlled Burn by 2 seconds (so it can be used again more quickly)" : 2 seconds -> 1.5 seconds. Note: previously this effect did hasten Control Burn at at all, so this is technically a huge buff, not a nerf!
- Controlled Burn: area-of-effect reduced from 15 meters to 10 meters.
- Aggression Deterrent: area-of-effect reduced from 10 meters to 6 meters.
- New ability Summon Sandstorm: This is a variant of Summon Tornado intended to be more convenient in groups. It does not knock back foes, instead dealing bonus Armor damage. All tiers of this ability can be learned from the Sand Seer in Ilmari.
- New rare ability Summon Doomstorm: This is a variant of Summon Tornado. It does not knock back foes. Instead it deals Darkness damage. Damage is improved over base version. This pet is marked as undead for purposes of ability targeting. In other words, heals that don't work on undead don't work on this pet either. Buffs that work on undead DO work on this pet. For now, all tiers of this ability can be found as loot scrolls.
- Fixed bug that caused high-level summoned tornados to move incredibly fast. Normalized tornado speeds.
- Summoned tornadoes accidentally had vulnerability stats for Cold Spheres. They now correctly have vulnerability stats for Tornadoes.
- "Your Confusing Double deals +67% damage with each attack": 67% => 45%
- "Confusing Double summons an additional figment. Each figment deals +77 damage with each attack": 77 => 50
- "Confusing Double Reuse Timer -15": -15 => -10
- "Fire Breath hits all targets within 8 meters and deals +30.5% damage, but reuse timer is +3 seconds and Power cost is +33%" => "Fire Breath hits all targets within 8 meters and deals +60 damage, but reuse timer is +3 seconds and Power cost is +40"
- The "Reset" button in Settings now resets the currently-selected tab to its default settings. The old functionality, undoing all current changes, is still doable by simply closing the window.
- Added new experimental settings for Tab Targeting. You can find them in settings under GUI > Targeting > Tab Targeting (Experimental).
- Combat Range: Control the max range of tab targeting when you are in combat.
- Combat Lock: If your current target is in combat, only other in-combat enemies will be targeted via tab, unless none are in view.
- Prioritize Unlooted Corpses: When tabbing through corpses, should all un-looted corpses be targeted before looted corpses?
- You can now tab through targets as quickly as you can press the button.
- Overwriting a keybind that's already bound now shows a confirmation prompt, including the name of the keybind being overwritten.
- Reorganized and renamed several Settings, to make them more intuitively grouped and easier to find.
- "Controls" settings have been organized into Camera & Character controls, with sub-menus.- Allow clicking through entities in the new UI, similar to how it works in the old UI. If you click on something that's already selected, it selects the entity behind it (if there is one).
- Reduced precision of click-selecting entities, so they can be selected without hovering directly over them.
- All stat bars (and globes) now smoothly animate when they change, instead of statically changing to the new value.
- Item stack size font now resizes properly for vaults (including saddlebag).
- Fixed nameplate placement for mounted humanoids.
- Fixed bug causing mouse cursor to disappear completely if mouse-dragging while zoning.
- Fixed bug that caused very large tooltips not to display sometimes.
- Removed hover-text about avatar portraits coming soon -- because they're here now! We live in the future!
- Ability tooltips now display Special Values before Special Info, as those make more sense grouped together with the other numerical data.
- Polished the lootable-corpse particles a bit.
- Nameplates now fully fade out with distance instead of just the names.
- Better handling of left-clicking nothing to deselect your current target.
- Improved display of Crafting button when no hotkey is assigned.
- Fixed quest window display bug when objective count number was very large.
- Removed the "1" from the item slot in the bug report window.
- Fixed bug causing stack sizes of items in the sidebar to get out of sync.
Graphics & Animation
- Wolves & cows now animate at proper speed when going up and down hills.
- Replaced wolf's Hunting Speed animation with a howl animation.
- Polished bard animations, so they flow together better now. The play-lute animation now always plays when you are playing a bard song, even if you use other abilities while playing the song.
- Improved instrument-playing animations.
- New VFX (animations, particles, & shader effects) for all Battle Chemistry abilities.
- You can no longer auto-move while jumping. Doing so previously resulted in some very strange-looking animations.
- Fixed weird animation bug when trying to do certain things while sitting or kneeling.
- Failure to interact with something now returns the player to idle stance.
- Fixed bug with Thentree armor causing weird shadows on male characters.
- Mage Armor is now more polished, a bit darker, and has glowier gems
- Fixed bug that would cause a dancing pig's mud to stick around forever.
- Fixed bug where mounting while dancing would continue some dancing effects.
- Improved texture for Spring Fairy armor.
- Fixed face cam for Pigeons.
Other Bug Fixes & Tweaks
- Some legacy equipment that should have been Mastercrafted wasn't. Those items should be fixed now.
- When you un-legacy equipment by pulling an invalid power off of it at the transmutation table, the legacy and broken state of that equipment is now properly updated.
- Fixed bug allowing recipe items to be summoned from anywhere.
- Updated Shadow Feint tooltip to display the correct AOE distance for blinking back to position.
- Phrenology-based Mentalism & Psychology bonuses to critical chance now properly affect heals.
- Improved logic related to channeling abilities; this should hopefully fix stuck-in-channel bugs.
- Modified Mutation Injection ability descriptions to make it a bit clearer how they work.
- Lycanthropy ability "Become Wolf": the skill check to disable wolf mode is no longer downleveled when your combat skills are downleveled.
- Newly learned abilities, Wild Endurance, & First Aid should now correctly auto-rerank.
- Dying by falling through the world now shows a special button in the death window, "Teleport to Last-Touched Ground", which teleports your dead body to the last ground you were standing on. While this isn't an ideal solution, it should allow you to be revived in party situations
- Fixed bug causing skeleton warrior pets to repeatedly retreat a short distance when fighting something.
- Astounding Cloth Shirt (Max-Enchanted) and Camouflaged Astounding Shirt (Max-Enchanted) recipes now require the correct ingredients.
- Pressing spacebar while in an animal-mount form will no longer play the horse neighing sound.
- Fixed typo in Evasion Boots (Enchanted) recipes.
- Changed icon color for Acid Bomb to more of an acid-y color (and match the new VFX).
- Acid Boost Potion recipe now correctly states that it lasts 30 minutes.
- Fixed typo in quest "Holistic Wellness: Yarn" (twelve -> twenty-four balls of yarn).
- The tsys mod, "Psi Health Wave grants all targets +X Mitigation vs. Electricity, Acid, and Nature attacks for 20 seconds" now displays in the effects list when it's active.
- Fixed Dwarven Fixer causing screen brightness (instead of hiding it).
- "Toxic Flesh" tooltip now takes poison damage buffs into account.
- Using Objective Orienteering on "The Borghild Lead" quest now leads to the correct area.
- Fixed typo in quest "The Borghild Lead" (south -> north).
- Harry now hints more strongly that his Minor Panacea will not cure ALL curses, just a specific one.
- The quest "Goblin Avenger: Ratkin!!!" now correct gives 10 Xedrite.
- JSON users: Note that in skills.json's level-up rewards, "Ability" can now refer to a single ability or an array of abilities.
submitted by KomradeSims
to projectgorgon [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 05:11 Zestyclose_Height_58 Magic Johnson 1/1 jumped in a break, fell asleep and had no idea what I got. This came in the mail today 😂🤷🏿♂️😅
2023.06.03 04:57 nimmoisa000 Open world crime game idea Cartel: Palm City.
Developed by Hangar 13, DICE, Ripple Effect Studios, EA Gothenburg, and Criterion Games and published by EA.
Additionally former EA Black Box and Ghost Games employees who would help access game assets and code from previous NFS titles to streamline the development)
Cartel (or alternatively as “Cartel: Palm City” or "Cartel: Miami" ) would be an open world title based on the Mafia Games, the GTA games and the Saints Row games, with elements of Battlefield: Hardline thrown in with an array of weapons and vehicles based on their real life counterparts.
Gameplay wise the driving would be like Need for Speed titles, and on foot and shooting mechanics like BF: Hardline and Saints Row. Plus you can customize your cars and weapons to the same extent in BF: 2042 and some cars would allow for mounted weapons,on foot you can execute people with your equipped weapon like in The Godfather games. On foot would be an FPS view (you can change to a third person view as well) same with having an FPS view in your car.
There would an single player experience point system (like in BF Hardline single player) you gain XP from killing gangsters, and cops blowing up or capturing enemy vehicles and completing main missions, side missions and activities also there will be 15 levels to achieve with each level up unlocking new weapons, vehicles and customization for your weapons and vehicles. As well as a New Game Plus (NG+) where everything you unlocked is carried over and you can also play on the higher difficulties through NG+.
Also there would be five wanted levels for police and five vendetta levels for the gangs should you reach level five gang vendetta you start a Gang War there are three ways to stop a Gang War either bribe the feds, blow up a gang stronghold, or hide out in a safe house. Police wanted levels one and two local units would come after the player, at police wanted level two or three the state police would come after the player. At wanted level four and five the feds would come after the player. The military will only come after the player if they trespass in Fort Rockport or the Palmount Naval Shipyard
In Cartel: Palm City; in a different universe and timeline where there's a total prohibition of all narcotics in the United States in 2010; tells the story of Jack Rourke (the player character) a hardworking rideshare driver at day and a street racer at night who's scraping by in Palm City circa 2019. One fateful night, Jack Rourke has an inadvertent brush with the Blackwell Syndicate (mainly Carl Stoddard and that showcases a life of reward too big to ignore. As he joins the Blackwell Syndicate who are fighting for control of Palm City against five other criminal groups and take the city for the Blackwell Syndicate including recovering evidence that could not only convict the Blackwell Syndicate, as well as a network of crime lords in many countries, (including the other gang’s backers) including the Blackwell Syndicate's backers the Mob and it would also directly implicate the CIA in Palm City’s drug trade with Jack Rourke earning the nickname “El Sicario” for his efforts in driving the other gangs out of Palm City. When he learns how much the drugs were hurting the people of Palm City and all over the country as well as learning that the Blackwell Syndicate had gotten into the drug trade themselves, he contacts FBI agent Chase Linh who relays the story to her and offers the evidence and his testimony in exchange for full immunity for him and his associates, and the evidence on the computer was enough to convict everyone form all the five gangs, but also their crime lord backers from at least half a dozen countries, as well implicating the CIA in this as well as lobbying efforts to keep all narcotics prohibited, leading to a new administration repealing the Narcotics Prohibition law and legalizing low level cannabis. However six months later after the repeal of the Narcotics Prohibition Jack Rourke would be gunned down by Russian Mafia hitmen, Dimitri "Dima '' Mayakovsky and Henry "Black" Blackburn.
- Sean Faris - Jack Rourke
- Erik Armando Alvarez - Marcus Blackwell
- Kieth David - Julian “Julius” Little
- Philip Anthony-Rodriguez - Nick Mendoza
- Kelly Hu - Khai Minh Dao
- Travis Willingham - Carl Stoddard
- Eugene Byrd - Marcus “Boomer” Boone
- Adam J. Harrington - Tyson Latchford
- Jack Derges - Tyler "Ty" Morgan
- David Ajala - Sean "Mac" McAlister
- Jessica Madsen - Jessica "Jess" Miller
- Ramon Tikaram - Ravindra "Rav" Chaudhry
- Brooke Burke - Rachel Teller
- Josie Maran - Mia Townsend
- Jonny Cruz - Lucas Rivera
- Ana Marte - Ana Rivera
- Maggie Q - FBI Agent Chase Linh
- Bentino Martinez - CIA Agent Julian Dawes
- Coolie Ranx - Benny King
- Jason Michael Zumwalt - Roman Barkov
- Michael Andrew Hollick - Niko Barkov
- Fred Tatasciore - Tony Alpert
- Josh Coxx - Frank Mercer
- Shontae Saldana - Eva Torres
- Josh Collins - Danny Shaw
- Moti Margolin - Dimitri Glebov
- Jack Yang - Chan Wu
- Graham Shiels - Leo Ray
- Mark Rolston - Neil Roark
- Dean McKenzie - Jonathan Cross
- David Rees Snell - Gregory "GMAC" MacDonald
- Heather Fox - Rose Largo
- Joshua Alba - Zack Maio
- Kurt Caceres - Hector Maio
- Lawrence B. Adisa - Brad Rogers
- Dominique Tipper - Lina Navarro
- David Palffy - Caleb Reece
- David Menkin - Hector "Ming" Domingo
- Bruce Johnson - Wes "Webster" Allen
- William Roberts - Joe "JV" Vega
- Jun-Yamazaki - Toru "Bull" Sato
- Derek Hamilton - Clarence "Razor" Callahan
- Chuck Norris - Chief Norris
- Paul Pape - Jack Keller
- Christina Hendricks - Sam Harper
List of activities
- Story Mission: Missions that advance the plot
- Side Mission: Missions that do not advance the plot but earns extra experience/money
- Street Race: Just like it is in Need for Speed, finish first.
- Combat Race: Just like Street Race, but weapon use is allowed.
- Mayhem: Cause as much destruction as possible and get the highest Cost to State score.
- Car Snatch: Steal a car from the cops or one of the four gangs and bring it to a chop shop and also unlock the car you stole for free.
- Drug/CigaWeapon Trafficking: Deliver drugs/military-grade weapons/Cuban cigars to dealers and avoid the cops and rival gangs.
- Car Delivery: Deliver a load of high-end cars to car dealers.
- Assassination: Find and kill a named character, bonus if you fulfill a special condition
- Acura NSX '17, Acura RSX-S '04,
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio '16,
- Aston Martin DB5 '64, Aston Martin DB11 '17, Aston Martin DB11 Volante '19, Aston Martin Vulcan '16,
- Audi R8 V10 Performance '19, Audi S5 Sportback '17,
- BMW i8 Coupé '18, BMW i8 Coupé K.S. '18, BMW i8 Roadster '18, BMW M2 Competition '19, BMW M3 '06, BMW M3 '10, BMW M3 Evolution II '88, BMW M3 GTR L.E. '06, BMW M4 '18, BMW M4 Convertible '17, BMW M4 GTS '16, BMW M5 '18, BMW X6 M '16, BMW Z4 M40i '19,
- Buick Grand National '87, Buick Cascada '16
- Chevrolet Bel Air '55, Chevrolet C10 Sidestep Pickup '65, Chevrolet Camaro SS '67, Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '14, Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 '17, Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport '17, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 '13, Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '19, Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (2020), Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (2020), Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 (Cross’ ZO6)
- Dodge Challenger SRT8 '14, Dodge Charger '69, Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat ‘18
- Ferrari 458 Italia '09, Ferrari 458 Spider '11, Ferrari 488 GTB '15, Ferrari 488 Pista '19, Ferrari F40 '87, Ferrari FXX-K Evo '18, Ferrari LaFerrari '13, Ferrari Testarossa Coupé '84,
- Ford F-150 Raptor '17, Ford F-150 SVT Raptor L.E. '17, Ford Focus RS '16, Ford GT '17, Ford Mustang '65, Ford Mustang BOSS 302 '69, Ford Mustang Foxbody '90, Ford Mustang GT '15, Ford Crown Victoria ‘08
- Honda Civic Type-R '00, Honda Civic Type-R '15, Honda NSX Type-R '92, Honda S2000 '09,
- Infiniti Q60 S '17,
- Jaguar F-Type R Convertible '19, Jaguar F-Type R Coupé '16,
- Koenigsegg Regera '16 (Roman’s Regera)
- Lamborghini Aventador S '18, Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster '17, Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Coupe '19, Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster '19, Lamborghini Countach '89, Lamborghini Diablo SV '95, Lamborghini Huracán '18, Lamborghini Huracán Performante '18, Lamborghini Huracán Performante Spyder '18, Lamborghini Huracán Spyder '18, Lamborghini Murciélago SV '10, Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
- Land Rover Defender 110 '15, Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR '15,
- Lotus Exige S '06,
- Mazda MX-5 '15, Mazda MX-5 '96, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02,
- McLaren 570S '15, McLaren 570S Spider '18, McLaren 600LT '18, McLaren F1 '93, McLaren P1 '14, McLaren P1 GTR '15
- Mercedes-AMG A 45 '16, Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupé '18, Unlocked at REP LVL 18, Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupé K.S. '18, Mercedes-AMG G 63 '17, Mercedes-AMG GT '15, Mercedes-AMG GT R '17, Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster '19
- Mercury Cougar '67
- Mini JCW Countryman '17
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX '07, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X '08, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X K.S. '08
- Nissan 180SX Type X '96, Nissan 240SX '98, Nissan 350Z ‘03, Nissan 370Z ‘09, Nissan GT-R ‘07, Nissan Fairlady 240ZG '71, Nissan GT-R '17, Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero '02, Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R '71, Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec '93, Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec '99, Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec '02,
- Opel Astra '09
- Pagani Huayra BC '17
- Plymouth Barracuda '70
- Polestar 1 '20
- Pontiac Firebird '77, Pontiac Firebird '99, Pontiac GTO '05, Pontiac G8 '08
- Porsche 718 Cayman GTS '18, Porsche 911 Carrera GTS '18, Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet '18, Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 '73, Porsche 911 Carrera S '97, Porsche 911 GT2 RS '18, Porsche 911 GT3 RS '19, Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS '18, Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet Ex '18, Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive '18, Porsche 918 Spyder '15, Porsche Cayman GT4 '15, Porsche Panamera Turbo '17, Porsche 911 Carrera S (991) '12
- SRT Viper GTS '14
- Subaru BRZ Premium '14, Subaru Impreza WRX STI '06, Subaru Impreza WRX STI '10,
- Volkswagen Beetle '63, Volkswagen Golf GTI '76, Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport '16,
- Volvo 242 DL '75, Volvo Amazon P130 '70
- Light Vehicles: M1161 ITV, VDV Buggy, LYT2021, MRAP, SPM-3, ZFB-05, Quad Bike, Dirt Bike. Desert Patrol Vehicle. Skid Loader
- Infantry Fighting Vehicles: LAV-25, BTR-90, ZBD-09, AAV-7A1. AMTRAC
- Main Battle Tanks: M1 Abrams, T-90A, Type 99 MBT, HT-95 Levkov
- Anti-Aircraft Vehicles: LAV-AD, 9K22 Tunguska-M, Type 95 AA
- Mobile Artillery: HIMARS
- Helicopters: AH-1Z Viper, Mi-28 Havoc, Z-10W, AH-6 Little Bird, Z-11W, KA-60 Kasatka, UH-1Y Venom, Z-9 Haitun
- Naval Craft: DV-15 Interceptor, RCB-90, RHIB Boat, PWC, ACV
- Emplacements: .50 Cal, M220 TOW Launcher, 9M133 Kornet Launcher, HJ-8 Launcher, Centurion C-RAM, Pantsir-S1, LD-2000 AA, Schipunov 42. Launch Pod
- Optics (Pistols): Iron Sights, Improved Iron Sights, Ghost Ring, Mini (RDS), Deltapoint (RDS), Comp M4S (1X) Magnum Scope (2x)
- Optics (Rifles): Short Range; Barska Reflex (RDS), Kobra (RDS), Coyote (RDS), EOTech Sight (1x), PKA-S (1x), HD-33 (1x), F2000 (1.6x) (F2000 only). Medium Range; M145 (3.4x), PK-A (3.4x), PRISMA (3.4x), Mark 4 HAMR (3.5x) ACOG (4x), PSO-1 (4x), JGM-4 (4x). Long Range: CL6x (6x), PKS-07 (7x), Rifle Scope (8x), Hunter (20x), Ballistic (40x), IRNV (1x), FLIR (2x)
- Accessories: Canted Iron Sights, Magnifier (2x), Variable Zoom (2x-14x), Flash Light, Tactical Light, Laser Sight, Tri Beam Laser, Green Laser Sight, LaseLight Combo, Range Finder, Target Detector, Stabilizer.
- Barrel: Standard Barrel, Heavy Barrel, Light Barrel
- Muzzle (ARs/Carbines, DMRs, LMGs, PDWs, and Sidearms): Muzzle Brake, Compensator, Suppressor, Flash Hider, Flash Enhancer.
- Muzzle (shotgun): Duckbill, Full Choke, Modified Choke
- Underbarrel: Underslung Rail (M320, GP-30, M26 MASS), Bipod, Ergo Grip, Angled Grip, Stubby Grip, Vertical Grip, Folding Grip, Potato Grip
- Auxiliary: Straight Pull Bolt, Bipod
- Ammunition: Shotshells, 12 Gauge Buckshot, 12 Gauge Dart, 12 Gauge Frag, 12 Gauge Slug
40mm Grenades, 40mm HE, 40mm Incendiary, 40mm CS, 40mm Dart, 40mm Flashbang, 40mm LVG, 40mm Smoke, 40mm 3GL.
- 25mm Grenades - 25mm Airburst, 25mm Dart, 25mm Smoke.
- Arrows - Broadhead Arrow, Bullet Point Arrow, Explosive Tipped Arrow (Tek Arrows), Poison Arrow
Key: Base weapon (special variant)
- Melee Weapons: Blunt Weapons, Knives, Collapsible Baton, Machete (L.S 16 Machete), Breaching Hammer, Sledge Hammer, Axe, Inquisition Sword, Shovel, Bayonet, ACB-90, Shank, Machete, Bowie, Carbon Fiber, Scout, Survival, Trench, Boot, SEAL, Dive, Tactical, BJ-2, Precision, Baseball Bat, 2x4, Lead Pipe
- Light Pistols; P226, M9, QSZ-92, MP443, G17 (Street Racer Special), FN57. Machine Pistols; CZ-75. G18, TEC-9, MAC-10, MP9, 93R.
- Heavy Pistols: M1911, Compact 45, SW40, DEagle .38, DEagle .357, DEagle .44, DEagle .50, DEagle .501, DEagle .700, 45T (Mercer’s 45T), .40
- Revolvers; Unica 6 .38, Unica 6 .357, Unica 6 .44, Unica 6 .50, Unica 6 .501, Unica 6 .700, .38 Snub, .38 Special, .357 RS, MP412 REX, .44 Magnum (.44 Magnum Force), .501 Magnum Enforcer, .700 Magnum
- Short Rifles/Shotguns; Mare's Leg, Lupara, Shorty 12G (Modern Lupara)
- Personal Defense Weapons/SMGs: MP5, MX4, PP-2000, UMP-45, CBJ-MS, PDW-R, CZ-3A1, JS2, P90, UMP-9, MP7 (Combine MP7) , AS VAL, SR-2, MPX, Groza-4, K10 (Dillinger II), M1A1, M1928 (Dillinger), MP5SD
- Shotguns: QBS-09, 870 MCS, M1014, Hawk 12G, Saiga 12K, SPAS-12, UTS-15, DBV-12, DAO-12, USAS-12, AA-12, 870P Magnum, 37 Stakeout (Cross’ 37 Stakeout), Double-Barrel Shotgun, KSG12, M26 MASS
- Carbines: AK5C, ACW-R, SG553, AKU-12, A-91, ACE 52 CQB, G36C, M4, ACE 21 CQB, Type-95B-1, MTAR-21, Phantom, Groza-1, RO933, AKS-74U, CAR-556, ACWR.
- Assault Rifles: AK-12 (Shovak AK-12), SCAR-L, SCAR-H, M416, SAR-21, AEK-971 (Russian Dillinger), FAMAS, AUG A3, CZ-805, QBZ-95-1, ACE 23, L85A2, F2000 (SC-20K), ARX-160, Bulldog, AN-94, M16A3, M16A4, AKM, L85A2, ARM, MDC, SAR-21, AUG A3, HCAR, SA-58 OSW, HK51, FN FAL, SG510.
- Light Machine Guns: U-100 MK5 (Modern Dillinger), Type 88 LMG, LSAT, PKP Pecheneg, QBB-95-1, M240B, MG4, M249, M60-E4 (M60-ULT), AWS, L86A2, RPK, RPK-74, RPK-12,
- Designated Marksman Rifles: RFB, Mk11 Mod 0, SKS, SVD-12, QBU-88, M39 EMR, ACE 53 SV, SCAR-H SV, M39 EMR
- Sniper Rifles: R700PPS, TRG-42P, CS-LR4, M40A5, Scout Elite, SV-98, JNG-90, 338-Recon, M98B, SRR-61, FY-JS, Dragunov SVD, L115, GOL Magnum, SR338, CS5, .300 Knockout, M200 Intervention, M82A3 .416, M82A3 .50, M82A3 .501, M82A3 .700, M82A3 .900, M82A3 20mm Vulcan, AMR-2 .416, AMR-2 .50, AMR-2 .501, AMR-2 .700, AMR-2 .900 AMR-2 20mm Vulcan, HVM-II, M136 CS, Vidhwansak, Rorsch Mk-1, Rorsch Mk-4, 20mm Vulcan Grenares: M67 Frag, V40 Mini, RGO Impact, M34 Incendiary, M18 Smoke, M84 Flashbang, Hand Flare, CS Gas Grenade, Molotov, AA Mine, AT Mine, SLAM, C4 Explosive, M18 Claymore
- Launchers: M32 MGL, M203, M320, GP-30, M26 MASS, RPG,MBT LAW, FIM-92 Stinger, RPG-7V2, SA-18 Igla, Mk153 SMAW, FGM-148 Javelin, FGM-172 SRAW, XM-25
- Gadgets: Defibrillator, First Aid Pack, Medic Bag, Repair Tool, Ammo Box, Ammo Pack, M224 Mortar, MP-APS, XM25, UCAV, Ballistic Shield, MAV, Motion Sensor, PLD, Radio Beacon, SOFLAM, T-UGS, SUAV, RAWR M240B, RAWR M203, XD-1 Accipiter
Other: Nail Gun
- The Birth of Art - After winning a big race, Jack Rourke collects the winnings at the Palm City Historical Museum
- An Offer you Can't Refuse - Jack Rourke must evade Volk sicarios with Tyson Lachford and Carl Stoddard members of the Blackwell Syndicate
- Race Day - After the events of the last mission, Jack Rourke partakes in a race day event and wins three events with his Porsche 911 Carrera S (991) '12
- Running Man - Volk sicarios Niko and Dimitri crashes the race day and Jack must get to the Blackwell Garage
Chapter 1 (2019-2021)
- M34 Party - Jack Rourke joins the Blackwell Syndicate and gets acquainted with everyone before going with Tyson in a Pontiac GTO '05 to burn the Volk's cars with M34 Incendiary Grenades as well as stealing GMAC's Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4
- Standard Routine - Jack Rourke rolls with Tyson, Stoddard and Jonathan Cross to collect protection money but things go south when they collect from a hotel out of town and Jack Rourke chases after the hotel owner in Cross' car.
- Fair Play - Jack Rourke is tasked with stealing Ryan Cooper's Nissan 240SX and sabotaging it on the eve of the biggest Speedhunter race of the year, the SpeedHunter Championship Finals and in a last minute swap Jack Rourke has to race in place of Tyler Morgan
- Mia Townsend - Jack Rourke is tasked with taking Mia Townsend out for a night at the city... until a gang of Wraith street racers led by Caleb Reece hassles her and Jack Rourke takes them on in a fight
- Get Used To It - After the events of the previous mission Jack Rourke and Tyson Latchford are sent to teach the Wraiths a lesson But Caleb Reece makes it serious and Caleb Reece is wound up being killed by Tyson after a chase around the city alongside Danny Shaw.
- The Saint and The Sinner - It's revealed thtat Caleb Reece was Chief Norris' best friend, and Danny Shaw survives the crash however Stoddard would handle Shaw as Jack Rourke is tasked with infiltrating the Elmore Plaza Hotel and has to kill the manager, Nikki Morris and bomb the hotel before escaping to a funeral and confronts, Danny Shaw and Frank Mercer who are also in attendance. Jack Rourke kills Shaw and nearly kills Frank as well. But Frank tasers Rourke and escapes. It would be revealed that some of the Volk sicarios recognized Sotddard and had to deal with them, then the two escaped in a hearse.
Chapter 2 (2021)
- A Trip to the Countryside - In order to get a large supply of cannabis from Mexico, Jack Rourke takes a team to retrieve the Mexican from Mexican smugglers only to be ambushed by Los Zetas L.S 16 and Volk sicarios, then it's revealed that Roman had paid off the FBI to go after Rourke and his teammates then they came off with the cannabis killing their pursuers in the process.
- Code of Silence - The evidence that Tyson and Stoddard had ripped from the Volk had fallen in the hands of Hector Maio who cut a deal with the FBI, total immunity for the evidence and Jack Rouke is tasked with killing him and retrieving the evidence
- Visiting Rich People - Jack Rourke is tasked with sabotaging a federal proscutor's case against The Mob, the Blackwell Syndicate's backers as well as killing the federal prosecutor in charge of the case.
- Visiting Powerful People - Jack Rourke is tasked with meeting and protecting a powerful member of Palm City's elite, the owner of Prefered Outcomes Julian Daws... though he more than meets the eyes of Jack Rourke
- Agent Dawes - Julian Daws is revealed to be a CIA agent who is tasked with keeping the flow of drugs to Jack's surprise and that he is backing the Blackwell Syndicate through Prefered Outcomes.
- The Drug Trade - Julian Daws walks Jack Rourke through Palm City's drug trade and how the illicit street racing scene is used as a cover to smuggle drugs.
- Great Deal - Tyson Lachford scores a major deal with a drug farm in Georgia who promises to supply them with large amounts of drugs in exchange for access to databases concerning highway patrol routes; however when the deal goes down at a parking garage, the Volk and L.S 16 ambush them.
- Bon Appetit - Jack Rourke drives Eva Torrez, Marcus Blackwell and Julian Daws to the rebuilt Elmore Plaza Hotel for brunch only for Niko and Dimirti with a Volk hit squad to blast the entire lobby with gunfire and C4 explosives, Jack Rourke vaults over with Eva Torrez, Marcus Blackwell and Julian Daws, there Jack Rourke and Eva Torrez rush out through the side entrance and confronts the hit squad with Jack Rourke killing both Niko and Dimirti. However Blackwell wants Jack to confront Jonathan Cross at a doughnut store and reveals that the Volk threatened to turn him over to IAD and is chased throughout the city with Marcus Blackwell putting Cross on permanent retirement by killing him with a Lupara.
Chapter 3 (Finishing the other gangs and downfall of Jack Rourke) (late 2021)
- Happy Anniversary - Jack Rourke is tasked with completing a contract hit against Frank Mercer at the fifth anniversary of the formation of the High-Speed Task Force by firing a sniper rifle stashed in a bathroom
- You Lucky Bastard - After a failed attempt to kill Razor; Roman's personal driver and #2 of the Volk, Jack Rourke is given the contract to kill Razor, first by car bomb but ends up killing Deputy Chief Jack Keller. instead of Razor. Jack Rourke, Tyson and Stoddard would later find Razer at a Burger King. In this Rourke can choose to kill or spare Razor. Rourke would spare him after he tells him that the CIA is deeper in Palm City's drug trade than Jack Rourke is led to believe
- Creme de la Creme - Marcus Blackwell plans to kill Roman, Niko, Demintri and Chan Wu in front of the city's Creme de la Creme, the mayor, the police chief, the FBI director and even the city's richest elite. However things go south and Jack Rourke chases Roman and Niko at the airport where they get to a private jet but is shot down and crash lands on the Cross Mermeroral Bridge Chan Wu is still alive and Jack Rourke executes him and leaves before the cops show up.
- Plugging the Chief - After the events of Creme de la Creme; Chief Norris places to take on the Blackwell Syndicate and to dismantle them, and a contract hit is placed on him where Jack Rourke accepts the contract and kills Chief Norris.
- Election Campaign - The State Governor had launched his reelection bid with the promise get tough on the cartels that had plagued Palm City and like Chief Norris has a contract hit out on him which Jack Rourke is tasked with taking, using a sniper rifle
- Just for Relaxation - Marcus Blackwell tells Jack Rourke about a shipment of Cuban cigars as well as a hidden shipment of diamonds (hot ice) straight from Africa however and Jack Rourke takes a crew to retrieve the shipment from federal customs however it's revealed that instead of diamonds it's Cold Shot... the same drug being pushed by the other gangs.
- The Truth - Jack Rourke and Kahi Minh Dao eavesdrop on Marcus Blackwell and Julain Daws and they learn the truth.
- Moonlighting - Jack Rourke after knowing about the truth takes Tyson to rob the Palm CIty First National in order to retire from the sicario lifestyle and gets into a massive shootout with the PCPD Heat-style.
- The Death of Art - After the heist of Palm City First National Jack Rourke finds Tyson dead and meets Stoddard at the museum only to find out that Stoddard knew about the heist, and used his share of the drug money and clout at Prefered Outcomes to buy out The7 as his personal hit squad, however Jack Rourke manages to kill every member of The7 but spares Stoddard (the player can also kill him but canonically Jack Rourke spares him)
After the trial and the repeal of the Jack Rurke is placed in the Witness Protection Program in Lakeshore City but six months later after the repeal of the Narcotics Prohibition Jack Rourke would be gunned down by members of the West Side Club, Dimitri "Dima" Mayakovsky and Henry "Black" Blackburn.
The Gangs of Palm City
L.S 16 (Los Salmos 16) - Also known as The Salmos. Backed by the most powerful Mexican drug lords and the most powerful arms traffickers in the world, L.S 16 once ruled all of Palm City In fear until The House stepped in. They’re also the strongest gang in the game with access to military grade weapons and vehicles and each gang kill from them awards 500-1,500 XP depending on the enemy type. They are led by Neil Roark.
The House - The House is a gambling gang with strong ties and backed by the Sicilian Mafia; they run the street scene and the casinos in Palm City. They’re pretty strong but weaker than L.S 16, and they have access to military grade weapons and vehicles each gang kills from them awards 250-800 XP depending on the enemy type. Headed by Lina Navarro.
The Volk - The Volk is a Chinese-Russian gang led by Roman Barkov with Niko Barkov as their enforcer backed by the Triads (Chan Wu), the Russian Mob (Dimitri Glebov), and GMAC's crew (Gregory "GMAC" MacDonald, Rose Largo) for cars who control the weapon smuggling and arms dealing in Palm City. With this backing and access to military grade weapons. They are a mid tier gang and each gang kill from them awards 200-600 XP depending on the enemy type. They are also the ones who go after the Blackwell Syndicate the most.
Palm Kings - The Palm Kings (PKs) is a Black gang made up of Black nationalists who controls Palm Harbor’s rackets and extorts store owners. Led by Benny King, they’re equipped with police-grade weaponry and has strong ties with the PCPD despite this, they are the second weakest gang in the game and each gang kill from them awards 150-500 XP depending if it's a regular to elite
Dixie Paladins - The Dixie Paladins are a white supremacy gang and a militarized version of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) who controls the Gold Coast Mountains in the mountainous regions of Palm City. they’re the weakest gang in the game and each gang kill from them awards 100-250 XP from regular to elite members. They are led by Tony Alpert
Blackwell Syndicate - The Blackwell Syndicate is a underground criminal organization based in Palm City and is led by Marcus Blackwell with Julian “Julius” Little as underboss, Hector Maio before "Code of Silence" and Zack Maio after "Code of Silence". Nick Mendoza. Khai Minh Dao and Carl Stoddard are caporegimes and Tyson Latchford, Tyler "Ty" Morgan, Sean "Mac" McAlister, Jessica "Jess" Miller as soldiers. Other members include Ravindra "Rav" Chaudhry as the gang's car expert Rachel Teller as the gang's customization expert, Marcus “Boomer” Boone as the gang's weapon experts. The Blackwell Syndicate would be the gang that the player would join. In Act 1, they're an outside and fast tracked to soldier, but in Act 2 the player would be a capo until the end of the game. They are secretly backed by both The Mob and the CIA through Agent Dawes. Jonathan Cross and Mia Townsend are also on the gang's payroll until "Bon Appetit" where Marcus Blackwell executes him with a 870P Magnum to the head. Also Mia would also go with Jack Rourke as well
The police/military force
PCPD - the police force of Palm City/Miami if the player does hostile acts (killing civilians, firing unsuppressed weapons in public, etc) will attract police attention and each kill from them awards 50 XP for regular members and 100 XP for armored members, However the player can bribe the PCPD to look the other way or will even help the player fight the other gangs but would be the target of higher level police forces. (Sort of like it was in The Godfather game) The player can also buy favors from them as well. Also they’ll deploy stronger units at higher heat level alongside the FBI. The cars PCPD drives are the Ford Crown Victoria, Dodge Challenger, Pontiac GTO, and the Chevy Grand Sport
Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) - The state police force and Only appears in wanted levels 3 and above, Each kill from them awards 75 XP for regular state troopers and 150 XP for tactical state troopers. Regular state troopers drives Ford Mustang GTs tactical state troopers drives Nissan GT-R
FBI - Only appears in wanted level 5 the FBI will be called in if the player continues to retaliate against the PCPD. Each kill from them awards 125 XP for regular agents, 250 XP for FBI SWAT and 375 XP for FBI HRT, Like the PCPD the player can bribe the FBI to look the other way, or even help the player fight gangs, or the PCPD but at the second highest price. The FBI also has the second widest array of favors the player can buy. regular agents drives the Nissan 350Z or Porsche 911 GT3 RS, FBI SWAT drives the - Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster or Ford F-150 SVT Raptor L.E. and FBI HRT drives the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X or Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR
Military - Only goes after the player if they trespass in Fort Rockport or the Palmount Naval Shipyard. Each kill from them awards 200 XP for regs, 400 XP for experienced troops and 600 XP for elite troops. Like the PCPD, State Police and the FBI, the player can bribe the military to look the other way, or even help the player fight gangs, the PCPD, State Police or even the FBI but at the highest price and The military also has the widest array of favors the player can buy in large part due to Agent Dawes’ connections in Washington.
Multiplayer portion of the game would take place during the five cartels war where the Blackwell Syndicate, The Volk, Palm Kings, Dixie Paldines, Los Salmos 16, and The House (basically where Jack Rourke glosses over saying "It was non-stop chaos for weeks")
Also there would be a free ride mode where the player can explore the city at their leisure or pick a fight with either other cartels or the cops.
submitted by nimmoisa000
to gameideas [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 03:56 MaskedDood 300% increased damage to jungle camps modifier feels like a band-aid fix to jungle Rell
Abilities having a 250% - 300% increase damage modifier to jungle camps seems like a band-aid fix to jungle Rell. All it does is give her inflated numbers against jungle camps (yes it does help her clear speed but there are other better ways to do that) and that doesn't help either against champions invading her or jungle skirmishes as she does little to no damage against champions (and minions).
As stated above, I believe there is a better way to make Rell's jungle clearing speed faster without having inflated numbers.
My proposed change is to give her back a modified version of her old on-hit passive.
(NEW) Break the Mold: Now also deals 2-8 (based on level) bonus magic damage on hit. (2 at level 1-5, 4 at level 6-10, 6 at level 11-15, 8 at level 16) Damage is increased by the total sum of resistances stolen.
Q, W, E now does 200% increased damage to jungle camps.
The proposed on hit passive synergizes with her new W bonus attack speed and makes players think twice before invading her jungle as now she has ways to fend off invaders on her own
This also allows her damage modifier against jungle camps to be lowered significantly so she doesn't see inflated numbers against jungle camps only to be shocked to find she does pitiful damage against enemy champions.
Right now, in order to clear camps effectively, jungle Rell NEEDS to buy a Sunfire Cape. This is because after using her abilities with long cooldowns on the jungle camps, her auto attacks does pitiful damage to the camps while waiting for her CDs to be back up, thus relying on Sunfire Cape's damage to clear camps. With this change, her auto attacks will make her to clear the jungle better, allowing her item build for jungling to be more flexible, giving her the option to buy items that are more suitable for each unique game.
Another thing this does is that it helps her to last hit minions if she needs to help hold/clear waves for her laners.
Finally, this change also benefits support Rell, as she won't be hitting like a wet noodle with her auto attacks once she blows everything in a teamfight and will do decent damage with her auto attacks if left alone in melee range.
TL;DR: 300% damage modifier to Rell's abilities to jungle camps just unhealthily inflate numbers against them and Rell still has little to no damage outside the jungle. Give her back a modified version of her old on-hit passive and lower the damage modifier to jungle camps for a healthier jungle Rell.
submitted by MaskedDood
to RellMains [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 03:27 Drakolf The Nature of the Soul:
I didn't have time to think, as soon as I heard the words, saw the flash of light, I ran at them, tackling them to the ground. The searing pain that coursed through my body was unimaginable, and for a moment, I was numb, my friend screaming my name as she pushed me off and wailed with sorrow.
Shit, dying sucks.
At least, that's what I thought before I suddenly gasped for air, coughing as sensation crashed back into my body. Alessa stared at me with wide eyes before she hugged me, thanking the Gods I was alive.
The spell was known as 'Soul Trap', it was a spell only taught to those who were both licensed and responsible to use it. I didn't know why Aleksei used it on Alessa, and nobody could fathom how I wasn't dead, my soul bound to a gemstone.
I mean, it was fine by me, it meant I wouldn't need to be slotted into a golem to have movement. I was studied, of course, and I accepted it because, well, I was literally the only person who survived.
That was when the smell became noticeable. It was the stench of death, like flesh rotting, which was bizarre since I was clearly alive, my heart was beating, nothing marked me as suddenly undead.
But concerningly, when a healing spell was used on me, the smell went away.
It became a recurring problem, every few days I needed to be healed so people didn't throw up around me, it actually got to the point where I went out of my way to learn a spell I could barely use just to do it myself.
That was when someone tried Soul Trap on me again. It hurt like the last time, flung me down the hall, knocked the breath out of me, but I got back up again. He kept hitting me with the spell, clearly terrified I was going to kill him.
I didn't have any offensive spells on me, I was under excruciating pain and, well, I snapped.
I didn't like the sensation of killing someone, and as I learned shortly after, my deed wasn't necessary, a teacher had been rushing to my aid.
An exception was made for me, in that one instance, of using that spell, but I had to apply for a license, had to go through the proper training, which I did. Hell, I found that Necromancy was a lot easier than I remembered it being.
Actually, a lot of my magic was stronger, now that I thought about it.
The final test for learning Soul Trap is to use it on a condemned criminal, so that you know the weight of taking a life, so you understand what it is exactly you learned.
It was easier to use than I expected, I looked at the gem I'd been provided for the test, and that's when I realized what had happened to me.
"The gem?" My instructor prompted. I laid my wand down, which confused the instructor, then he grew concerned when he saw the gem was still empty.
"I think my own body is where my soul is trapped." I said. "I think I'm actually dead."
It was unthinkable, of course, but the evidence was there. I could still feel pain, I still needed to breathe... but I was clearly rotting, my flesh only persisting because I was healing it.
Decaying is painful, and it comes with the most horrendous stench. I volunteered, of course, I was still a sapient being, just, my body wasn't a golem. Losing my sense of smell was a blessing, and being reduced to magically animate bone was novel. Incidentally, the closer to death I was, the more powerful my necromantic talent grew.
But there was no way I could just go out into the world, so even though I unnerved everyone, I continued my studies, continued trying to understand why this had occurred to me.
We replicated the circumstances of my death, bringing two prisoners who were known to be loyal to one another. The terms were very clear, they were both to be executed, starting with the more innocent of the two. If the other prisoner protected them from the spell, he would live.
The experiment went off without a hitch, the more guilty one did not even hesitate to protect his friend. He too was rendered undead like me. They were terrified, of course, when I stepped out, but I explained to them that their sacrifice had brought answers.
I apologized for forcing him to experience the same thing as I did, but we gave him an enchanted item that would passively heal him.
Last I heard of them, they settled as farmers, but that wasn't as important to me as figuring out what the specific cause was. I was offered a teaching position, since I'd done all of my requisite classes. When I received word that the two former prisoners had passed away, I left to confirm, and indeed, they were both dead, with one of them rotting faster than the other.
I wondered why that was, why I was still animate when he wasn't. The answer, ironically, came to me when a zombie attacked me. The undead were attracted to life force, since I attracted it, I was still full of life force.
Which meant the two people I killed had added their life force to mine.
I posited my findings, requesting an experiment to prove it. Which they granted. My life force was measured before and after the execution of a particularly heinous murderer, and my hypothesis was confirmed.
This raised several ethical questions, of course, namely what to do about me since my lifespan was directly tied with execution and murder.
I simply replied, "If my being alive is a problem, then I'll simply die." This had surprised them, so I continued. "My existence is a complete accident, and it's clear that I'll persist beyond my natural lifespan. Even if they're murderers, killing people to keep myself existent is- at least in my view- wrong. I will gladly continue teaching, but when it is my time, then it will be my time."
I didn't listen to their arguments for or against my decision, I had made up my mind. I continued to teach, and even took the time to learn some offensive spells in case anyone got any bright ideas about replicating my condition. I only needed to use it once, to get rid of a mage who had orchestrated events so as to achieve immortality, I reminded him that the skull is still fragile, and that he can't have a good life without a good head.
Nobody tried after that, and I deliberately went to pains to hide that knowledge, simply because it unnecessarily risked innocent people.
It's been three hundred years, however, and for one reason or another, my power hasn't waned at all. I am the current headmaster, and have been for over one hundred years.
I've decided, if someone is absolutely worthy, I'll let them join me, as a treat.
submitted by Drakolf
to DrakolfsWritings [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 02:40 SentientCircusPeanut Can someone please interpret this PFT for me? Asthma, COPD, or something else?
| || | submitted by SentientCircusPeanut to Asthma [link] [comments]
I'm a 29 year old man, smoked maybe 100 cigarettes in my life starting around age 17 but never smoked cigarettes consistently and haven't smoked in years. I did however start smoking weed at 16 and began smoking everyday, maybe a gram a day, at 17. At 18 I got a dry herb vaporizer (volcano) and since then have use the vape 99% of the time. I've been a daily user since, with a few months off here and there.
I noticed that I started coughing a lot more a couple of years ago when I got my medical marijuana card. It may be that I'm just vaping more than I did in the past, but this was concerning. I cough a lot after eating, so my doctor first suspected GERD but an endoscopy showed no signs of acid. My cough seems to magically go away in the late hours of the night. I quit vaping for like seven months and while my cough improved quite a bit, it still would come up a little bit almost every day, especially in response to irritants like perfume. Chest x ray and CT scan came back normal, so finally I got a PFT, with the results attached here. After my CT scan came back clear, I (perhaps stupidly) stopped worrying and started using the vape again.
I see that my FEV1/FVC is pretty low (71%), like right on the border of COPD, and my FEV1 before the bronchodilator was pretty low too (76%). After the bronchodilator, my numbers improved a little bit, and there was a larger improvement in FEF25-75 (35%) which is noted on the report, although FEV1 didn't improve by 12% or whatever the usual cutoff for asthma reversibility is. However, my main doctor had his aides call me up and say that this suggests very mild asthma, although I should still see a pulmonologist.
I've been prescribed albuterol, and it helps a little bit, but I'm still coughing. I've still been using the herb vaporizer, yes I know I should quit. I'm trying to switch over to edibles but it's really hard because of how unpredictable they are. I'm in the process of switching over and I hope to soon, but for now I'm just trying to cut back on vaping. Unfortunately, the vaporizer really is the best way to take it as medication, although I'm open to quitting. I still need to see a pulmonologist, I've been putting it off for months because the pulmonologists I've been referred to don't take my insurance or accept self pay so I need to find one myself, which I plan to do next week. I guess my question is, can anybody help me interpret this PFT?
Does this seem more consistent with asthma or COPD? How critical is it that I stop using the vaporizer? I know that COPD is progressive and the worst thing you can do is continuing to inhale stuff, but is "very mild asthma" as dangerous? Do these numbers and the symptoms I describe suggest that I'm risking COPD by continuing to vape? I have OCD and anxiety too (one of the reasons I have a med card), so this has been stressing me out a bit for a while, and I'm not sure how much of it is real and how much is my anxiety tricking me.
2023.06.03 02:36 Drakolf The Hoard of Varanax:
They were always slaves, that was a fact that Varanax had intuited.
It had begun a generation ago, some young fool had dared to encroach on his lair and had stolen one of his treasures. Being a Dragon, he knew the location of his property, who had it, which hands exchanged it. It was little effort to track the offender down and eviscerate him before the village.
He didn't recall the specific words, he'd said all kinds of things over the centuries, something about razing their fields to ash, slaughtering their cows, but the next morning, they had sent a woman, saying they hoped he was pleased with their sacrifice.
This had utterly baffled him, at the time, but she had been dressed up in jewelry, and he wasn't about to throw away a tribute. He took his new property, took the woman, and dropped her off in the next kingdom. As each month came by with more and more 'sacrifices', his annoyance grew into concern, as the quality of the 'sacrifices' had lessened.
They no longer arrived with jewelry, many of them had clearly been beaten and tied up- one had even been physically violated, an act that was utterly reprehensible to the Dragon. He'd made good on his promise, even though they hadn't tried stealing from him since- last he recalled of that woman, she had led a successful bandit clan until her death.
This new generation of Humans had come with the annexation of the now-city into some broad-grasping empire, it was then he first received slaves.
They were always filthy, barely skin and bone, shackled with magic that forced them to comply with any orders given to their masters. What was most disturbing to Varanax was that the power he had to always know where his property was claimed them as such.
Even in the past, he had never managed to claim a Human in this manner, they were particularly resistant to it. But these Humans had changed the very nature of their own.
It disgusted him.
The first few slaves died, there was nothing he could do about it, and their loss hit him in a way that was difficult to describe. It was as though small parts of his treasure had simply winked out of existence, and had come with a sense of loss that had left him inconsolable for days.
It was selfish, nursing them back to health so their deaths couldn't inconvenience him. The magic that ensnared their wills prevented them from disobeying, and as far as he could tell, attempting to remove the curse instantly killed them.
He had at times flown out to slaughter the monsters who could do such to their own kind, yet even with their deaths, their slaves were still marked, still trapped, and worst of all, killing their masters automatically made them his.
And their deaths in his flames had almost killed him.
Thus they arrived monthly, emaciated and weak. He would nurse them back to health, the more healthy women aiding him in their care, and when they were healthy, he would command them to be free, to follow their own wills, to live their lives such they would be at peace.
He still felt them, knew where they were at all times, with whom they mated, and those who took them- only to meet the enraged glare of a Dragon who protected his property.
It was not a solution, but he was not the one who could dismantle such an unjust society.
But the women he cared for, whom he cherished in his own way, could. After all, they could call on the strength of a Dragon at any time, and he would answer.
submitted by Drakolf
to DrakolfsWritings [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 02:02 AdEqual9424 [OTHER] legend if zelda movie idea #2
Title: The Legend of Zelda: The Return of Ganon
Opening Scene: The camera zooms in on a dark, sinister castle where the Demon King Ganon resides. We see his army of evil creatures gathering outside the castle walls, waiting for their next command. Suddenly, Ganon's eyes snap open and he rises from his throne, sensing that a powerful force has been awakened.
Act 1: We meet Link, who has been summoned by Princess Zelda to help stop Ganon from obtaining the Triforce, a powerful artifact that would give him control over the entire kingdom. Link sets out on his journey, accompanied by a new ally, a skilled archer named Raine.
Act 2: As they travel through the land, Link and Raine encounter various obstacles, from swarms of dark creatures to treacherous terrain. They are aided by other allies, including a wise old sage and members of a resistance group fighting against Ganon's rule.
Act 3: Link and Raine eventually obtain the Master Sword and the Bow of Light, but they discover that Ganon has already obtained two pieces of the Triforce. The final piece is in the possession of Princess Zelda, who is being held captive in Ganon's castle.
Final Scene: Link and Raine, aided by their allies, storm Ganon's castle in a final showdown. They face off against Ganon and his powerful dark magic, but with the Master Sword and the Bow of Light, they are able to weaken him and free Princess Zelda. However, Ganon has one last trick up his sleeve, and he transforms into a massive, terrifying beast.
In an epic final battle, Link and Raine use their weapons to fight Ganon, while Princess Zelda uses her magic to weaken him further. In a final blow, Link lands the killing blow with the Master Sword and Ganon is destroyed, his army of dark creatures vanishing in a cloud of smoke. Link and Zelda embrace, and Raine looks on with a newfound appreciation for the power of the Triforce and the strength of her new friends.
submitted by AdEqual9424
to zelda [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:58 MjolnirPants Gary and the Nightmare: Part 3
Part 2 It's coming
, Inanna sent to him. Gary looked up from where he'd been peacefully sitting on the bench, waiting for everything to go down. He used his limited skill to push the mental connection to her into a different shape. He carefully followed the instructions Jerry had given him, adding knowledge magic in a certain shape until his awareness of Inanna's words expanded into an awareness of the area around her.
He had to know the girl was okay.
From there, he spotted Suzanne and expanded the magic further. A little love magic, a little knowledge magic, blended together just right, and he could feel her fear. His heart broke for the poor thing, but there was nothing to be done for it. She had to live with the fear, and the danger. With no way to alleviate her fear, he instead sought to understand it a little better.
There was a new fear; strong and vibrant, filling her body and making her nerves sing. But he could also feel the old fear. A face that was the source of it, as well as something the poor girl desperately wanted.
He dug into the old fear, knowing that time would slow in the real world as he did so. This magic moved at the speed of thought. His concern for the girl drove him to dig, until flashes of memories, the source of the fear, began to reach him.
A leather jacket with the sleeves cut off. A woman wearing it, long scars running up and down her arms. The face belonged to that woman, Gary saw, as she turned to Suzanne. Even twisted into an expression of disgust, Suzanne knew every detail of that face.
"Motherfucker," she said, "You filled your diaper again, didn't you?"
There was a man. He was the biggest man Suzanne had ever seen, with muscular arms and a fat belly. The man was nice, but still scary. Suzanne liked his kind of scary, though. He had scars on his face, one of which gave him a permanent sneer. His name was Mister Liam. He had a leather jacket like mommy's, but his was covered in patches. He had a big skull on the back, and numbers and letters that didn't make words all over. Mommy used to tease Mister Liam that he hadn't earned his jacket, and Mister Liam would tease Mommy the same way.
"Where's my fucking car keys, you little shit?!" Mommy was angry, which was scary. A stinging slap that made her see stars filled her awareness. "My keys, Suzanne! I saw you playing with them!"
Flash. Mommy was asleep on the couch. It was one of the deep sleeps that she had when she put the rubber band around her arm. Mister Liam opened the door. "Hey Stace, you want to..." he stopped when he saw Mommy on the couch and ran over to her.
"You stupid bitch," he muttered, taking the rubber band off her arm and slapping her in the face.
"Why are you hitting Mommy?" Suzanne asked.
"I need her to wake up, punkin'," Mister Liam said. He shook Mommy's shoulders until she started moaning.
Mister Liam was standing over the man who'd climbed in the window. Both of them were covered in blood. The stranger was crying, like a little kid, and Mister Liam was breathing heavily. Mommy burst into the room. "What did you do?!" she screamed at Mister Liam.
Mister Liam was kneeling in front of her. "This doesn't mean we can't still be friends, punkin," he said quietly. "It just means that Mommy and me aren't going to be the same kind of friends we were before."
Suzanne curled up on the bus stop bench as the rain poured down. It took a long, long time for the bus to come. The doors opened and she got up and ran inside. Even the few feet from the bench to the bus soaked her.
"Can you take me to Mister Liam's?" Suzanne asked. The driver, a heavyset black woman, drew her brows down in concern. "Do you know where Mister Liam lives, honey?"
"Suzanne!" Mommy's voice sounded angry as she ran up. "Suzanne, get off that bus!" Mommy grabbed her by the arms and yanked her off. "I'm sorry!" she said to the driver, whose frown changed as she regarded Mommy.
"I'm sorry, Stacey, but you're not in a position to raise a little girl. She needs to go into a foster home." Suzanne looked up, wondering what that meant.
"Do we tell her?" Miss Beth's voice could be heard through the walls from where Suzanne was playing with a doll.
"Jesus, Beth. How do we tell her? It's her mother."
"She deserves to know, Percy."
"I know, I just... Let's not tell her right away, okay?"
"How long do you want to wait?"
"I don't know. Maybe until she asks about her."
He pulled back out just in time to catch Inanna's next words. -ou ready? Born ready
, he sent back. Okay, I'll try to give you a head's up-Shit! What's wrong?
Gary sent. Percy and Beth are back, shit, this isn't good...
Gary cursed and prepared to teleport back. Shit,
Inanna sent, right before he left. It's here. We're all coming to you. Me, Suzanne, Percy, Beth and the bugbear.
Gary cursed under his breath. He prepared a wet blanket and brought his sword and shield out of hammerspace.
It only took a second for all of them to appear. Well, almost all of them. The three humans and the former goddess appeared next to the illusory bed. Suzanne was crouched down, clinging to Inanna's leg with a look of abject terror on her face.
The two adults both looked startled, knees bent, eyes casting about.
"Holy shit," Percy said.
"Get the fuck out of here!" Gary barked. "Now! Now! Now!" Both of them reacted to the force with which he shouted the command and took off.
They hadn't gotten more than a half dozen steps before an indistinct black shape appeared in front of Beth and she screamed. The black shape lunged at her, and her scream turned wet and then cut off. Gary rushed forward as Inanna collapsed from the effort of teleporting multiple people who weren't in physical contact.
Beth fell to the ground, a mess of blood and meat and the shape surged at Percy.
"Beth!" he shouted as he drew back a fist and punched at the bugbear's head. The thing flashed into solidity for a second, and Gary caught a glimpse of a white, demonic face before Percy's fist slammed into it. The thing had glowing red eyes, deep creases all over its face, large prominent fangs and a head of snarled black hair.
The thing flinched at the punch and growled, a deep, inhuman sound, its face fading back to indistinction as soon as Percy hauled his fist back for another.
"Kill you," it intoned in a sepulchral voice. Percy hit it again, and for a brief second, Gary thought the enraged man might actually take the beast down.
Percy had a good stance, and he threw his punches from the hip, hitting hard. But the bugbear wasn't an opponent in a boxing ring. When Percy swung the fifth punch, the bugbear flashed into solidity a split-second early, its maw stretching open wide and clamping down on Percy's fist with its fangs.
The man screamed as the bugbear bit his fist right off. Blood sprayed, a heartbeat pulsing it out right as the bugbear pulled back. Gary reached the beast and swung his sword, igniting it with a thought as he did.
The bugbear screamed this time, adding its unnatural voice to Percy's as the flames licked at its smokey form. The fire seemed to catch on it and the flames flowed out, engulfing it and making the silhouette more distinct.
Percy fell back and the bugbear fell on him. Gary heard his scream get cut off, and then watched his head bounce away, face still wearing an expression of shock and pain.
Gary growled and slashed again and again, each cut drawing a screech from the beast and making the flames engulfing it burn brighter. The creature jumped away, and then turned to face Gary. Its glowing red eyes bored into his and Gary felt... Something, happening.
"Take the shot," Boss said. Gary's hand trembled, making the crosshairs jump.
"You okay, Johnson?"
"I... I can't. It's my friend."
"Fuck it," Boss snapped. He raised his own rifle and sighted in.
"No!" Gary shouted, grabbing his barrel and yanking his aim off.
"God damnit!" Boss shouted. Chris ran up and grabbed Gary by the shoulders. "What the hell, Gary?" he asked.
"He's my friend," Gary said. "And the other one's Nat, babe!" He looked around, confused. How could they not know this?
The two running figures made it to a wall and climbed over.
"FUCK!" Boss screamed, then he grabbed his radio. "Everybody romeo tango bravo, right fucking now. Split up and get back north. We're fucked." He grabbed Rog, their RTO and spun him around. "Call it in. Mike foxtrot."
"Shit," Chris barked. Gary turned to see Boss bringing a spotting scope up to his eyes. Gary raised his rifle as Boss said "No way they didn't see us."
They were a couple of boys. Just kids. Running away from the men with guns.
"Drop 'em, Johnson," Boss said.
"They're just kids," Gary responded. Boss' hand came down on Gary's shoulder. "I know, brother," he said, his voice soft. "But you know the deal."
Gary sighted down the first one, but his hand began to tremble. The crosshairs jumped around, ruining his shot.
"They're just fucking kids, Boss," he said. The two figured reached a wall and climbed over it. They were gone.
"Shit, what do we do?" Chris asked.
Boss rubbed his face and thought for a second. "Fuck it," he said. "Charlie mike. Most likely, those two were just scared."
They picked back up their course. They made it almost all the way to the high point that was their destination when the first mortars fell.
"Scatter!" Top shouted, grabbing Boss' strap and yanking him away from where he'd been talking to Rog. Gary looked quickly around, spotting Chris and running in the same direction he was.
Another mortar fell behind him with an ear-splitting crunch, followed by a shout of pain that drew itself out into a scream. He spun to see Top laying on the ground, bloody. His right leg was a couple yards away, and the stump was pumping blood in a great big spray.
"Top's down!" Gary said, squeezing the transmit button on his radio.
Another mortar hit and Gary saw Rog cartwheeling through the air. This was bad, they'd dialed in directly on them. Gary froze, unsure of what to do. He looked between the spot where Rog had fallen and the direction where Chris had stopped to wait for him.
"Fuck," Gary muttered. He turned to Chris and ran, but then a mortar fell right on top of the man he loved in secret.
"Noooooo!" Gary screamed.
Chris' shout of "Shit," caught Gary's attention. He turned to see two small figures running away as Boss watched them through a spotting scope.
This was wrong, Gary knew.
"This..." he said. "This already happened."
"What are you talking about, Gary?" Chris asked.
"This already happened," Gary said again. "This isn't real, it's... It's a memory or something."
"What are you talking about?" Chris asked. Gary heard the suppressed crack as Rog took the shot. He looked up to see both figures mounting the wall. Rog had missed.
"Fuck," Boss muttered. "Come on, let's get the fuck out of here."
They made it less than half a mile when the trucks appeared and bullets began to whiz past them. Gary and Chris found cover behind a small shed and the others scattered. Gary leaned around one corner and dropped the man running a truck-mounted PKP before he could light up their cover.
"Shit, they stirred up the whole fucking valley," Gary muttered. He turned to coordinate with Chris, but found him laying on the ground, a neat hole above his left eye.
"Fuck," Gary said, then a hot explosion on the side of his head cut off everything.
"Shit," Chris shouted, causing Gary to spin. Boss already had a spotting scope up, and he was tracking two figures running away from them.
"What the fuck?" Gary muttered.
"Gary, you need to drop them," Boss said.
"This is some kind of trick," Gary said.
"It's not a trick, those two spotted us!" Chris responded. He raised his rifle and sighted in on one of them. Before he could shoot, an indistinct black figure appeared and rushed them.
"What the fuck?" Chris shouted as the blurry figure fell over both boys. A second later, Gary heard the screams.
"What in the hell is that thing?" Boss asked as it rose and began to move towards them.
"Whatever it is, fucking shoot it," Rog said, raising his rifle and firing. Gary, Chris and Boss joined in, followed a second later by Top and the rest. They unloaded full magazines into the thing, but it never even slowed. It hit Boss first, throwing him back like a rag doll with his armor and the flesh beneath it shredded. He crashed into Top and the both of them went tumbling in a tangle of limbs.
Gary swung his rifle butt into the creature, but it passed right through. A clawed hand lashed back out at him, easily carving through the ballistic plate in his armor and sending a spurt of blood arcing out. The blood passed through the creature to splatter Chris in the face.
"Gary!" he shouted. Gary stared at him, his arms no longer responding to his brain's commands to move. The creature spun on Chris and rushed forward. As the blood splashed back through the beast again to drench Gary, a word came to him.
"Bugbear," he muttered. Then he fell over and darkness took him.
Chris shouted "Shit," making Gary turn.
Anger flooded through him. This was bullshit.
"How many fucking times?" he asked. The two figures in the distance were so small...
"What the fuck am I supposed to do?!" he shouted. "I didn't have any fucking choice! If I let them go, we all fucking die!"
Growling deep in his chest, he raised his rifle and quickly sighted down. He recognized Jerry's haircut on the boy, a brown mop atop a face much younger than he remembered, but familiar nonetheless. But it didn't matter. He fired, causing the figure to throw up its hands and fall.
He lined his crosshairs up on the bouncing braids that terminated the cornrows of the other figure and pulled the trigger the instant the crosshairs swept onto them. That figure dropped, as well.
"You fucking happy?!" he shouted, making his teammates wince and stare at him in confusion.
"Is this what you wanted, you blurry little shit?! You want to make me fucking shoot them? To kill two fucking kids?"
Gary spun, searching for the indistinct figure. All he saw was Afghanistan, his team and two small, dead bodies.
"I did it fucking once, you sad excuse for a boogyman!" Gary shouted. He pulled the magazine from his gun and angrily slapped in a new one, stuffing the old one into the empty slot the new one had come from.
"I fucking did it in the real fucking world!" Gary shouted. "You know that, you vicious shit-stain? And I'd do it again, too. I didn't have any goddamn choice, you hear me?"
Chris and the others looked concerned, now. None of them had said a word, but Gary was beyond caring. Gary was furious in a way he hadn't felt in a long, long time.
"GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE, MOTHERFUCKER!" he roared. He glanced at his rifle, which was wrong. This was the rifle he had carried back then, not the one he carried now. He unclipped the sling and threw it down, then reached into hammerspace for his gun. But then he stopped.
Not the gun.
He drew his sword, instead. The moment the blade appeared in his hand, it lit up with an intense heat. The flames weren't even visible, only the shimmering distortion in the air. Gary felt his eyebrows and beard singing, so he called up his energy shield, adjusting it to block heat and claws, instead of bullets.
There was still no sign of the beast. Gary drew his shield out of hammerspace.
"You gonna make me find you, motherfucker?!" he yelled through a sneer of disgust and rage. He got no answer.
"That's it," he muttered. "I'm coming, you motherfucker. Fee Fi Fo Fum, Gary's coming to get him some."
He stomped off in search of the bugbear.
submitted by MjolnirPants
to JerryandtheGoddesses [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:54 PhilsTriangle [USA-NJ][H] N64, NES, SNES, Pokemon 3DS XL Console, Gameboy Console CIB, DSi Console, Playstation, PS2, Sega, SMS, and Xbox 360 [W] PayPal, Venmo
Hey everyone, here's a few pictures of my N64 Games, 3DS XL Console, GBA Console, GBA Games
I have for sale . There's a lot listed below that is not pictured so just let me know what you are interested in and I can provide additional pictures.
Prices do not include shipping unless "shipped" is noted. Shipping is $4 for 1 game (1st Class in a Padded/Bubble Wrapped Envelope). An additional $1 per game (if weight exceeds 12 oz). I only accept PayPal via Friends & Family or Venmo F&F, however I do have 295+ confirmed transaction on this board. Consoles + Accessories
Gameboy Original (CIB; unused condition; even the batteries are unopened) - $300 shipped or BO GBA Wireless Adapter (AGB-015) - $20 shipped GBA to Gamecube Adapter (DOL-011) - $25 shipped Gameboy OEM Clam Shells (lot of 32) - $75 shipped Nintendo 3DS XL Pokemon X & Y Limited Edition Console + Luigis Mansion Dark Moon (loose) - $300 shipped Nintendo 64 OEM Gray Controller - $25 Nintendo 64 OEM Controller Pak (NUS-004) - $13 shipped Nintendo 64 GameShark - $25 Nintendo 64 Performance Memory Card - $10 shipped Nintendo 64 OEM Transfer Pak - $20 shipped Nintendo DSI (TMNT Decals) w/ Charger - $50 shipped Sega GameGear Super Wide Gear - $22 shipped Sega Master System w/ hookups + controller (small crack/break in console shell) $125 + shipping Super Nintendo Snes Jr Console (console only; tested) - $90 shipped N64 Games
007 World is Not Enough (ex-rental) - $14 1080 Snowboarding - $11 Backstage Assault - $12 Blast Corps - $18 Excite Bike 64 - $15 Flying Dragon - $30 F-Zero X - $40 Jet Force Gemini - $13 Madden Football 64 - $5 Mario Kart 64 - $42 MRC Multi Championship Racing - $10 Mystical Ninja Featuring Goemon (ex-rental) - $85 Namco Museum 64 - $12 NBA Jam 99 - $11 NFL Blitz 2001 (torn label) - $18 NFL Quarterback Club 2000 - $5 Pokemon Snap - $20 Pokemon Stadium - $35 San Francisco Rush - $15 San Francisco Rush 2 - $18 Star Wars Episode 1 Racer - $10 Star Wars Rogue Squadron - $14 Super Mario 64 - $38 Superman - $15 Super Smash Brothers - $45 Magical Tetris Challenge - $25 The New Tetris - $30 Tetrisphere - $12 Tony Hawk Pro Skater - $12 Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - $21 Top Gear Overdrive - $11 Toy Story 2 - $20 Turok Dinosaur Hunter - $12 Virtual Pool - $13 Waialae Country Club - $6 N64 Manuals/Strategy Guides
Duke Nukem Manual - $10 Flying Dragon Manual - $40 Silicon Valley Space Station Manual - $50 Super Mario 64 Nintendo Power Player's Guide - $18 NES Games
Adventure of Bayou Billy - $7 Anticipation - $5 Bad Street Brawler - $13 Battle Chess (CIB) - $32 Battle of Olympus - $16 Blades of Steel - $9 Defender 2 - $10 Dragon Warrior (CIB) - $70 Dragon Warrior II -$60 Dragon Warrior - III - $120 Dragon Warrior IV - $160 Excite Bike - $11 Exodus Ultima - $11 Faxanadu - $12 Fester's Quest - $10 Final Fantasy - $25 Gauntlet II (label wear) - $10 Golf - $3 Gotcha - $7 Ghost 'N Goblins - $15 Greg Norman's Golf Power - $14 Gyruss - $9 Hydlide - $9 Iron Sword - $8 Little League Baseball - $12 Magic of Scheherazade (CIB) - $65 Mach Rider - $8 Metal Gear (w/ worn box) - $80 Mike Tyson's Punch-Out - $40 Paperboy - $16 Pinball $7 The Punisher - $27 Rad Racer II - $7 Renegade - $10 RBI Baseball 2 - $10 Road Runner - $16 Spy Hunter - $6 Super Glove Ball - $7 Superman - $21 Super Mario Bros. - $15 Super Mario Bros./ Duck Hunt - $7 Super Mario Bros. 2 - $24 Super Off-Road - $12 Super Sprint (Tengen) - $7 Super Team Games - $9 Tetris - $12 Tetris 2 -$9 Tiger-Heli - $5 Tiny Toon Adventures 2 Trouble in Wackyland - $16 To The Earth - $5 Toobin (Tengen) - $20 Top Gun - $5 Top Player Tennis - $9 Vindicators - $10 Winter Games by Epyx - $6 NES Manuals
Anticipation Manual - $5 Captain Skyhawk Manual - $5 Dance Aerobics Manual - $5 Friday the 13th Manual - $16 Golf - $5 Gotcha Manual - $7 (crease) Hogan's Alley Manual - $9 Iron Sword Wizards & Warriors II Manual - $7 Life Force Manual - $10 (some damage to an interior page) Sesame Street 1 2 3 - $7 Super Team Games - $7 Tiger Heli - $3 (water damage) Gameboy (cart only)
Batman - $24 Dr. Mario - $10 Star Wars - $11 Super Mario Land - (top of label is faded) - $20 Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - $30 Gameboy Color (cart only)
All-Star Baseball 2000 - $5 Mary Kate & Ashley's New Adventures - $4 Men in Black The Series - $7 Pacman Special Color Edition - $14 Rugrats the Movie - $7 Shrek Fairy Tale Freak Down - $7 Smurf's Nightmare - $10 Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - $6 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - $6 Yu- Gi- Oh Dark Duel Stories - $10 GBA (cart only)
007 Everything or Nothing - $7 A Series of Unfortunate Events -$4 Backyard Baseball - $5 Backyard Baseball 2006 - $7 Backyard Baseball 2007 - $7 Backyard Football - $8 Backyard Football 2006 - $4 Backyard Football 2007 - $5 Battleship / Risk / Clue - $6 Bratz - $4 Butt Ugly Martians: BKM Battles - $5 Cars - $5 Cartoon Network Speedway - $6 Catz - $5 Cho Makaimura R Super Ghouls N Ghost ( Japanese Import) - $95 Shipped Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 - $4 Dogz - $6 Dora Explorer's Pirate Pig's Treasure - $4 Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors - $20 Earth Worm Jim - $16 ESPN Great Outdoor Games Bass 2002 - $5 Fantastic 4 Flame On - $3 Finding Nemo - $5 Fire Pro Wrestling - $11 Frogger's Journey - $6 Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge - $3 Hot Wheels World Race - $5 Incredibles Rise of the Underminer - $6 Jimmy Neutron Attack of the Twonkies - $4 Jimmy Neutron Jet Fusion - $3 Lord of the Rings The Two Towers - $10 Lost Vikings - $25 Lizzie McGuire: On the Go - $3 Madagascar & Shrek 2 - $5 Madagascar Operation Penguin - $6 Madden 2005 - $5 Mario Kart Super Circuit (torn label) - $21 Monster Jam Maximum Destruction - $6 Namco Museum - $6 Oddworld Munch's Oddysee - $12 Pong Asterios Yar's Revenge - $4 Power Rangers Dino Thunder - $8 Quad Desert Furty - $3 Road Rash Jail Break - $10 Shark Tale - $4 Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron - $5 Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones - $5 Star Wars The New Droid Army - $5 Super Mario Advance (worn label) - $17 The Incredibles - $3 Top Gear GT Championship - $10 Yu-Gi-Oh Double Pack 2 - $13 Yu-Gi-Oh Eternal Duelist Soul - $12 Wario Land 4 - $45 WWF Road to Wrestlemania - $10 Nintendo 3DS (loose)
Transformers Dark of the Moon Stealth Edition - $7 Nintendo DS Games (cart only unless noted)
Avatar The Last Airbender - $13 Backyard Sports Rookie Rush - $4 Bionicle Matoran Adventures - $6 Club Penguin - $4 Happy Feet - $4 Mario Hoops 3 on 3 - $10 Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - $10 Megaman Starforce Dragon - $95 shipped Metroid Hunters First Hunt - $6 Namco Museum DS - $8 Nintendo Dogs: Chihuahua & Friends - $6 Nintendo Dogs: Dachshund & Friends (CIB) - $10 Nintendo Dogs: Lab & Friends - $6 Ping Pals - $3 Plants vs Zombies - $10 Ratatouille - $5 Ridge Racer DS - $8 Shrek Superslam - $5 MySims - $5 MySims Kingdom - $5 Spectrobes - $5 Spiderman 3 - $8 Star Wars II The Original Trilogy (LEGO) - $6 Super Money Ball Touch & Roll - $6 Nintendo Gamecube Games (CIB unless noted)
ATV Quad Power Racing 2 (missing manual) - $9 Cars - $8 ESPN Winter Sports 2002 - $6 Madden 2003 - $5 Madden 2005 - $6 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 - $8 Spongebob Squarepants: Lights Camera Pants - $16 WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (missing manual) - $25 WWE WrestleMania X8 (missing manual) - $12 Nintendo Wii Games (all have cases)
All-Star Cheer Squad - $5 Cabelas Big Game Hunter 2010 (CIB) - $8 Call of Duty Black Ops (CIB) - $9 Carnival Games (CIB) - $6 Chuck E Cheese Party Games (Missing Manual) - $10 Country Dance (CIB) - $8 Deal or No Deal (CIB) - $5 Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock (CIB) - $19 Hannah Montana Spotlight World Tour (Sealed) - $8 Major League Baseball 2K12 (CIB) - $10 Thrillville Off The Rails (CIB) - $5 Wii Music - $6 Wii Sports (Disc & Manual) - $20 Wii Sports Resort (CIB) - $30 Playstation PS1 Games (CIB unless noted)
007 Tomorrow Never Dies - $7 A Bug's Life (GH) - $7 Action Bass - $6 Ball Breakers (sealed) - $10 Bass Championship - $7 Battle Arena Toshinden (GH) - $14 Bushido Blade - $36 Crash Bandicoot Warped (GH) - $13 Fighting Force - $20 Gran Turismo 2 (GH) - $12 Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone - $13 IHRA Drag Racing - $5 Inspector Gadget: Gadget's Crazy Maze - $8 MediEvil (missing manual) - $35 Missile Command - $6 Monster's Inc (GH) - $9 Nascar Heat (CIB) - $7 NBA Live 2000 - $8 NBA Shootout 98 - $9 NFL Blitz 2000 - $15 NHL 98 - $8 NHL Faceoff 97 (GH) - $5 Parasite Eve - $75 Parasite Eve (missing demo disk) - $60 PlayStation Underground Jampack Fall 2001 - $9 Q* Bert - $10 Resident Evil Director's Cut (GH) - $30 Rugrats Search for Reptar (GH) - $17 Rugrats in Paris: The Movie - $12 Soul Blade - $23 Star wars Dark Forces (unoriginal jewel case) - $13 Syphon Filter 2 (GH) - $10 Tecmo Super Bowl - $20 Tiger Woods 99 - $8 Tony Hawk Pro Skater (GH) - $10 Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (GH) - $12 Triply Play 99 - $8 Who Wants to Be a Millionaire 2nd Edition - $8 World Cup 98 - $12 Playstation 2 PS2 Games (CIB unless noted)
007 Everything or Nothing - $7 007 Nightfire - $9 Ace Combat 4 Shattered Skies (GH) - $8 All-Star Baseball 2005 - $5 Ben 10 Protector of Earth - $9 Bully - $22 Clock Tower 3 - $70 Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of the Cortex (GH version) - $10 Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of the Cortex - $12 Devil May Cry (GH) - $7 Enter the Matrix - $10 Eragon - $6 Family Feud - $5 Final Fantasy X (GH) -$9 Frogger the Great Quest - $7 Godfather the Game - $14 God of War (2 Disc Set) - $12 Guitar Hero II - $7 Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock - $9 High Heat Major League Baseball 2004 - $5 Hobbit - $10 Karaoke Revolution Party - $8 Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol - $5 Madden 2003 - $5 Madden 2007 - $5 Madden 2008 - $5 Midway Arcade Treasures - $11 MLB 07 the Show - $5 MLB Slugfest 2004 - $11 Nascar 2001 - $5 Nascar Thunder 2003 - $7 NFL Blitz Pro - $10 Onimusha 3 Demon Siege - $21 Pinball Hall of Fame - $5 Pirates - The Legend of Black Kat - $12 Red Dead Revolver - $17 Rise of Kasai - $8 Silent Hill 4 The Room (Factory Sealed) - $325 shipped Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith - $9 SSX Tricky (missing manual) - $19 Summoner - $10 Teen Titans - $22 Theme Park Roller Coaster - $8 Time Crisis 3 - $23 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - $6 Ty the Tasmanian Tiger - $11 Warriors of Might & Magic - $10 Wheel of Fortune - $7 Yu-Gi-Oh Duelists of the Roses - $22 PS3
Band Hero - $6 Call of Duty Black Ops - $10 Call of Duty World at War -$11 Crysis 2 - $7 Fifa Soccer 11 - $5 Guitar Hero 5 - $11 MLB the Show 10 - $4 MLB the Show 11 - $4 NCAA Football 11 - $9 Sports Champions - $5 Sega 32X (all cart only)
Primal Rage - $50 Virtua Fighter - $24 Virtua Racing - $20 Sega Dreamcast Games (disc & manual only***; do not have original cases unless noted CIB)
Centipede - $7 Plasma Sword Night of Bilstein - $50 Psychic Force 2012 - $25 Ready 2 Rumble Boxing - $12 Rippin Riders - $5 Sega Bass Fishing - $8 Sega Rally 2 Championship - $12 Speed Devils - $15 Sword of Berserk: Gut's Rage (game only) - $65 Trick Style - $7 Zombie Revenge - $30 Sega Game Gear (cart only)
Columns - $5 Sega Genesis (cart only unless noted) Aladdin (cart + manual) - $10 Boogerman A Pick & Flick Adventure (cart + manual) - $20 John Madden Football (cart + manual) - $20 Mortal Kombat (cart + manual) - $12 Prime Time NFL Football starring Deon Sanders (cart +manual) - $9 Shining Force (Case & Cart) - $75 Shining Force 2 (cart only) - $55 Sonic the Hedgehog (cart + manual) - $13 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (cart + manual) - $12 Sonic & Knuckles (cart only) - $25 Streets of Rage (cart only) - $22 X-Men (cart + manual) - $15 Sega Master System (Mostly CIB; ask me to check manual)
Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars - $28 California Games (missing manual) - $20 Choplifter - $18 Ghostbusters - $25 Great Baseball - $10 Monopoly - $10 Parlour Games - $10 Pro Wrestling - $14 Rocky - $17 Space Harrier (missing manual) - $18 Shinobi (includes map; missing manual) - $30 Super Nintendo (SNES) Games (cart only)
Aeroacrobat - $9 Best of the Best Championship Karate - $8 Brandish - $85 Brett Hull Hockey - $7 Bulls vs Blazers - $4 Capcom MVP Football - $7 Captain Commando - $175 Cliffhanger - $9 College Slam - $7 Donkey Kong Country - $20 ESPN Baseball Tonight - $4 Family Feud - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - $17 Football Fury - $20 Harley's Humongous Adventure - $15 Magic Johnson's Super Slam Dunk - $6 Mickey's Ultimate Challenge - $12 MechWarrior 3050 - $17 Monopoly - $5 Ms. Pacman - $12 NCAA Basketball - $5 Nickelodeon GUTS - $16 Ninja Warrior - $130 NFL Football - $5 Pit Fighter - $8 Romance of the Three Kingdoms II - $20 Soldier's of Fortune (rental sticker on label) - $25 Stanley Cup Championship -$6 Street Fighter II - $15 Super Caesar's Palace - $4 Super High Impact - $5 Super Soccer - $9 Super Star Wars Return of the Jedi - $16 Terminator 2 Judgement Day - $15 Top Gear - $15 Xbox 360 (CIB)
Assassin's Creed - $6 Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition - $10 Battlefield 3 Limited Edition - $6 Fifa Soccer 10 - $5 Fifa Work Cup South Africa 2010 - $5 Grand Theft Auto V - $10 Injustice Gods Among Us - $5 L.A. Noire - $7 Left 4 Dead 2 - $11 Mafia II - $10 N3 Ninety-Nine Nights - $20 Nascar The Game 2011 - $9 NBA 2K12 - $5 NHL 10 - $3 NHL 14 - $6 Pocket Bike Racer - $5 Red Dead Redemption - $9 Saints Row - $10 Saints Row The Third - $5 Skate 3 - $6 Virtua Tennis 4 - $9
submitted by PhilsTriangle
to GameSale [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:45 Amor-Vincit-Haeresim [F] Beneath the Emperor's Eye: Hidden Desires
Captain Gabriel Cremasterius of the Ultramarines gazed at the wasteland that extended for kilometers and kilometers in front of him, while his comrades were setting up the base of operations. He stood tall and proud in his cerulean blue armor, his gaze unwavering, and his heart dedicated to the mission he was given in the name of the God-Emperor: to retrieve the mystic Rod of Displacement from the hand of Chaos forces, or destroy it.
The rod was an ancient relic long forgotten—a powerful weapon capable of warping reality itself. The Imperium could ill afford such a weapon falling into the hands of their enemies, and the Ultramarines leading six regiments of the Imperial Guard were tasked to retrieve it in a full-scale invasion of Passera II, a planet seized by Chaos forces.
He was known throughout the Chapter as a beacon of loyalty and bravery. But behind his stoic facade, there was a secret he held close to his chest, a secret that could cost him everything he held dear.
Despite being a gene-forged augmented human, despite all his training and psycho-pharmaceutical conditioning, something was different in him. In the darkest corners of his soul, Gabriel harbored an unrequited love for a soldier from the Imperial Guard, Lieutenant Marcus Cole. Tall and rugged, Marcus possessed a sense of duty that matched Gabriel's own. Whenever they found themselves fighting side by side on the battlefield, Gabriel couldn't help but steal glances at the man who had unknowingly captured his heart.
The first time Gabriel realized the depth of his feelings, it struck him like a bolt of lightning. He had been leading a joint mission with the Imperial Guard, coordinating their efforts against a chaos incursion on the forsaken world of Lorn V. As they fought shoulder to shoulder, their movements in perfect synchrony, Gabriel's admiration for Marcus turned into something more.
It was during a lull in the battle, with the acrid stench of smoke and gunfire hanging heavy in the air, that Gabriel found himself stealing a rare moment alone with Marcus. Their eyes met, and in that shared gaze, a flicker of something unspoken passed between them. Gabriel felt his heart skip a beat, and he had to look away, afraid that his secret would be revealed.
From that moment on, Gabriel's thoughts were consumed by Marcus. He found himself seeking out opportunities to be near him, to hear his voice, and to bask in his presence. Marcus, unaware of Gabriel's hidden affection, treated him with utmost respect, seeing him as a trusted comrade and ally, as a superhuman who gave him, a mere soldier of the Guard, the honor of his friendship. But Gabriel longed for something more—a connection that transcended their roles as warriors.
The weight of their unexpressed love burdened Gabriel's soul. It was a constant ache that lingered even in the most fervent battles. He yearned to hold Marcus, to brush his fingers against his cheek, and to tell him how his heart burned with a love that defied the boundaries of their world.
But the reality of their situation gnawed at Gabriel's spirit. The rigid doctrines of the Imperium dictated that such affections were forbidden, especially within the ranks of the Adeptus Astartes. His duty was to be a killing machine, an angel of death, not to have feelings for anyone else. As a warrior devoted to duty, he had been taught to prioritize the Emperor's will above all else, to suppress personal desires and emotions in service of the Imperium.
As a warrior devoted to duty, he had been taught to prioritize the Emperor's will above all else, to suppress personal desires and emotions in service of the Imperium. To place his emotional bondage to someone who wasn't the God-Emperor or the eprite-de-corps was heretical, and possibly a symptom of corruption in his gene-seed. Gabriel knew that if their love were exposed, it could result in both their excommunication and the destruction of everything they held dear.
Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months, as Gabriel and Marcus fought side by side against the tides of heresy and chaos. The battles were relentless, and the pain of their hidden love gnawed at Gabriel's spirit. He watched Marcus carry the weight of their unspoken affection as well, his eyes filled with longing every time their gazes met.
The secrecy became a prison for Gabriel. He found himself torn between his duty to the Ultramarines and the overwhelming desire to express his love for Marcus. It was a battle fought within his own heart—a struggle between the loyalty he had sworn to the Emperor and the love that consumed his every waking moment.Little did Gabriel know that Marcus was fighting the same battle. The longing in his eyes mirrored Gabriel's own, but he, too, understood the risks involved. They both lived with the constant fear of discovery, yet the flame of their love burned ever brighter, refusing to be extinguished.
As Gabriel and Marcus continued to navigate the treacherous path of their forbidden love, they found themselves under the watchful eye of Apothecary Pipus Gravus, a keen observer with a reputation for uncovering secrets within the ranks of the Ultramarines. Suspicion cast its dark shadow over the two warriors, raising the stakes of their clandestine affair.
The two, acutely aware of the risks they faced in their forbidden love, took great care to conceal their affections and avoid arousing suspicion. They understood that even the slightest hint of impropriety could draw unwanted attention from their comrades, including the watchful eyes of Pipus.To maintain their secret, Gabriel and Marcus became masters of subtlety. They avoided any unnecessary physical contact while in the presence of others, ensuring their interactions remained strictly professional. Their conversations were filled with coded language and veiled references, allowing them to communicate their feelings without explicitly revealing the nature of their affection.
Aware that their actions could potentially be scrutinized, they ensured that their conduct mirrored the camaraderie and respect shared among their fellow Ultramarines. Gabriel and Marcus continued to fight side by side on the battlefield, their battle prowess and dedication to duty serving as a smokescreen for their hidden desires. By maintaining a facade of unwavering loyalty to the Emperor, they avoided raising any immediate red flags.
Nevertheless, Pipus, with his keen intuition and ability to discern even the subtlest changes in behavior, couldn't help but notice a certain closeness between Gabriel and Marcus. He observed the stolen glances and the lingering gazes that passed between them, causing a seed of suspicion to take root in his mind.Instead of acting on his suspicions immediately, Titus decided to delve deeper into the matter, carefully observing their interactions over an extended period. He sought to gather enough evidence to ascertain the truth before potentially exposing them to the harsh consequences that awaited those who violated the stringent rules of the Imperium.
As time passed, Titus couldn't help but notice the unchanging professionalism and dedication displayed by Gabriel and Marcus. Their actions mirrored those of their fellow warriors, leaving him with no concrete proof to substantiate his suspicions. However, beneath his duty-bound exterior, Pipus also recognized the pain and longing that lay hidden within the hearts of the two warriors.
He in fact held a secret of his own. While his duty compelled him to investigate any potential deviations from the Emperor's light, his heart yearned for a different outcome. He had always admired Gabriel's unwavering dedication and Marcus' unwavering valor. Deep within him, Titus sympathized with their plight, understanding the power of love and the pain of unrequited desires.
Rather than expose Gabriel and Marcus, Pipus decided to silently watched over them, protecting their secret from prying eyes. He knew the risks they faced if their love were revealed, and he couldn't bear to be the instrument of their downfall. Instead, he discreetly ensured their encounters went unnoticed, providing a shield against the scrutiny of others. He subtly redirected attention away from them during gatherings and discreetly intervened when others approached too close to uncover their secret. In doing so, he created a buffer that allowed their love to remain hidden, even from those who might have been more perceptive.
Pipus understood the weight of their unrequited love, recognizing the sacrifices they made to uphold their duties while suppressing their true desires. His sympathy and compassion for their plight compelled him to become their silent guardian, ensuring that their secret remained known to them alone
.Thus, in the shadows, their love continued to burn, an unspoken flame that only grew stronger with each passing day, awaiting a time when they might find the freedom to express it openly.
In the depths of their despair, a sliver of hope emerged. Marcus had come across a rumor—a hidden possibility that would allow them to escape the scrutiny of the Imperium and seek refuge in a remote world far from prying eyes. If properly activated, the Rod was capable of teleporting people wherever they wanted, by tapping the power of Immaterium in an instant travel. But wouldn't it be supreme heresy and crime against the Imperium?
The Rod was kept in a Chaos stronghold buried in a mountain. The assault lasted for days, with both parts taking a heavy toll in losses. But Imperial forces had the advantage of numbers and air superiority, so Chaos forces were surrounded and trapped with no possibility of escapes. They didn't know how to operate the Rod, a secret that was only known to the high Imperial inquisitors. Their only hope was to resist for enough time to let the reinforcements come, break the Imperial defenses, and allow anybody to flee.
However, the Imperial Guard built tight defenses around their forces, creating a sandwich situation: Chaos forces surrounding Imperial forces that surrounded other Chaos forces. A sudden ion storm made the skies unfliable, so everybody was counting their supplies. Who would have lasted long?
Gabriel decided to storm immediately the target of the expedition, not to waste time. Some brave Guardsmen volounteer to assist the Ultramarines squad, and Marcus was among them. Initially, Gabriel didn't want for his love to risk his life in that battle, but he couldn't express his fears.
As they approached the stronghold, its malevolent aura hung heavy in the air, sending shivers down their spines. The Guardsmen steeled themselves for the battle ahead, their hearts aflame with determination. Gabriel was impatient to fight. This mission held the promise of not only reclaiming a powerful artifact but also solidifying their bond and fighting against the oppressive forces that sought to snuff out their love. Still, he was teared by doubt about the correct course of action and his duty to the Chapter.
The stronghold's defenses were formidable, with hordes of chaos cultists and monstrous abominations blocking their path. Gabriel's tactical prowess guided their every move, while Marcus' unwavering bravery served as an inspiration to all.
Amidst the chaos they battled, Marcus found himself faced with an unexpected twist of fate. During a skirmish a young woman, Elara, stood before him, her eyes filled with a mixture of terror and devotion, her hands in a bolter pistol shaking and unable to fire. In a moment of mercy, Marcus spared her life, unable to shake the feeling that there was something more to her than blind devotion to the Ruinous Powers. Gabriel approached, and gently disarmed her.
When the approaching comrades arrived, Marcus pretended that she was not a cultist, but a prisoner, previously abducted by Chaos raiders.
Elara, the product of a twisted upbringing within the cult, had been manipulated and indoctrinated from a young age. Seeking salvation, Elara kneeled, thanked for the mercy, and pledged herself to the Imperium, vowing to seek a path to salvation. She promised to show to the two warriors how to avoid the defenses and reach their goal.
Together, they carved their way through the twisted halls, their resolve unyielding. Finally, they reached the inner sanctum, where the Rod of Displacement awaited them, its malefic energy crackling in the air. Gabriel and Marcus stood united, their spirits intertwined as they confronted the embodiment of chaos. Elara watched from a distance: she was unsure about what to do. She held a secret, unbeknownst even to her cultist companions: she knew how to use the Rod. She could have grabbed it to escape from everything and everyone.
In a climactic battle, they overcame the final cultists, securing the Rod of Displacement. But victory came at a cost. Gabriel was wounded, his armor pierced by a chaos-infused blade of a Khorne berserker. For some reason, the wound didn't suture, and blood continued to flow, despite the gene-agumentation granting to space marines the means of surviving wounds. The berserker's blade was somehow cursed. As his lifeblood spilled, Marcus rushed to his side, his heart breaking at the thought of losing the one he loved.
It was in that moment that Elara, torn between her past and her newfound purpose, made a choice. Marcus' act of compassion ignited a spark within her, a glimmer of hope and a longing for redemption. Determined to escape the clutches of darkness, with a surge of power, she tapped into the energy of the Rod of Displacement, channeling it to heal Gabriel's wounds. Her redemption lay not in serving the Ruinous Powers but in embracing the light and aiding those who fought against darkness.
As Gabriel's wounds closed, a newfound hope blossomed within their hearts. They had overcome the stronghold and emerged victorious, united not only in their love but in their shared purpose to protect the Imperium from the clutches of chaos. The Rod of Displacement, once a weapon of destruction, would now be safeguarded by their hands, turned against the very forces that sought to tear them apart.
As fate would have it, the arrival of the Ultramarines at the scene of their triumph was both a blessing and a curse for Gabriel, Marcus, and Elara. Chaplain Marcus Iunius Scassonius, renowned for his unwavering devotion to the Emperor, witnessed the aftermath of Elara's use of the Rod of Displacement. With a mixture of curiosity and suspicion, he accused her of heresy, recognizing her to be a Chaos sorcerer, capable of manipulating the Rod and use magic.
Gabriel and Marcus, however, were quick to defend Elara. They protested vehemently, pointing out that her act had saved Gabriel's life and allowed them to secure the powerful artifact. Their loyalty and gratitude toward Elara overshadowed any concerns about her methods, driving them to protect her from the accusations of heresy.
Their protests only served to stoke the chaplain's suspicions. He accused Gabriel and Marcus of shielding a heretic, questioning their motives and suggesting that their own loyalty might be compromised. The weight of his accusations threatened to shatter the fragile facade they had carefully constructed, placing their secret love in even greater peril.
Yet, in the midst of this tense confrontation, the ever sympathetic apothecary, Pipus Gravus, acted swiftly and discreetly. Sensing the imminent danger, he covertly tossed a smoke grenade, creating a diversion that temporarily obscured the view of their accusers. Meanwhile, through a private channel on their helmet comms, Pipus urgently communicated to Gabriel to escape.Just as Gabriel was about to comply with Pipus' instructions, Elara, filled with a desperate determination, took matters into her own hands. She gripped the curved rod tightly, channeling its latent power. With a firm rub, a blinding blaze of light erupted, enveloping the trio in a luminous aura.
In that moment, they vanished from the stronghold, leaving their astonished comrades and the chaplain behind. The teleportation, facilitated by the activation of the Rod of Displacement, propelled them away from immediate danger, transporting them to an unknown destination.
The sympathetic apothecary's quick thinking and discreet communication had given Gabriel and his companions a chance to escape. Their secret love, though threatened, remained hidden from prying eyes. As the trio reappeared in their new surroundings, the echoes of their departure reverberated, leaving behind a trail of uncertainty and a sense of hope. They were free, at least for now, and ready to face whatever challenges awaited them in their newfound refuge.
Bound by their love and strengthened by their experiences, Gabriel, Marcus, and Elara forged ahead, ready to face whatever challenges awaited them in the eternal struggle between light and darkness. And amidst the chaos, a glimmer of hope remained—a hope that love, even in the face of adversity, could prevail and pave the way for a brighter future.
What will happen next, is a new story.
submitted by Amor-Vincit-Haeresim
to 40kLore [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:43 TheKeeperOfFate Some Companion Advice for new players (I've beaten the Graveyard boss and having an absolute blast so far)
Here's some advice for new players from someone who has made mistakes and yet has overcome them despite it. I'll be giving some build advice regarding the companions you have access to in Act 2 (I've just reached Act 3). I'll probably update this when I find the other companions. Remember that after you unlock the ability to respec your stats, anyone can fulfill any role. This is just for base character stats.
Lannon is very adaptable. Make him whatever you want your charname to be. He'll excel as anything.
I specced him out to be my main mage attacker but ended up with him as my healesummoner. Basically a magic focused bard type with Identify, Monster Lore and Music.
Lannon is a great character to be your party leader with Stealth, Disarm Traps and Awareness and his enhanced vision overworld power but Rycard can also fulfill this role if you want Lannon to play a more support role in the group with weapon enchants and healing magic.
Also, cast Analyze with him.
Arbo has terrible armor but high defense. He dies quickly if overwhelmed but the idea with him is to use his skills to debuff and CC dangerous targets like magic users etc and pick them off. He pairs well with Rycard, especially once Rycard has access to Dirt.
Arbo also has high spirit and can cast spells but can't read tomes, so his spells will come from items instead. Definitely something to consider.
If Lannon is not a spellcaster, Merewen will fill this role due to her 5% mana regen (Ignite FTW). Otherwise she'll function as a paladin/cleric type using Cleanse and Cure to remove negative effects between attacks.
Her skill Protect is very good if you spec her into Reach Weapons and use a Whip and the trait Within Arms Reach to boost her defense. Spec her either into Summoning (Bat Swarm is random but solid , Distraction, Summon Monster etc) or Destruction (Collapse is OP, Crevice pairs well with other spellcasters). Don't forget the Healing book in the chapel like I did lol! She's my backup healer after Lannon. Give her high First Aid.
Rycard is the backstab specialist. Give him a dagger or sword and spec him into Binding for some emergency CC (Ice Block, Web etc) for better control.
Leap lets him intercept foes approaching your mages/archers and Let's Dance and Ehb allows him to reposition to get out or into trouble. He's kinda squishy but does well behind enemy lines if you manage to position him correctly with his skills. Dirt is OP and makes Arbo much more viable.
Bard and Archer. Very solid attack, very solid magic. Jack of all trades.
You really can't build Shione wrong. Put him in the backline with War Song and spec into Binding for CC. I use him as my main ranged attacker and CC mage.
Spellcaster and very mobile due to Blink. Amazing magic defense but terrible HP. Dies quickly if caught off guard.
Works well with Destruction and Summoning spells. I usually swap out Arbo mid combat with Airendal if I need more magical firepower. Usually Merewen (or Lannon) is enough though.
Starts out weak but does well if you give him heavy armor with high Armor.
A great melee companion to compliment Rycard/Arbo or protect Shione/Airendal. Giving him Stunning Blow really makes him shine. Between him, Merewen and Rycard, most fights are trivial because everyone is either stunned, rooted or frozen dead lol.
submitted by TheKeeperOfFate
to CavesOfLore [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:32 RisingGear How Do Poor Orphans get through Hogwarts?
A thought just crossed my mind. How do orphens that don't have a rich inharatince like Harry have to do to get an education at Hogwarts? Does the Ministry of Magic provide student aid for low-income or orphan children to go to school?
submitted by RisingGear
to harrypotter [link] [comments]